Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2011  (Read 97468 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Non-Richmond games 2011
« Reply #360 on: June 24, 2011, 10:10:23 PM »
am waiting for the EFC to apologise to Matty Knights

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #361 on: June 24, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
Knighter will have a wry smile tonight. Hird has spent most of tonight in the coaches box with his hands covering his face in shock  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #362 on: June 24, 2011, 11:45:40 PM »
But they are top four certainties!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #363 on: June 25, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
Essendon's progress to me is astounding. I'm even watching the replay on Foxtel as it is more enjoyable a second time around. 3 million dollars on a coaching team that will net them no more than 8 wins for the year after they were 5 wins after 8 rounds. Reminds me so much of our 2003 season when we were 6-2 and talking top 4 and finished 7-15 with Frawley gone and a wooden spoon to show for it a season later. When will footy clubs learn??? :lol :rollin :lol

This is where we were in March
Stage 5 Optimism.
With the new pre season comes new hopes new dreams new challenges and quick fix solutions. By January these Bombers will have well and truly had that abhorrent year behind them so the law of averages says a club like the Bombers cannot stay out of the finals for too long in the modern era. Plus Santa brought me a new Essendon polo so that is definentely a good omen isn't it? Geez I can't wait till casual Friday at work and I can wear this collared masterpiece and show my true colours to all those bastards. Plus I have had enough of this cricket bring on the footy I am an Essendon fan yeah yeah yeah. Carn the Bombers.

Pre season Grand Final loses to the reigning premiers can only inflate the hype and when you beat a team of kids and a club in their first AFL season by 139 points in round 6 well the lid is well and truly off.

When Essendon lost to Richmond and Melbourne a month ago we were here.

Stage 6 What the eff/anger2.
Surely we cannot be that bad surely we can't keep
losing the way he have been. After all we managed to coax blokes from the VFL who have failed already in their attempts at AFL football to come back and play AFL football. That in itself is a top 6 job isn't it? The guys we have recruited are really good why do we keep losing? Our coach has good intentions. This is so mind boggling. I just can't fathom as to why we are not winning. We are not poo. With a bit of luck things will change I am sure of that. We are better than a 5-17 side I will tell you that, stuff what anyone says. Its time to fly the flag for the footy club what's the talk back hotline for SEN?

Even last week after the Skataboners from their tin sheds out at the abbatoirs beat them we were here

Stage 8 Embarrassment.  
Realising you have become the butt of jokes from your circle of friends you find a happy medium where you love the game and go to the games
without your friends who conveniently support better sides but on the plus side you have no expectation or any goals. You find the train trip to the G or Dome quite daunting wearing your Essendon polo or trackie jacket that Santa so thoughtfully brought you, as fans from real loser clubs like North , Bulldogs, St Kilda and Hawthorn look at you like a cheshire cat who just ate the cream with a sly grin on their face laughing at your pathetic choice of team. You console yourself with the fact that they have never supported a club that had the pedigree of your team. However your current plight almost makes their annual failure for the last 100 years worth it as they may break their greatest winning margin against you each time you face them.
Devoid of pride and answers you avoid the water cooler at work on Monday as management tend to chew the fat there over the weekends footy results  and your presence there no matter how brief may invoke an anti Bomber rhetoric which will make you look like a real idiot and hold you back from any promotion that you may be in line for. You have stopped sitting with the stigmatised clappers at the ground on match days. Stories of Baby Bombers and losing 1 game for the entire season become as tiresome as Collingwood's 1958 premiership anecdotes. In a last form  of indignity towards you the sweet virginal girl at work with the figure of a model and a pair of t@s hand sculpted from the deepest regions of your fiendish mind who you have fantasized bending over the photocopy machine in that deviant mind of yours, who doesn't even talk to anyone unless she's spoken to overhears a conversation between you and a few workmates on a Monday in the work tea room while she is boiling water for her morning coffee and sifting through the family assorted bikkies in the tin trying to prize out a sought after Scotch Finger from the 60 Granitas nobody wants to eat. Your talking about the weekend footy and all of a sudden she is compelled to tell you she's a Collingwood fan and that 1990 was her favourite year and that years Grand Final was her favourite footy game ever growing up just to rub it in a little further after your Anzac Day loss to the Pies over the weekend. Without a meaningful response and not wanting to seem stupid and rude in case she lets her guard down one Friday night drinks night and hence ruin your chance of a quality root you roll your eyes back in a joking way as if you are ignoring her and you keep your responce to yourself.  Much to your workmates amusement after she retires  to her trusty pod back in the office they fall into sidesplitting laughter whilst your face turns red much like your teams sash on their jumper. Now your a two time loser you follow a crappy team and you ain't getting near this dame come Friday nite drinks no matter how much she's gonna drink. Moral of the story- Even people who you did not think could or would be threatening are making you feel threatened  and are now scoring brownie points against you all because you follow a team that is the laughing stock of the competition.This creates another office problem -Scabbing smokes when you run out is becoming dangerous as somebody who has a spare one may ark up at you and remind you of your place in the football jungle whilst you are still trying to separate the Longbeach/Peter Jackson smokers from the Dunhill, Winfield/ Peter Stuyvesant smokers and you then have to subject yourself to an inferior smoke merely because the person you are asking has no idea on football and you need to fulfill that nicotine urge in your mind that will in turn take away the stress piled on you by these unlikely threatening people.

