Author Topic: Why Does Our Club Leak Like A effing Sieve (sp)  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Why Does Our Club Leak Like A effing Sieve (sp)
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »
Dont get me started about the RFC the Titantic ::)
OK

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 01:28:51 PM »
Why are Richmond "supporters" on a footy forum having a go at the club for leaking like a sieve when everytime something happens around the club or players, SOMEONE FROM A FOOTY FORUM SPILLS THE BEANS?

Take some responsibility yourselves and stop blaming the club for your own issues.

Have a close look and see if that really is you in the mirror.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »
the conca to richmond rumour was not leaked by the tigers but by the afls shifter sheehan, conca had to be at the gold coast to be handed his jumper in the 10-1 countdown, liuckily for us it was too late for the other clubs to change their priorities

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
the conca to richmond rumour was not leaked by the tigers but by the afls shifter sheehan, conca had to be at the gold coast to be handed his jumper in the 10-1 countdown, liuckily for us it was too late for the other clubs to change their priorities

So Blaisee are you saying that this could have been a deliberate move by the club to keep him under wraps or to at least keep those after us guessing as to who we were really going to pick? If so, a masterstroke indeed. Anything that Effs the bombers up in my book is a good thing!  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 06:23:27 PM »
FJ decided early in the year conca was going to be our no1 pick.

6 months later, a couple of the days before the draft his name is associated with Richmond, around the time it leaked that Brisbane were going to take polec, who most believed that we were going to take ( This probably got people digging a bit deeper into who we were after)

On the day of the draft an IT stuffup allowed an article about him to be posted on the RFC website, which was one of many pages pre prepared for quick publishing,This was after the rumour ( subsequently proven to be true) got around that conca had to be flown to the gold coast for the draft thus indicating he was to be top 10 )

That's a long time to wait for your peas to strain.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »
Jackson has put a lot of faith in this kid and possibly his reputation also. With more fancied types going to clubs after us, FJ has a lot to lose on this one. In saying that, after viewing all of Reece's footage so far, I think he is on a good thing, especially if Heppell does become crippled by his rumored weak groin.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 10:27:32 AM »
Jackson has put a lot of faith in this kid and possibly his reputation also. With more fancied types going to clubs after us, FJ has a lot to lose on this one. In saying that, after viewing all of Reece's footage so far, I think he is on a good thing, especially if Heppell does become crippled by his rumored weak groin.

I agree I think he has well and truly put his reputation on the table.  Considering some of our more fancied and publicised stuff ups in the past you would be sorely tempted in his position to go with the safe and maybe popular option.

However on the other hand full marks to FJ for obviously selecting talent that he believes will be the best and not bowing to public perception of who should be taken.

tony_montana

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »

I agree I think he has well and truly put his reputation on the table.  Considering some of our more fancied and publicised stuff ups in the past you would be sorely tempted in his position to go with the safe and maybe popular option.

However on the other hand full marks to FJ for obviously selecting talent that he believes will be the best and not bowing to public perception of who should be taken.

Similar to collingwood rating Thomas a lot higher than most/all other clubs when they drafted him at 2 or 3(cant remember), in hindsight they are vindicated in their selection as he's matured into a quality big game player who will only get better

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2010, 02:16:32 PM »
if this pick buggers up, then his ass may be out to dry, but that's the nature of the game.
As some people have said, I admire him for sticking to his guns and not bowing to popular sentiment.
I reckon it will work out for us.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »
I've a strong suspicion that other draftees will turn out to be better footballers. The question is though which ones?
I'm sure someone described Conca as very good in all aspects, but excelling in none.

In some sense, he may very well be the safe pick as his likleyhood of actually making the grade is probably better than many, even if he is likely to be a good honest footballer rather than an out and out superstar
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerTimTam

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
Why are Richmond "supporters" on a footy forum having a go at the club for leaking like a sieve when everytime something happens around the club or players, SOMEONE FROM A FOOTY FORUM SPILLS THE BEANS?

Take some responsibility yourselves and stop blaming the club for your own issues.

Have a close look and see if that really is you in the mirror.

I can hear what you are saying. But is this just a reflection of the modern world we live in. Where it is harder to hide all sides of the story. Question - Is spilling the beans a bad thing? Maybe Hollywood was right some people just cant handle the truth.