Author Topic: Why Does Our Club Leak Like A effing Sieve (sp)  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Why Does Our Club Leak Like A effing Sieve (sp)
« on: November 18, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
RICHMOND may have accidentally revealed its draft hand with a profile of young WA gun Reece Conca appearing briefly today on the Tigers' website.

The Tigers say the appearance of Conca's profile this morning was a fluke and does not guarantee the West Australian under-18 vice-captain will be heading to Punt Rd.

But Conca has been strongly linked to Richmond's No.6 selection, and has been tipped to go there by Herald Sun draft expert Jay Clark in his phantom draft.

A strong-bodied midfielder, Conca has shot up the draft order in recent days.

The website sportal.com.au reports the Tigers website displayed key stats and background information.

Under the heading "What the RFC recruiters say" was the following glowing description:

"The club is extremely excited to have Reece at the club and feel he will add to our ever growing band of quality midfielders as well as having significant impact on the group off the field with his strong leadership qualities."

But Tigers media manager Adrian Ceddia told sportal pages were created for all the top draft candidates and Conca's page wasn't published by the club.

http://goo.gl/g8Ni6
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

TigerTimeII

Re: Why Does Our Club Leak Like A effing Sieve (sp)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
some say we r going for caddy, he is my pick anyway tough Heidelberg kid

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »

But Tigers media manager Adrian Ceddia told sportal pages were created for all the top draft candidates and Conca's page wasn't published by the club.

http://goo.gl/g8Ni6

There's always a justification, a don't blame us it wasn't our fault. rubbish Ceddia get your stuffing shoddy act together this is the second time in as many months that the media has published information about our club before the fact. The first was the best and fairest and now potentially this. Phillip Anderson come on down. Get professional Richmond, as you can probably tell i'm really peeed.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »
some say we r going for caddy, he is my pick anyway tough Heidelberg kid

Well I'm going to look like a complete tool if they do, but I don't mind that if it proves the leak wasn't a leak to begin with. but i think it is. Or MAYBE AT THE VERY LEAST ITS STRAIGHT OUT INCOMPETENCE.

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »
someone may lose there job today  :o

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »
From my experience with contact management systems, it most probably is a simple mistake. One person has hit the wrong button. If you feel that is inexcusable, fine, but it most probably really only comes down to one person, not the entire club.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
From my experience with contact management systems, it most probably is a simple mistake. One person has hit the wrong button. If you feel that is inexcusable, fine, but it most probably really only comes down to one person, not the entire club.

Al it starts with management, this is the SECOND time it has occured. You never ever get reasonable with incompetence. When it happens once, you get the person corrected or change your op basis so that the situation doesn't happen again, it doesn't have to be heavy and shouldn't be but some correction needs to take place or some internal policy adjustment needs to be made so that external media releases are handled with security.

Yes one person more than likely stuffed up, but management does have a responsibility for the effectiveness and professionalism of the staff under its care otherwise that management is negligent.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »
Tigers let draft pick Reece Conca out of bag

* Al Paton
    * November 18, 2010 3:06PM

RICHMOND may have accidentally revealed its draft hand with a profile of young WA gun Reece Conca appearing briefly today on the Tigers' website.

The Tigers say the appearance of Conca's profile this morning was a fluke and does not guarantee the West Australian under-18 vice-captain will be heading to Punt Rd.

But Conca has been strongly linked to Richmond's No.6 selection, and has been tipped to go there by Herald Sun draft expert Jay Clark in his phantom draft.

A strong-bodied midfielder, Conca has shot up the draft order in recent days.

The website sportal.com.au reports the Tigers website displayed key stats and background information.

Under the heading "What the RFC recruiters say" was the following glowing description:

"The club is extremely excited to have Reece at the club and feel he will add to our ever growing band of quality midfielders as well as having significant impact on the group off the field with his strong leadership qualities."

But a Tigers spokesman said pages were created for all the top draft candidates and Conca's page wasn't published by the club.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »
from my experience, some people have little idea, leave it at that

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
The club needs to definetly revisit its policy in regards to its process of releasing press releases to the media.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »
Hey get off Kane Johnson's back; he is still learning the caper!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »
Is the club trying to claim that Conca page was hacked? Sure it wasn't officially published but it was still publicly accessible (and the url with his name still is) so to say it wasn't published by the club is laughable. The IT guy has admitted he's done 20 names. If he's using Unix/Linux he obviously hasn't heard of the basic command 'chmod'  ::). Not the first time either the public have been able to access info on the RFC site before its release date.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 06:02:05 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »
Is the club trying to claim that Conca page was hacked? Sure it wasn't officially published but it was still publicly accessible (and the url with his name still is) so to say it wasn't published by the club is laughable. The IT guy has admitted he's done 20 names. If he's using Unix/Linux he obviously hasn't heard of the basic command 'chmod'  ::). Not the first time either the public have been able to access info on the RFC site before it's release date.

Which means our entire draft is potentially compromised.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »
That RFC stooge over on PRE (and how come we dont have one?) is saying it wasnt the club's fault; it was the HUN's fault.  Sounds like we have ourselves another oswald.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »
Which means our entire draft is potentially compromised.
Given the eveness of the draft it won't surprise me if most of those names don't end up at Punt Rd.

As for Conca there's word going around that with the top 10 being counted down backwards the AFL wanted to know the order beforehand so they could fly up the top kids to the Gold Coast so they were present when their names are called out and presented on stage.