Now we are here

Stage 9 Rage. Weekend comes around and for the umpteenth time in the last few years its a pivotal game against a much more credentialled and battle hardened team. Win and you have a golden ticket into the finals. Your season is set up and you can pinpoint that game as the defining moment in which you launched your premiership or final 8 thrust. Lose and its mothballs with all the standard soulsearching questions and emotions. Guess what you lose.... badly............Poor skills, poor decison making by players, players playing in a reckless and undisciplined way, coach playing players who should have been dropped weeks ago due to their poor form and committment all make your blood boil after all you have been witness to this for the last 5 or so years. In fact lets be real frank about this you were never in this game either with the margin ballooning to greater proportions at the end of each quarter. However to your credit you keep your dignity and hold all your raging emotions in check until......... a trivial mistake by a player at a point in the game where you have no chance of winning makes you start to brood like Ted Bundy in a sorority house full of brunette haired women parted in the middle. Come the final siren you break the shackles and restraint is a futile exercise as you  start throwing merchandise off your own body down onto the race as the players silently and solemnly trundle in after their awful loss. You continue by throwing your membership at the coach who chose a quick fix solution to see out his contract rather than go the full rebuild and call SEN and all other forms of radio media to express your vitriolic opinion on why your club is crap and mutton dressed up as lamb and how long will this run of crap last. Blah blah blah. You even make it on the news with the terms crisis, failure, disaster and catastrophe describing the story of your clubs shocker of a game with an image of you right in the middle of the screen giving the spray of all sprays and giving the beleagured coach another headache in his herculian task of lifting a side that can't lift.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2011, 05:17:56 AM »
Good old stages 8 & 9 Tucky  :rollin. It'll only get worse for the Bombers when the meet the undefeated Cats  :thumbsup.

Gotta say too, Hirdy looked like a deer in headlights when they were going on their rampage. I'm not sure he actually moved all quarter, maybe we contracted Madam Tussauds to plonk a wax statue in the coaching box tonight.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61941&st=555
For anyone who didn't see the tv coverage in the 2nd quarter this quote is so true  ;D. Hird was so out of his depth he couldn't hide it with the blank stare into emptiness and his hands over his face trying not to look half the time lol. There's a reason why senior coaches now days need to do an apprenticeship at another club or two for a few years rather than just diving in with no experience. Looks like Hirdy last night has just found out why.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #365 on: June 25, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
How much % did they lose last night the poor dears  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #366 on: June 25, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »
How much % did they lose last night the poor dears  :rollin

not enough

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #367 on: June 25, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »
Watson out for 3 weeks (as is Myers) and Lonergan is out for the season. So all will miss our game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/117040/default.aspx

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #368 on: June 25, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »
Knighter will have a wry smile tonight. Hird has spent most of tonight in the coaches box with his hands covering his face in shock  :lol.

Knighter kicking back watching last nights match in the bathroom Essendon paid for  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: June 25, 2011, 10:47:03 PM »

Knighter kicking back watching last nights match in the bathroom Essendon paid for  :lol

haha that is gold.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #370 on: June 25, 2011, 11:10:15 PM »

:thatsgold :ROTFL

Thanks wayne. I needed a good laugh after today's game  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #371 on: June 25, 2011, 11:17:55 PM »
I hope our boys were watching tonight's game between the Swans and Pies and seeing how strong tackles that stick, hard running and quick direct movement of the footy is done rather than the soft crap we played today ::).

Anyway it looks like Sandilands foot problem has returned so that's a big blow for Freo if they lose him again. McPharlin gone too. They only just got over Brisbane at home so their spot in the top 8 is vunerable. It's just too bad we aren't good enough yet to grab it  :P

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #372 on: June 26, 2011, 12:28:24 PM »
That spot in the 8 belongs to Melbourne. If Dimma sticks to his plan like he has said he would then 2013 will be our time to genuinely make the eight.
Looks like internally Essendon might be putting the cue in the rack for 2011 and settling in for a slice of reality followed by a serve of humble pie and then followed up by a desert of sour grapes.
Will be a mega match with us in two weeks for 12th or 13th spot.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: June 26, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »
Eagles got a good win in melb today against carlton 67 -103

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #374 on: June 26, 2011, 04:45:14 PM »
Jamieson injured his knee. Most important bloke in Carltons side. Will struggle to hold Vickery and Riewoldt without him if they fire.
Go Tigers!