Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766697 times)

No More

Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #3300 on: September 04, 2015, 11:03:02 PM »
What I wrote is the truth and deep down you all know it. Australia depends on mining exports to a large degree we are paying the price for the wasted years under Rudd and Gillard who wasted Australia's best economic opportunity in decades.  ;D
[/b]

Created by the Howard govt right? Coz the Herald Sun said so  ::)

No

I am fair to all. Hawke and Keating made some substantial and excellent micro and macro economic reforms which laid a substantial foundation. This was then built upon by Howard and Costello who left Australia with no debt and a significant future fund amongst other things. This was then wrecked by the profligate labor governments that followed. That's all.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3301 on: September 05, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
Our esteemed leader is an expert on genocide and world wars?

Fantastic
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3302 on: September 06, 2015, 06:18:11 AM »
What I wrote is the truth and deep down you all know it. Australia depends on mining exports to a large degree we are paying the price for the wasted years under Rudd and Gillard who wasted Australia's best economic opportunity in decades.  ;D
[/b]

No

I am fair to all. Hawke and Keating made some substantial and excellent micro and macro economic reforms which laid a substantial foundation. This was then built upon by Howard and Costello who left Australia with no debt and a significant future fund amongst other things. This was then wrecked by the profligate labor governments that followed. That's all.

Yet an IMF study found that Howard government spending was far more reckless than Gillard and Rudd

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/hey-big-spender-howard-the-king-of-the-loose-purse-strings-20130110-2cj32.html

But why think for yourself when people can rely on unsubstantiated right wing media consensus.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3303 on: September 06, 2015, 08:49:30 AM »
As opposed to Fairfax/ABC.     :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3304 on: September 06, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »
As opposed to Fairfax/ABC.     :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

IMF vs herald sun/Fox news. I wonder who to listen to on global economics  ::)
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

No More

« Reply #3305 on: September 08, 2015, 09:20:19 AM »
[/b]

No

Yet an IMF study found that Howard government spending was far more reckless than Gillard and Rudd

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/hey-big-spender-howard-the-king-of-the-loose-purse-strings-20130110-2cj32.html

But why think for yourself when people can rely on unsubstantiated right wing media consensus.

Howard and Costello were allowed to spend money because they had it to spend. Australia had no public debt. The ALP stuffed Australia with there profligate spending. Money they didn't have on crap schemes and the rest. Bring Back Little Johnny!  ;D

dwaino

« Reply #3306 on: September 08, 2015, 10:27:16 AM »
With the dollar back to the export attractive ~0.70 we will be able to fall back on cars and other manufacturing... Oh wait. Let's hope we can even produce steel in 10 years. The quarter of a million jobs peed out the door by wingnut and fatarse that kept money in the country will have to compete with tens of thousands of more displaced people (because winning an opinion poll is more important than the brutal truth that we just can't afford them) and unqualified Chinese workers getting paid in fortune cookies. At least the fat cats at the top get their kick backs. What an absolute joke of what is meant to be a right wing government. As the country plummets into recession (keeping in mind that we avoided the last one despite the rest of the world copping it) I'm sure the Abbott sycophants and pole strokers will come peddling the same old dribble that didn't fly when the last government was in.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3307 on: September 08, 2015, 10:33:33 AM »
With the dollar back to the export attractive ~0.70 we will be able to fall back on cars and other manufacturing... Oh wait

dont worry

the chinese will have may good jobs in australia before long
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3308 on: September 10, 2015, 12:30:31 PM »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3309 on: September 10, 2015, 12:47:44 PM »
Gotta love Leigh Sales

:snidegrin

Sales asked: "When Labor left office, unemployment was 5.8 per cent; it's now 6.3 per cent. Growth was 2.5 per cent; it's now 2 per cent. The Australian dollar was 92 cents; it's now around 70 cents. The budget deficit was $30 billion when you took office and now it's $48 billion. How do you explain to the Australian people that you were elected promising, in your words, to fix the budget emergency, yet in fact, Australia's economic position has worsened under your leadership?"

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/730-host-leigh-sales-faces-off-with-tony-abbott-over-his-leadership-20150910-gjj1xl.html#ixzz3lIfUrK7P
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

dwaino

« Reply #3310 on: September 10, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »
You can cop 0.70USD if there was investment in manufacturing though. 0.70-0.80 is attractive because it doesn't blow out import costs and it's attractive enough for export. Except the government was so short sighted that they assumed the price of resources and the dollar was going to stay high. Soon we won't be exporting the tens of thousands of vehicles anymore, the government won't be claiming any of the income tax it does from manufacturing locally and due to the free trade agreements and whatever other deals that are going on we won't be claiming the tariffs. By the time we import manufactured goods at a mark up we will be paying more for the steel we originally sold to make it.

We have just recently been sub contracted by another company again to fill out a massive order of alternators for the Aussie defense force which apparently the U.S. are also buying. Last time we did these was 7 years ago. Unfortunately a few hundred alternators aren't going to pour the millions into the economy but it goes to show how short sighted the government was. They manufactured a budget crisis to win an election then used it as an excuse to make drastic cuts in hope it would fill the coffers. However had they stayed the course, sucked it up for another 12 months as the U.S. strengthens and China's rapid growth begins to stall, we could have been looking down the barrel of another manufacturing and export boom.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3311 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:32 AM »
Seems the jungle drums within the LNP are beating again to bring down Abbott.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3312 on: September 13, 2015, 02:30:48 PM »
Seems the jungle drums within the LNP are beating again to bring down Abbott.

FRONTBENCH plotters pushing for Malcolm Turnbull’s return to the leadership have declared a challenge inevitable as a new poll predicts the Prime Minister faces a savage 10 per cent swing in the Canning by-election.

As Liberal MPs prepare to return to Canberra, some ministers have even refused to rule out a revolt this week, before the WA by-election.

A senior Liberal MP said: “The Prime Minister’s future is done and dusted. Malcolm is the solution. The bottom line is it cannot go on.’’

Mr Abbott faces a swing of up to 10 per cent in the Canning by-election, according to a new Galaxy poll commissioned by the Sunday Herald Sun.

http://www.news.com.au/national/leadership-challenge-against-pm-tony-abbott-by-malcolm-turnbull-inevitable-liberal-mps-say/story-e6frfkp9-1227524614083
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #3313 on: September 13, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
If LNP change leadership I hope they completely sweep the front bench and even encourage some others to move on completely. I'm actually a big fan of Bishop as I think she has bigger balls than any of them and the way she identifies with the common public by how she conducts herself on FM radio and TV is fantastic. I'm not strictly any side or go for anyone but if I had to say I'd probably be economic left and social right so Turnball would be right up my alley but I don't think that would sit well with the more rusted on conservative right.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3314 on: September 14, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »
Don't expect Abbott to go quietly.

Only sorry I am half a world away.

And in the middle of a tropical storm.