Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2011  (Read 97695 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Non-Richmond games 2011
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2011, 06:49:57 PM »
Collingwood had a field day on kangaroo's big day.
7.14 56 to 21.17 143
Got to love that shinboner spirit  :rollin

I also loved how North claimed some moral victory being able to wear their traditional jumper against Collingwood yet were wearing away white shorts  :wallywink.

The Eagles knocked off Port at AAMI to go 2-0. Port and Brisbane look like fighting over the spoon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »
Gold Coast welcome to the AFL :yep. What a nightmare start for them. Just too many youngsters and they aren't jelled as a team like Carlton is. This could end up a 150 point flogging if things don't change.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2011, 09:09:15 PM »
There were people at work who actually thought the Suns would win!!

They're going to improve but they'd have to be $1.01 favourites for the spoon after this. I'd whack $50 on them to go 0-22 for the season.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
Guy McKenna is still sitting in coaches box almost half an hour after the end of the game. The whole GC coaching staff look shellshocked.

They've got some decent kids. Matera was probably the best of them. Bennell and Toy (when he came on late) showed good skills and Swallow forgetting even tonight will be good. Zac Smith tried hard in the ruck and showed glimpses against more experienced Warnock and Hampson. However Sep Tape won't last long though with those poor footskills in the backline.

I'd reckon McKenna will be most ticked off with some of the senior uncontracted players they got - Brennan and Fraser proved they are unreliable soft spuds; Krakouer showed why he couldn't get a game even in a bottom 4 Port side last year; while Harbrow looked a shadow of his former self and based on tonight you could argue he clearly was made to look good last year as an outside receiving defender by the hard ballwinning doggie players around him feeding him the footy.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2011, 12:55:08 AM »
been out all night watching a reply of the last qtr. Daniel Harris got a nice goal from the side line from the ball up when Ablett falsely tried to claim a mark.
Gold Coast are getting pumped please tell me they showed abit in the first qtr?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:25:41 AM by tiger101 »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2011, 06:33:12 AM »
been out all night watching a reply of the last qtr. Daniel Harris got a nice goal from the side line just about at the 20 minute mark from the ball up from when Ablett falsely tried to claim a mark.
Gold Coast are getting pumped please tell me they showed abit in the first qtr?

Blues kicked 9 goals to 1 in the first quarter so the rout started from the first bounce. GC put up some fight in the first 15 minutes of both the 2nd and 3rd quarters where they at least were competitive for a short while but then they feel to bits once again.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
GWS are quite lucky getting to see how the new side go a year before they come in.

They might have a re-think about how they go about putting a team together.

GC17 getting guys like Brown, Brennan, Krakouer and Fraser was a mistake. GWS might go for a young guy that was a high pick put can't get a game (Grigg) instead of washed up hacks.

They might even trade away some high picks for players as well. For example, use pick 1 and 2, trade 3, use 5, trade 7 and 9??

:lol I wonder what Dimwitriou thought watching last night, sitting in bed in his GC Suns pyjamas under his GC Suns bed spreads.  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
:lol I wonder what Dimwitriou thought watching last night, sitting in bed in his GC Suns pyjamas under his GC Suns bed spreads.  :lol
:lol

I would reckon Andy D would be thinking what has McKenna and the coaching staff been doing all summer lol. Mind you that sort of flogging  in round 1 isn't unfamiliar to us. In 2006 the Doggies pumped us by 20 goals  :P.

There could be another 100-point flogging today as the doggies are already 34 - 2 up on the Lions in the first quarter.

On the other game last night, it looks like Freo could be their usual one year wonders (2010) before flopping again the following year. Lost at home to Geelong after just getting over a injury-riddled Brisbane. Not great form and signs from a side most experts had easily making the top 8.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »
Western Bulldogs got a nice win over the lions no surprise though.
19.9 123
6.9 45

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »
Swans and Bombers level midway through the last quarter. it could be another draw  :o.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »
Bummers lost :thumbsup
That'll shut up their arrogant bandwagon-jumping masses for a week.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »
23 points up and lose = choke! What a shame Jimmy  :lol.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2011, 08:39:20 PM »
Another top weekedn tipping wise another 6  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
23 points up and lose = choke! What a shame Jimmy  :lol.

March champs  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2011, 09:24:08 PM »
NORTH Melbourne skipper Brent Harvey has launched an astonishing critique of the club’s middle tier players,

Harvey brutally honest in his assessment of an abject display.

“I think it is more our young guys not toeing the line – the guys between 21-years and 25-years old – Sam Wright, Lachie Hansen – when are they going to step up?” Harvey said.

“It is now, we cannot keep saying potentially we are going to be a decent team in a couple of years. I want it to be right now.

“I am more disappointed with that middle tier group. We will have a chat during the week, and we will look each other in the eye because we are all men.

“I know I am talking about the 21 to 25 year-olds but they are still men.

“You look at guys like Steele Sidebottom, Dayne Beams and these type of guys – they are playing great football in a great team.

Now I know we will most likely be beaten by collingwood. But I think kangaroos dont do them selfs any favours when they blame the younger players for not stepping up publicly. Also to be fair to collingwood there senior players carry alot more of the team then kangaroos senior players like Harvey and Wells.