Author Topic: Jeep - major sponsor [merged]  (Read 16756 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and ???
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »
850k for this year I could handle but probably taking the unders if its 850k for next year as well.

Remember that they are only a co-major sponsor.  If you add their sponsorship to our other co-major sponsor then does it stack up against other clubs with 1 major sponsor?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2011, 07:11:25 AM »
The Jeep sponsorship is worth $850k a year according to the Age.

Shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers, especially the Age article  ;) ;D

If it was written by my mate Ralphy I'd say it was true but the Age  :nope

:rollin
 :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »
850k for this year I could handle but probably taking the unders if its 850k for next year as well.

Remember that they are only a co-major sponsor.  If you add their sponsorship to our other co-major sponsor then does it stack up against other clubs with 1 major sponsor?

It stacks up against most clubs but doesnt stack up against the likes of Collingwood,Essendon and Carlton probably Hawthorn as well. The interstate clubs are in a sphere of there own in terms of sponsorship. IMHO I reckon $850k for a front of jumper sponsorship at RFC is one of the great value sponsorship deals ever made by a company.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2011, 07:39:49 AM »

It stacks up against most clubs but doesnt stack up against the likes of Collingwood,Essendon and Carlton probably Hawthorn as well. The interstate clubs are in a sphere of there own in terms of sponsorship. IMHO I reckon $850k for a front of jumper sponsorship at RFC is one of the great value sponsorship deals ever made by a company.

Those teams all have more because 2 probably 3  of the four can pretty well guarantee a sponsor coverage throughout September while we are on the sidelines. The other is a club with 16 premieships that is still hanging on to the perception of their greatness as a club.  Until w can demonstrate we are back we are nothing but dreaming about that level of sponsorship.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2011, 09:19:53 AM »
For some reason Jacko's pic shows up in Firefox but no IE  ???.

I could say something but I think you all know my thoughts!   ;D ;D
;D

Surely microsoft makes quality stable secure browsers  :whistle  ;)
They do
IE9 is great and even IE8 when in the hacking comps is far harder to crack than browsers like Safari.

I'll back my Linux and Firefox against your Windows and IE all day Inf.

Of course, having already paid for your insecure OS, you could then spend more money on AV software to bring yours up closer to my standard.   ;D
Oh great a Linux snob. I run Windows 7 without antivirus and have done so for 3 years with not a single virus infection.
Also it's a work laptop so I didn't pay a cent. Linux is great for some applications like web servers, virtualisation, etc, but it's not user friendly enough for the client end to ever make a big impact.

As for the sponsorship, I'm pretty confident that the figure is 2.4-2.5 mil and the jounos are getting this wrong by dividing by 3 instead of 2 as the 3rd year is just an option.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:35:27 AM by Infamy »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »

Flagman you ar enot comparing apples with apples (and yes we've spoken about this a few times)

You cannot compare us to Collingwood = unrealistic

Ditto with Hawthorn to a degree - they sold 4 homes games a year to Tassie to ge the $$$

Essendon's deal with Samsung was done when they were a reasonable brand

Carlton get the $$$ because of their favourable FTA coverage

We dont have what these clubs have. Untill we do we cannot expect to compete at that level.

Win games, get a better draw and more FTA tc and will command the bigger $$$$..

If we're going to compare then lets compare against those who we are on par with = Melb, North = our combined co-major deals I believe are better than those clubs so we are on the right track

And BTW look at St Kilda - we've got 5 newbies for 2011 while retaining the majority of our 2010 lot. St Kilda have had no many drop off it's not funny

And BTW as I said earlier don't beleive everything you read in the paper.
The Age is speculatingting (like we are) what the Jeep deal is worth....

and don't just look this as what it's worth in 2011 look at the long term view/implications too  ;) :thumbsup

10 FLAGS

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
We are stuffed as a club if all we've got is to compare ourselves to North Melbourne and Melbourne. It seems to me that a lot of Richmond supporters are just happy to go along as we are not prepared to push for better results from our administration. $850k for front of jumper for Richmond is an absolute disgrace. Others will disagree and that is fair enough and I respect everyones opinion but selling the front of jumper for such a limited amount really devalues us as a club. In effect we sold our major sponsorship for 10 Jeep Cherokees and 4 or 5 Wranglers. I think its a poor result.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 09:38:52 AM »
We are stuffed as a club if all we've got is to compare ourselves to North Melbourne and Melbourne. It seems to me that a lot of Richmond supporters are just happy to go along as we are not prepared to push for better results from our administration. $850k for front of jumper for Richmond is an absolute disgrace. Others will disagree and that is fair enough and I respect everyones opinion but selling the front of jumper for such a limited amount really devalues us as a club. In effect we sold our major sponsorship to 10 Jeep Cherokees and 4 or 5 Wranglers. I think its a poor result.

Flagman you are assuming the $850k a year is the correct number - I don't believe it is  & I will repeat don't believe everything you read in the papers.

