Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2011  (Read 97460 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond games 2011
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »
Jamieson injured his knee. Most important bloke in Carltons side. Will struggle to hold Vickery and Riewoldt without him if they fire.

Old saying no judd no carlton. He was well held which ment carlton didnt get his burst from clearances today and that slowed them up.
I agree Jamieson is a big out there defence if where they lack depth IMO.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
If we win the next two games I would be rapt.
Carlscum and Essencrap regardless.
They will be nice and fired up but they were due for a let down after their form of the past few weeks although in hindsight their last quarter against the Swans last week was poor. I'm hoping the poor form continues one more round at least.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
They will be nice and fired up but they were due for a let down after their form of the past few weeks although in hindsight their last quarter against the Swans last week was poor. I'm hoping the poor form continues one more round at least.

lol...In one thread you dropping 8 players and in this thread you would be wrapped to win the next 2 games ??? ??? How do you plan on that if we are fielding half a reserves side that can't even win a game in there own league????

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2011, 09:46:19 PM »

lol...In one thread you dropping 8 players and in this thread you would be wrapped to win the next 2 games ??? ??? How do you plan on that if we are fielding half a reserves side that can't even win a game in there own league????

As a Richmond fan Collingwood Carlton and Essendon games are always the most pleasurable to win regardless of the situation. It is merely coincidental we play Carlton and Essendon in the next two weeks and assuming we win it does not change the status of our season after our loss yesterday.
Still want us to win even if we play more kids and in reality we won't. Its should all be about playing kids and development and if they can't win a game in VFL so what doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered for AFL.
Whether we make eight changes or not I will still support the team over the next two Saturday's I just feel that our finals dream is over and we should be planning for 2012 and beyond after yesterday. If that translates to wins or not so be it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »
Justin Sherman suspended for 4 weeks for racially vilifying a Gold Coast player.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/117220/default.aspx

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #380 on: June 27, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
Justin Sherman suspended for 4 weeks for racially vilifying a Gold Coast player.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/117220/default.aspx

Weak as pee Sherman. Keen to know what he said to a first gamer. What a hero. Hope he gets run straight through.

Should be made an example of, regardless of what he said to come out and read an apology from a sheet of paper is just pathetic.
Go Tigers!

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: July 03, 2011, 02:45:39 PM »
Collingwood are getting looked after pretty well by the umpires in the first qtr. Hopefully hawks can come back and make abit more of a game of it on the score board.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #382 on: July 03, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »
What a great footy weekend. :help
Melbourne who were supposed to be down last week beat us and were down this week and lost by 64 points.
The Cheats pantsed us by over 100.
Essendon who if they got thrashed by Geelong would have at least brought a smile to my face. Nope they beat the previously unbeaten Cats. Jimmy must be so proud.
Pies beat Hawthorn. Collingwood back to the top of the ladder.

The pains of a Richmond supporter. :scream :-\ :sleep :banghead :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #383 on: July 03, 2011, 11:55:25 PM »
What a great footy weekend. :help
Melbourne who were supposed to be down last week beat us and were down this week and lost by 64 points.
The Cheats pantsed us by over 100.
Essendon who if they got thrashed by Geelong would have at least brought a smile to my face. Nope they beat the previously unbeaten Cats. Jimmy must be so proud.
Pies beat Hawthorn. Collingwood back to the top of the ladder.

The pains of a Richmond supporter. :scream :-\ :sleep :banghead :help

All that just tops off a 'great' weekend  :banghead. You know your getting desperate for some footy to cheer you up when you have to rely on North losing or as Tucky says Naught Melb.  :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: July 08, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
Whos tipping west coast tonight or whos tipping Geelong to bounce back after there first loss.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2011, 10:27:51 PM »
Eagles were 40 up in the second and half way through the third its only 10 points the difference with the Cats on the march. Great game of footy. :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »
Eagles by 8 points.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #387 on: July 09, 2011, 06:43:42 AM »
Two straight narrow losses for the Cats after winning 13 straight. Maybe the bubble is bursting although they play the Suns and us next to get back on track.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #388 on: July 09, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »
Two straight narrow losses for the Cats after winning 13 straight. Maybe the bubble is bursting although they play the Suns and us next to get back on track.

they play the Lions next, we have the Suns, although i reckon we'd be more of a show agaisnt the Lions than the Suns as the minute  :lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #389 on: July 09, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
Looks like the Cats might be following their path of 2009, 14 rounds undefeated before losing their first narrowly at the Dome and then losing a second in a row interstate. They may be in resting mode just quietly building their side up and getting them fit for a finals assault against a team that may be performing better than them at the minute and may be perceived as a better side.