Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 751077 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5805 on: August 19, 2022, 06:31:36 PM »
Yeah, no one cares about the most senior political positions in the country being appointed in secret by the PM to himself in cohorts with the GG that even the cabinet and especially the ministers themselves didn't know about it. Not surprised by Morrison's behaviour as he's a known lying fraud and his media conference the other day was a trainwreck claiming he didn't want to make Joshy and co. feel insecure by telling them :lol. However, the GG's position should be untenable now. Once Morrison didn't make public his initial ministerial appointments in March 2022, why did the GG allow Morrison even more secret appointments later on? Every appointment also requires the GG to inform the Queen so how much did the monarch know about this if at all?

All up this just destroys any notion the current "constitutional monarchy" is a "safe" system. Just another reason why we should have our own head of state rather than a useless foreign monarchy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5806 on: August 19, 2022, 07:48:45 PM »
Proud to say I read the first 3 words of your post, realised it would be a bunch of poo as usual and then stopped reading

Once again, what does crapping on about it do for the real problems people are facing in our country right now?

Have a good night MT
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5807 on: August 19, 2022, 08:34:03 PM »
Inflations getting out of control, interest rates going up, supermarket staples going through the roof, poverty is going to spike in Australia. Feel really sorry for pensioners, the disabled who cant get jobs, those people will get left behind in these cost of living price increases.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5808 on: August 19, 2022, 09:18:47 PM »
Inflations getting out of control, interest rates going up, supermarket staples going through the roof, poverty is going to spike in Australia. Feel really sorry for pensioners, the disabled who cant get jobs, those people will get left behind in these cost of living price increases.

:lol :lol :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5809 on: August 19, 2022, 11:59:38 PM »
You need to get a grip on reality and start caring about issues that actually matter, champ

why bother mate. 65 sits on a rocking chair and i have my doubts he even goes for the tigers. Laughable how we are supposed to care about another lying politician that has cost us nothing from a financial or social aspect, unlike many other examples.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5810 on: August 20, 2022, 12:05:07 AM »
Well said. Probably time to put him on the ignore list but some of his ramblings and ABC links are hilarious
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5811 on: August 20, 2022, 07:06:25 AM »
Proud to say I read the first 3 words of your post, realised it would be a bunch of poo as usual and then stopped reading

Once again, what does crapping on about it do for the real problems people are facing in our country right now?

Have a good night MT
What is "poo" is anyone believing real problems can be solved via poor governance and abusing democratic constitutional conventions. That doesn't even stack up at footy clubs (hello Essendon :snidegrin ) let alone within national governments. Rather "real problems" often occur via such abuse.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5812 on: August 25, 2022, 02:42:44 PM »
nothing on the state of our health system though in these threads. :shh

Andy would have some stories and i have a personal story, yet we are supposed to give a stuff about a lying EX politician that has affected no one except MT, 65 and a bunch of other leftys. You blokes make me laugh.

i see that albanese is organising enquiries all over the place. The latest on Botox.  Is he going to do one on the state  governments handling of covid  :shh :shh perhaps after the Botox Enquiry when everyone has forgot. What a fool.

https://www.theage.com.au/

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5813 on: August 25, 2022, 03:53:59 PM »

Andy would have some stories and i have a personal story, yet we are supposed to give a stuff about a lying EX politician that has affected no one except MT, 65 and a bunch of other leftys. You blokes make me laugh.

i see that albanese is organising enquiries all over the place. The latest on Botox.  Is he going to do one on the state  governments handling of covid  :shh :shh perhaps after the Botox Enquiry when everyone has forgot. What a fool.

Oh I have loads of stories.

Fact is that the labor government is spending more money on health than Davis ever did and I have seen that first hand, including my wage increase of 10% a few years ago to bring Vic nurses up to national standard, the new ICU at my hospital and the proposed redevelopment as well which will include new operating theatres and a new ward.

Our pay raises have always come under labor. Under the Libs we were repeatedly taking 2.5%/year, below inflation, as a sacrifice to protect our nurse:patient ratios - which Dan Andrews had thankfully enshrined in legislation now so they are off the negotiation table every time our EBA is up. For those of you that don't know it, nurse:patient ratios are clearly linked by evidence to mortality and morbidity rates. The libs did nothing but rip off public workers and threaten to endanger patients, so we took crappy 'pay rises' to protect society. The 10% raise I got a few years ago only covered the prior decade of sub-inflation increases that made my wage drop in value every year.

Health system has been stuffed for years, nay decades, and only the labor party seems to ever spend any money on it.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5814 on: August 25, 2022, 08:57:14 PM »

Oh I have loads of stories.

Fact is that the labor government is spending more money on health than Davis ever did and I have seen that first hand, including my wage increase of 10% a few years ago to bring Vic nurses up to national standard, the new ICU at my hospital and the proposed redevelopment as well which will include new operating theatres and a new ward.

Our pay raises have always come under labor. Under the Libs we were repeatedly taking 2.5%/year, below inflation, as a sacrifice to protect our nurse:patient ratios - which Dan Andrews had thankfully enshrined in legislation now so they are off the negotiation table every time our EBA is up. For those of you that don't know it, nurse:patient ratios are clearly linked by evidence to mortality and morbidity rates. The libs did nothing but rip off public workers and threaten to endanger patients, so we took crappy 'pay rises' to protect society. The 10% raise I got a few years ago only covered the prior decade of sub-inflation increases that made my wage drop in value every year.

Health system has been stuffed for years, nay decades, and only the labor party seems to ever spend any money on it.

who is Davis mate? Never heard of him/her. If it’s Katherine Davies, i've def heard of her. Fantastic sort.

That sucks mate though your wages are not what i am talking about. Many industries suffer due to incompetence. How about small businesses?

Facts are this. Andrews has been in power for how many years, as has the libs federally and so why is the system so broken all the time? Who pays your wages over the last 20 years? Is it soley scomos fault there are hospital beds in make shift tents outside hospitals? Why are the waiting lists so long that people are dying without care.

Lastly, and most importantly why isn't there a royal commission into the handling of covid especially from Victoria?

These issues are more important than Scomo and his 5 portfolios , or botox surgery. That is my point. Where is the outcry for the health sector/small businesses. Where is the Royal Commission?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5815 on: August 25, 2022, 09:20:45 PM »
I think Andy was talking about David Davis, opposition Treasurer in Victoria. Think he might have held the Health portfolio under the Napthine state government
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5816 on: August 25, 2022, 09:31:31 PM »
I think Andy was talking about David Davis, opposition Treasurer in Victoria. Think he might have held the Health portfolio under the Napthine state government

The dud that was in for 2 years? Surely there is another Davies as I never heard of this one. Zero relevance.

Tell you what the fool albonese could do alongside a Rc into the states handling of covid, lodge one into the NDIS program. Reckon you will find some things that no one wants to see.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5817 on: August 25, 2022, 10:20:27 PM »
who is Davis mate? Never heard of him/her. If it’s Katherine Davies, i've def heard of her. Fantastic sort.

That sucks mate though your wages are not what i am talking about. Many industries suffer due to incompetence. How about small businesses?

Facts are this. Andrews has been in power for how many years, as has the libs federally and so why is the system so broken all the time? Who pays your wages over the last 20 years? Is it soley scomos fault there are hospital beds in make shift tents outside hospitals? Why are the waiting lists so long that people are dying without care.

Lastly, and most importantly why isn't there a royal commission into the handling of covid especially from Victoria?

These issues are more important than Scomo and his 5 portfolios , or botox surgery. That is my point. Where is the outcry for the health sector/small businesses. Where is the Royal Commission?

Minister for health for 4 years I think it was. I know he was the minister during our last dirty EBA negotiations with industrial action. Piece of crap he was. Nothing but cuts cuts cuts to the health industry.

As for Andrews, not saying he is perfect, but you asked about the health industry and I am just stating that first hand he has moved mountains for the health industry compared to the previous state liberal government and I have given you a few tangible examples of the increased funding, evidence-based safety legislation and developments he has directly overseen to support that point. You are welcome to come and see them - in fact I'm even happy to give you a tour of what the Andrews government has delivered.

I've never said Scomo has anything to do with the tents personally. Those tents were erected to increase the capacity of our emergency departments but have actually seen minimal use. Yes, you'll see the odd article by someone who was treated in there and complained, but from my own experience, including brief periods acting as the associate program director responsible for the emergency department at my hospital in the eastern suburbs, they have seen limited if not completely negligible use - there simply isn't enough staff to manage them and our ED's are currently operating sometimes with just over half of the mandated nurse:patient ratios I discussed in my previous post. This is not isolated to my organisation. People have simply tapped out - retired, reduced their hours, moved further out or gone to cushier jobs in the wake of the pandemic. And I don't blame them. It's been on my own mind for a long time now.

Regarding the royal commission, I don't mind if there is one myself. There were some very questionable decisions made. Despite this what I would have liked to see is some FEDERAL leadership on the pandemic. Scomo basically washed his hands and left it to the states to manage as they saw fit, then criticised labor state governments for outbreaks whilst funnelling disproportionate amounts of vaccines to liberal states.

I've said before the health sector usually runs at or above 100% capacity in 'normal circumstances' but this appears to be our new normal and I don't see it improving for YEARS. I've been keeping an eye out for jobs that at least pay close to what I'm earning now and aren't in the industry but unfortunately I've gone just high enough up the public ladder for it to be a significant financial loss to leave and we have 4 kids at home :(

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5818 on: September 05, 2022, 05:26:39 PM »
Latest NewsPoll has the Federal Govt 57 to 43 on two party preferred.
Is Dutton a dead man walking?

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5819 on: September 05, 2022, 06:11:39 PM »
Dutton hasn’t put a foot wrong in fact he’s done well but so has Albo .. so it’s a nil all draw