Author Topic: Brendon Gale on SEN on 4.20pm  (Read 3730 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brendon Gale on SEN on 4.20pm
« on: September 27, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
Benny Gale with be coming up on SEN sometime after 4pm with David Schwarz and Francis Leech.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:30:10 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brendon Gale on SEN on 4.20pm
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
Benny was on at 4.20pm:

* $8m in total for RFC; $4.7m in extra funding - very important for us. Acknowledged the AFL for their help. Enables us to invest in areas to help ourselves. A number of clubs according to the AFL fall short of min. standards. Benny mentioned membership as an area that translates into funding for onfield. Hard work starts now.

* Historically Richmond has never asked for help from the AFL. However it's critical stage now as how much you spend relates to success. Years of underperformance has lead to us not generating the revenues required. Need to get out of that cycle and this AFL funding helps to do that.

* Predictable and understandable that some people will say some clubs will just be back in the same boat in 4-5 years time. We need to take a step back and think of the collective good and that it's in the game's interests to have financially robust clubs. It's cyclical too - Geelong were almost backrupt 10 years ago; Hawthorn were in financial difficulties 15 years ago; Collingwood too was at one stage struggling financially.

* Our debt is manageable but what it does is restrict you to take prudent business risks that are needed. Like Melbourne, we took things into our hand through the FTF to repay down debt and add finding to the footy dept. and our supporters have been very generous and supportive of the FTF so far and despite the help from the AFL we'll continue on with the FTF.

* Young guys will be back training second-last week of Oct; Older blokes back a couple weeks later. Tucky and Martin left Brownlow at 10pm as they had a running session in the morning. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
How stupid is that .they left the Brownlow for a running session in the morning .they have gone mad at punt road.surely they could of gone for a run in the arvo.what they doing having running sessions anyway ??

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
How stupid is that .they left the Brownlow for a running session in the morning .they have gone mad at punt road.surely they could of gone for a run in the arvo.what they doing having running sessions anyway ??

In the overall scheme of things who cares, what's the big deal  ::)..If this is the best you can do for another cheap shot things are crook aren't they  ;D

Seeing they are on "holidays" they can go running whenever they like

have you ever thought that perhaps they just wanted to get out of the Brownlow early and this is a convenient excuse  ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »

In the overall scheme of things who cares, what's the big deal  ::)..If this is the best you can do for another cheap shot things are crook aren't they  ;D

Seeing they are on "holidays" they can go running whenever they like

have you ever thought that perhaps they just wanted to get out of the Brownlow early and this is a convenient excuse  ;) ;D

Couldn't it be that there just hungry for success and improvement. So there being strict on themselves and sticking to there fitness schedule?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:10:30 PM »
Here's the audio of Gale's interview for those who missed it...

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Richmond-CEO-Brendan-Gale/3139

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »
Maybe they are taking next season seriously. Yes, perhaps going for a run the morning after the Brownlow is a pointless gesture, then again it may be an indication of intent.

But hey, seems to me like a good opportunity to make little of any effort by the boys and make a big noise blowing my own trumpet. Nothing like a few easy points made off someone else's efforts. I mean what have I got to lose really. If they succeed next year then no one will remember my small and bitter words. If they fail ... Well, that's all the better. I'll be able to remind people about what idiots they were and what a hero I am for knowing how stupid they are. I'll be able to say it over and over and over again too.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
Dusty is obviously making sure that everyone knows that he will definitely be coming back to preseason training in good shape this year...  :clapping Tucky could also making a statement. The best thing about this is, rather than players taking their training into their own hands and over doing it (ie Cotch, Connors and Jack a few years back), all off season training is individually designed and montored by the club.

I see this as a great sign of commitment by the players and a public expression of intent.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 08:39:13 PM »
My point is that a few weeks off does them good.the season is way too intense and long

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
My point is that a few weeks off does them good.the season is way too intense and long
If they were playing in the GF they would still be training this week.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
Yeah but there not

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »
I'd prefer our boys being seen going for a run the morning after the brownlow than being seen walking out of the lock up. But hey that's just me.

Besides, they've had nearly 4 weeks off now. That's all I get every year before I start getting bored.

Ox

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
A number of clubs according to the AFL fall short of min. standards.

stuffen arrogant pigdogs.

They rape us of draft picks for years thru whatever means they can and then offer 1 mil a year over four years to stop the bleeding while at the same time appearing the humanitarian of the corporate world.

Scumbags.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »

Well that's out of character.