Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2011  (Read 97687 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Non-Richmond games 2011
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »
From what I've seen GC are a bit better today (compared to last week) at least defensively. It's offensively they are still shocking. There's no options to kick to up the ground nor any run and carry through the midfield. It's really just bomb it long in hope. Campbell Brown will have a couple of visits to the MRP so that's one less senior player next week  :wallywink.

The big surprise is Freo jumping the Crows in Adelaide and kicking the first 5 goals  :o.

I think your confusung Saints and Sydney with the Pies Rolls.

Pies play a better game style to Saints. Its called pressure and they do it well. They score very well too.

Saints play this man behind the ball crap resulting in low scoring games.

Pies are all about pressure pressure pressure. Thats what won them a flag not having 36 players in 5% of the ground.
The Pies have just taken the forward press to another level with their fitness and pressure but it's still pushing numbers up forward of centre into the opposition's defensive side.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
Yes but Daniel, this pressure, pressure pressure is created by having so many players around the contest at all times. When you're kicking in from a behind for instance, they just push everybody down and lock you into your defensive half.Wherever you try to go to clear,left, right, corridor,even if you go short to the boundary, everybody just masses there like iron filings drawn by a magnet.
Watching the Tigers or whoever try to counter it is like watching someone try to negotiate their way through a minefield, and I maintain that it's not attractive to watch. It only looks attractive on tv because they kill you on the rebound and are able to score heavily. The modern game is an abomination, and Adolph and co. need to come up with some credible interchange rules to STOP it. This 3 man and a sub doesn't work, because the game is still clogged up til late in the piece when teams tire. A cap of 80 rotations a game would be better. That's not a huge change to the rules, but it would stop teams like Collingwood expoiting the current loophole in the rules.  

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
Yes but Daniel, this pressure, pressure pressure is created by having so many players around the contest at all times. When you're kicking in from a behind for instance, they just push everybody down and lock you into your defensive half.Wherever you try to go to clear,left, right, corridor,even if you go short to the boundary, everybody just masses there like iron filings drawn by a magnet.
Watching the Tigers or whoever try to counter it is like watching someone try to negotiate their way through a minefield, and I maintain that it's not attractive to watch. It only looks attractive on tv because they kill you on the rebound and are able to score heavily. The modern game is an abomination, and Adolph and co. need to come up with some credible interchange rules to STOP it. This 3 man and a sub doesn't work, because the game is still clogged up til late in the piece when teams tire. A cap of 80 rotations a game would be better. That's not a huge change to the rules, but it would stop teams like Collingwood expoiting the current loophole in the rules.  

They work harder than all clubs. They are fitter, stronger and tackle harder then any club ive seen in the last 12 months. I take your point though.

IMO its an absolute disgrace how a cap was not introduced. I blame KB and his mates who have lost touch with the modern game.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »
Lions leading Demons in the 3rd qtr 57 - 53.
Demons fans won't be happy if they lose to lions.

Tigermonk

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2011, 05:53:33 PM »
Rodan still runs around in circles  ;D Cats raping Port

10 FLAGS

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »
Rodan still runs around in circles  ;D Cats raping Port

Rodan isnt an AFL standard player IMHO - he wasnt at Richmond and he isnt at Port but good luck to him for getting himself AFL contracts and earning a decent living.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »
Bombers giving the saints a touch up. Demon's ended up coming back after there dreadful 1st qtr and beat the lions.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »
Bombers beating the Saints makes last week's draw even harder to take

Gawd how I hate St Kilda
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »
Saints are getting a dose of something called Karma.

The club is a disgrace on and off the field and to be honest was a joy to watch them suffer even if it was the Bombers.

LMAO at those who said the Bombers had a crap list and there were plenty.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
Essendons worst football for the year is yet to come.

But back on topic. How good is it to see the aints fail again !  :laugh:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »
But back on topic. How good is it to see the aints fail again !  :laugh:

Great  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Campbell Brown suspended for 4 weeks
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2011, 05:18:16 PM »
Campbell Brown has copped 4 weeks combined from the MRP for the two hits on Barry Hall and Callan Ward.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/111364/default.aspx

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2011, 06:00:45 PM »
4 weeks combined?

stuff me sideways, it looks like the MRP/tribunual will look after the suns even more than they did for the swans
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2011, 09:44:16 PM »
4 weeks combined?

eff me sideways, it looks like the MRP/tribunual will look after the suns even more than they did for the swans

was thinking the same thing. Reckless, High contact, Behind the play yet he gets that.

What a disgrace and Mcguane gets that. Again we were raped

How protected are they

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
So deliberately elbowing an opponent off the ball AND also charging front on at an opponent with his head over the ball is worth just 4 weeks yet a mistimed bump when the opponent doubles back is worth 3 weeks. What the hell is the MRP thinking there's only a week difference between those two incidents?!  ???

Btw Saints are gone as the belief has gone. Too many times to the well without success eventually catches up with a side mentally.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd