Author Topic: Any Father sons to look out for?  (Read 198213 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Father-Sons
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »
 8)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 10:11:51 PM »
This is true. And I might add, It's amazing how easy it is. Some of the info one finds....

For example, did you know GG has a third nipple?

All true.

And did you know that Davey is Jay Schulz' lovechild ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »
why dont you stuff off back to beige you back stabber?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »
Leave the insults out ppl and get back to the topic  ::)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »
Can you do something about this guy? He is stalking me whenever he posts and it gets bloody annoying.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »

Speaking to Craig Lambert today and he tells me one of his four young sons (13 y-o) is already on the RFC radar. :thumbsup

The kid is over-the-moon and will be a guest of the club down the track

I think a couple of years ago there was talk Brisbane were a chance to win out but the way the Lions are a basketcase now and we've got our act together off-field and heading in the right direction on it it's really a no-brainer of a decision.

Wikipedia has him playing 123 games for us and 96 games for the Bears/Lions.
So they would not be able to nominate him for father son anyway.
I remember the talk but after a bit of research i am certain we are the only ones that can lay claim. :)
Cheers for that HMH  :cheers. There was also rumour going around a few years ago that Lambert wouldn't let his kid play for Richmond but obviously that was a load of garbage going by what Bateman said.

Just a question - was Essendon able to nominate one of their father-sons before draft age at age 16 either last or early this year? I remember hearing something it. If so I wonder if Lambert does somehow turn out to be a bit of a gun we could then do the same.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
Has Joel Bowden had any kids? ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »
Has Joel Bowden had any kids? ;D
That would be popular on here ;D

I wonder if Duncan Kellaway has passed on his kicking 'skills' to his offspring  :-X lol.

Btw Richie Tambling's son Tyson is eligible to be one of our father-sons in about 12 years time if he grows up to be a footballer.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »

Speaking to Craig Lambert today and he tells me one of his four young sons (13 y-o) is already on the RFC radar. :thumbsup

I think a couple of years ago there was talk Brisbane were a chance to win out but the way the Lions are a basketcase now and we've got our act together off-field and heading in the right direction on it it's really a no-brainer of a decision.

I remember the talk but after a bit of research i am certain we are the only ones that can lay claim. :)
Cheers for that HMH  :cheers. There was also rumour going around a few years ago that Lambert wouldn't let his kid play for Richmond but obviously that was a load of garbage going by what Bateman said.

Just a question - was Essendon able to nominate one of their father-sons before draft age at age 16 either last or early this year? I remember hearing something it. If so I wonder if Lambert does somehow turn out to be a bit of a gun we could then do the same.
Essendon hasn't been able to list one of their father sons in advance, neither has Melbourne with Viney. What the talk is that rather than having to bid a 1st rounder next year in an uncompromised draft they can trade a relevent pick to GWS to get them to prelist the 16 year old as part of one of their allowances which leaves their pick in next years draft untouched and they don't have to go through the bidding process for father sons.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »

Essendon hasn't been able to list one of their father sons in advance, neither has Melbourne with Viney. What the talk is that rather than having to bid a 1st rounder next year in an uncompromised draft they can trade a relevent pick to GWS to get them to prelist the 16 year old as part of one of their allowances which leaves their pick in next years draft untouched and they don't have to go through the bidding process for father sons.
Cheers Infamy.

Offline foley41

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
3 fleas and a Lambo running around in the future.

I'll drink to that.

:cheers

sounding real good!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »
Sons of Broderick, lambert and Weightman could prove a formidable midfield. Have to be cautious though Tom Roach never made it nor did Raines really. On the other hand Richo was brilliant.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 08:54:47 PM »

Infamy, how can Melbourne say the have signed Viney for 5 years then?? Not having a go just not sure how it works?

Melbourne secures Jack Viney with five-year contract
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jack-viney-commits-to-demons/story-e6frf9jf-1225959360745

gerkin greg

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
For example, did you know GG has a third nipple?

And that's just on my balls

Infamy, how can Melbourne say the have signed Viney for 5 years then?? Not having a go just not sure how it works?

Infamy has it wrong.

Melbourne secured young Viney two years before he is eligible for the draft to eliminate even the remote possibility an imaginative Adelaide might have connived to pinch him under an arrangement via Greater Western Sydney.

In effect, he has been contracted for five years, with a playing contract for the period 2013-15.

He is secure so long as the club is prepared to match the best of any offers from opposition clubs at the 2012 draft.

It will cost Melbourne their first pick.

gerkin greg

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »
And did you know that Davey is Jay Schulz' lovechild ?

Jay Schulz has jumped the shark