Author Topic: Nothing has changed!  (Read 2410 times)

the claw

Re: Nothing has changed!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 11:54:06 PM »
have argued that our season to date has been nothing special but people keep on abusing me for being realistic. what a dogs body of  a game to watch if i didnt barrack for the tiges i would have turned off at q time swearing to never watch footy again.

being honest again and realistic. we have beaten nm injury riddled. ditto bl. ditto ess. ditto freo, drew with a at the time stkilda, got belted by coll and haw  on both the scoreboard and in general and got belted by carlton if not on the scoreboard everywhere else. how well were the dogs going when they blew us away and now this.perhaps now people will focus more on player development that winning. perhaps we can at last focus on those players who are not taking us anywhere in the long term.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 04:47:16 AM »
I've been caught up in all the hype that has happened in the last 4 to 5 rounds, but at the same time, i've been waiting for this young, learning, inexperienced, human tigers side to have a loss like this. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. i love a win just as much as the next tiger army contingent... but poo.... are we better off winning every 2 out of 3 games, and raising the expectations of our ruthless-win-hungry tiger-army supporter group? or are we better to cop a loss, learn from our mistakes which we regularly make, and use it as the ammunition to succeed for the next 2-3 years? We finished higher than expected last year. we will finish higher than expected this year. BUT... we arent close to having a side worthy of entering a finals series that can challenge for the cup. FACT. Im not happy with what happened tonight.... BUT, we have a coach that has injected incredible belief, we have a quality YOUNG side that is taking on the competition and learning from mistakes, and we have one of the best captains in the league (prove me wrong)... every game is a step forward whether it be a win over a top 8 side or a loss to a bottom 8 side. QUIT allowing all the negative's rule what you see and just take note of how far we've come as a team in the last 2 years. I didnt even think we'd be close to beating half the teams we have so far... i hate losing as much as the next tiger fan... but im not about to let it be a smoke over what has been a massive step forward so far as a club this year. We are in a very similar position that melbourne were in last year... on the way up from the bottom... theres every chance we could be in the same position they are now. dont forget how hard it is to make that jump, and dont forget how hard it is to be consistently competitive. regardless.... Our team has the hunger, whether or not we showed it tonight. We need to recognise how far we have come and how far we to go. We wont win every game, we will screw up from time to time, and we will frustrate the poo out of our supporters (like we have done the last 30 odd years). the belief is there, as well as the hunger and passion. Just hang on... we're only a few years off being the side that every tigers fan wants us to be.  :gotigers
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:11:16 PM by one-eyed »

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 07:14:53 AM »
Still a young team so they will be inconsistent
Our best players were all well down tonight except for Foley who ran free
Reality check for some that we aren't there yet, but it's not the end of the world

while Port trained under lights on Thursday Night
We had Jack Riewoldt at the Greyhounds doing promotinal work for his mate"" greg miller "' CEO for the Greyhounds
We had Daniel Jackson out late at the Corner Hotel in Richmond watching a band until after midnight
We had Lids on the footy show, wouldnt have got home till after 12.00.
They flew out early Friday Morning, good preparation. NO
Then we have players this afternoon having afternoon sleeps as they didnt get a good night sleep friday night
Champagne Comedy :cheers

so what they did all that , had nothing to do with how they played

jackson played a pretty good game

the issues were they trained and prepared wrong

and they could not handle a greasy ball in those conditions

they picked the wrong team and structures to play

thats where the problem lies

you r looking for excuses that are way off the mark, cotchin and nahas were our worst players last nite so were they at mens gallery til late also ???

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
This is a development year. We just have to accept that . I agree some players are not up to it. It was a disppointing loss. We need a quality ruckman. But having said that our recruiting in recent times has been good and will pay off. Look at Houli.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
we have been having development years since 1983 ::)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 09:43:43 AM »
In your element again Jacko?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 09:52:42 AM »
In your element again Jacko?

No, am spewing actually
Port PAY for the players to go a extra day early and train under light till 10pm.on Thursday Night
at the same time,We have Jack Riewoldt doing promo work at Sandown Park Greyhounds, Lids on Footy Show and Daniel Jackson seeing his favorite band at the Corner Hotel on thursday night, all 3 would of got home after midnight
WHO DO YOU THINK WINS THE GAME OF FOOTY??
The team that prepared properly to win, thats who.
Mitch Farmer having a sleep and relaxing swim yesterday afternoon, LOL
I aint happy dropping 4 points against a rubbish football club .
As Matty White said in the social club last week, PORT ARE A RABBLE ::)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 10:01:09 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 06:49:48 PM »
Let's also not forget we are a young team that has been up for a while and are the last team to have the bye.

This is some logic there to suggest we might struggle to find the usual zip tonight.

Our players minds and bodies were already on holidays for the bye before they ran out on the ground tonight.

the claw

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 07:20:51 PM »
we have been having development years since 1983 ::)
I dont believe that to be true. In fact i would say we have had few genuine development yrs since 1983.We most certainly have never stuck to a process of building with youth thru the nd with a competent and reasonably well resourced recruiting dept.

We have a process to go thru we all have a damn good idea of how long it will take to go right thru that process, so why throw up crap like that.

Cmon jack your a pretty pragmatic and realistic poster especially when it omes to players surely you know we have never ever really embraced the draft or thrown adequate resources at it.
we are now at this moment doing that give it a chance.
We come from such a low base surely you know it will take time going thru a proper process to turn it around.
with your above statement all you espouse is impatience and you do yourself an injustice.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »
the issues were they trained and prepared wrong

Agree

cotchin and nahas were our worst players last nite

Bullhsit  ::)
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos