Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 775596 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #6315 on: October 19, 2023, 01:15:47 AM »
Who cares who goes outside of Albo

Focus on him first and worry about the rest later

#keepwalkingalbo
#timesupmustgo

Facts. Position is untenable now.

Apartheid albo and his try hard bob Hawke voice must go now.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6316 on: October 21, 2023, 07:44:29 AM »

By the way NT seats overwhelming no vote.

True the overall territory voted no and that's clear

However,  interesting as the mobile booth figures have come into today and they are the booths in the remote indigenous communities the figue is around 70%-75% Yes. So that gives some credence to the Yes side's comments that around 80% of indigenous Australians were in favour of the voice. Will be just as interesting to see the numbers from WA and remote Qld

The by electorate numbers are fascinating too. My electorate which is ALP heartland came in at 55%+ Yes. But the electorate next door also ALP heartland came in around 55% No.

What I've taken away from the result is 2 things.

1/ Fear is a powerful tool when used by politicians on either side. Couple fear with just the slightest bit of ignorance (talking about people's lack of knowledge around our constitution here and nothing else) then the mood for change or the want for change will be extinguished

So Frankie I tip my lid to you and say you were right. This referendum was always about politics and ultimately which politicians sold their message best. Still stand by my belief it should never have been like that but this one certainly was

2/ and this is the final time I will mention it but people need to understand our constitution. How it came into being, how it's changed with the various sucessful referendums previously. People need to understand What is in it and how it works. Weve had 45 referendums now and 8 have passed.

IMHO it should be taught in schools. Some of the mistruths (most would say lies) that have been spruiked during the campaigns I found disgusting to be honest because it played on people's fears and it shouldn't have been like that.

The result is what it is. One thing Albo did say last night that was right we are lucky that we get to vote on these sort of issues/proposals. So many other countries don't and I for one am so grateful we do.

Personally I don't see the result of the referendum having any impact on Albo or election.

We were asked to vote on something and we did.

Doesn't mean heads need to roll?

Agree Andyy,

Menzies had a few failed referendums during his PMship and it didn't hurt him

Seriously taught in schools?  Clearly you don't have kids in schools these days? They teach enough in history amongst other garbage and it's no wonder the education system in this country is failing kids

Anyway to your point

Almost 35,000 of the 80,000 registered voters in Lingiari – the seat with the highest proportion of Aboriginal residents in the country – didn’t bother to cast a ballot.

This would fit with the sentiment expressed by many Aboriginal people in remote communities I spoke to during the referendum campaign who either knew little about the Voice proposal or had little enthusiasm for it.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/matt-cunningham-opinion-voice-result-a-concern-for-territory-labor/news-story/9859f0bd1433421978b2d5a0460737de

WP I also said it was pushed by the white man this referendum, and I was proven right. Look at the areas who supported the voice and I'm in the one of those. I would argue it's the yes voters who don't understand what aboriginals want or need want not the other way around.. money could have helped them in other ways.

Did people honestly think seeing yes planted on qf planes by that tiprat  Joyce and dudbonese would convince people to vote yes? Even u must admit that was laughable.

As a side note I was in Darwin for a day this week for work. I couldn't help myself but I did speak to a few blokes in that disgusting mall up there, who asked me for $2 or smokes and they couldn't gaf about it.

It was only 2 guys, but I did wonder if I spoke to 100 what the answer would be.  :shh I think we know assuming the contents of this  article is accurate.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6317 on: October 26, 2023, 10:58:53 AM »
Really, what type of a person have we got for a PM, he seems to be more a political activist pursuing his own agenda than actually a PM serving the nation

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/true-colours-anthony-albaneses-past-appearances-at-propalestine-rallies-laid-bare-in-resurfaced-protest-video/news-story/5e34fccbbd39b8f559bf3e4b036030a4

Archive footage has resurfaced of Prime Minister Anthony Albanese passionately condemning Israel’s “occupation” of Palestine while attending a protest.

Resurfaced news footage has revealed Anthony Albanese’s past appearances at pro-Palestine rallies earlier in his parliamentary career.

Sky News Australia host Sharri Markson revealed the clip on Wednesday evening while covering the Prime Minister’s state visit to the United States to visit President Joe Biden.   

“Albanese has over his entire Parliamentary career spoken out against Israel and in support of Palestinians,” she said before cutting to the resurfaced footage.

In the grainy video, Mr Albanese can be seen protesting against Israel’s “occupation” of Palestine in Sydney’s Martin Place next to a sign reading “Stop the Israeli Slaughter: Free Palestine now”.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6318 on: October 26, 2023, 11:46:08 AM »
So he's against the Israeli occupation.

But as PM he acknowledges our alliance with Israel and supports them on behalf of the country, even though it may be against his personal beliefs.

What's the problem with that?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6319 on: October 26, 2023, 12:04:21 PM »
If he supports the free Palestine Movement then that means he then opposes the existence of Israel

He is a political activist playing at PM

#Albomustgo

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6320 on: October 26, 2023, 12:36:48 PM »
If he supports the free Palestine Movement then that means he then opposes the existence of Israel

#Albomustgo

Very narrow of you.

Can't he support Palestine given their oppression but hope for a peaceful, two state resolution?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6321 on: October 26, 2023, 01:46:36 PM »

#Albomustgo

Very narrow of you.

Can't he support Palestine given their oppression but hope for a peaceful, two state resolution?

The free Palestine movement doesnt support a two state resolution

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6322 on: October 26, 2023, 01:58:26 PM »

#Albomustgo

Very narrow of you.

The free Palestine movement doesnt support a two state resolution

'free Palestine now' is a phrase and is not the same as the Free Palestine Movement, an armed militant group.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6323 on: October 26, 2023, 02:51:33 PM »
sounds similar

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6324 on: October 26, 2023, 02:56:49 PM »
If it wasn't clear before, it is now

Albo must go. Has to go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6325 on: October 26, 2023, 03:03:01 PM »
If it wasn't clear before, it is now

Albo must go. Has to go

Gets clearer by the day

Must go

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6326 on: October 26, 2023, 07:01:35 PM »
The Israeli ambassador yesterday praised Albanese & the Federal Government's response. But those here who post and parrot whatever the media (especially Sky News) feeds them without question :shh, think the media's hysterical & clueless LNP sycophants know more than the Israeli ambassador does :lol.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6327 on: October 26, 2023, 07:12:38 PM »
The Israeli ambassador yesterday praised Albanese & the Federal Government's response. But those here who post and parrot whatever the media (especially Sky News) feeds them without question :shh, think the media's hysterical & clueless LNP sycophants know more than the Israeli ambassador does :lol.

Yep.

They don't want the facts to get in the way of a good Murdoch story.

Brainwashed by the propaganda and so addicted to the rhetoric with posts so unintelligent you could replace them with a child's toy. Just push the button to hear the one liner.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6328 on: October 26, 2023, 08:29:24 PM »
Australia is waking up to the type of person Albo is

With the shellacking after the last election all Labor had to do was provide a leader who could keep his nose clean.

It is clear #Albomustgo

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6329 on: October 26, 2023, 08:43:18 PM »
He is failing our people, has broken promises and is doing nothing but cause angst and bitterness amongst all.

Must go
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"