I ask you this if our COMBINED jumper sponsors were to total say $1.8-$2.0 mil for this season would you think that is a good deal? Answers has to be ABSOLUTELY and comapred to a number of other clubs we are on par or ahead

2/ At the moment based on where we are at we can only compare ourselves to Melb and say North and what they can generate. Yes we should be aiming to get what the C'woods, Hawthorns & Carltons of this comp are getting but until we start winning games, getting more games on FTA TV then we can get what the market is prepared too pay. And don't forget it is a very crowded market....

gerkin greg

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »
Yeah my info was slightly off, looks like the total value of the jumper (front & back) is worth around 5-6mil for the next 3 years, which is still not bad. But I've also heard it is worth more than that  :-\

10 FLAGS

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
We are stuffed as a club if all we've got is to compare ourselves to North Melbourne and Melbourne. It seems to me that a lot of Richmond supporters are just happy to go along as we are not prepared to push for better results from our administration. $850k for front of jumper for Richmond is an absolute disgrace. Others will disagree and that is fair enough and I respect everyones opinion but selling the front of jumper for such a limited amount really devalues us as a club. In effect we sold our major sponsorship to 10 Jeep Cherokees and 4 or 5 Wranglers. I think its a poor result.

Flagman you are assuming the $850k a year is the correct number - I don't believe it is  & I will repeat don't believe everything you read in the papers.

I ask you this if our COMBINED jumper sponsors were to total say $1.8-$2.0 mil for this season would you think that is a good deal? Answers has to be ABSOLUTELY and comapred to a number of other clubs we are on par or ahead

2/ At the moment based on where we are at we can only compare ourselves to Melb and say North and what they can generate. Yes we should be aiming to get what the C'woods, Hawthorns & Carltons of this comp are getting but until we start winning games, getting more games on FTA TV then we can get what the market is prepared too pay. And don't forget it is a very crowded market....

Yeah my opinion is based on the assumption of the number being $800k or $850k. No I wouldnt think that $1.8 million for the 2 sponsorships combined would be good a result but thats my opinion only. I repeat the day our supporters accept being compared to the rabble that is Norf and Melbourne is the day our club is in real trouble. How is it possible to compare ourselves; with our supporter base and with our membership base and with our facilities in our location be comparable to North or Melbourne - who are the Gypsies of Australian Football.

Im sorry guys but no way will I ever compare my club to that rabble, not today, not tomorrow not in a million years.
As a member of the club I will continue to demand that our club seeks to improve its position on all fronts especially on this issue of sponsorship and finances as well as that of the playing fields.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2011, 10:34:48 AM »
We are stuffed as a club if all we've got is to compare ourselves to North Melbourne and Melbourne. It seems to me that a lot of Richmond supporters are just happy to go along as we are not prepared to push for better results from our administration. $850k for front of jumper for Richmond is an absolute disgrace. Others will disagree and that is fair enough and I respect everyones opinion but selling the front of jumper for such a limited amount really devalues us as a club. In effect we sold our major sponsorship for 10 Jeep Cherokees and 4 or 5 Wranglers. I think its a poor result.

so what are you going to do to help?

10 FLAGS

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »

Besides buying a membership, making contributions to the Jack Dyer Foundation, making contributions to the Fighting Fund, buying merchandise and attending games, what did you want me to do extra?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »

Oh great a Linux snob. I run Windows 7 without antivirus and have done so for 3 years with not a single virus infection.
Also it's a work laptop so I didn't pay a cent. Linux is great for some applications like web servers, virtualisation, etc, but it's not user friendly enough for the client end to ever make a big impact.

Won't make an impact because it's not trying to take over the world.  You mightn't have paid for the OS but whoever bought the laptop certainly did.  You talk user-friendly? My various laptops have run Linux desktops for years and it is no harder to run or configure than the iterations of Windows we have had to suffer - Vista, now there's an operating system of note.  My work is in building and implementing enterprise (global) wide Windows software and I have nowhere near the issues on a day to day basis with Linux that I do with client's Windows environments.  Not a single virus infection without AV protection?  Only if you are savvy advanced Windows user, not your average Joe with little computer nous.  Linux desktops have come a long way in recent times and the best thing is that they give you free choice to use what you want, how you want to.  Uncle Bill and Sideshow Steve don't like it when they don't control things and I would rather decide who controls me, not pay for the privilege of letting them do it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
... member of the club I will continue to demand that our club seeks to improve its position especially on this issue of sponsorship and finances as well as that of the playing fields.

And there in you've hit the nail on the head "seeks to improve" they have done that with this deal  :thumbsup You want a CGU type deal we are not in a position to "demand" that YET

It was actually one of the things spoken about last night how much extra sponsorship $$$ will come once we start playng finals consistently ...it was staggering but until we are there we can only demand so much ....

Sponsors want bang for their buck and that means exposure on FTA TV, Friday night footy, a good draw... currently and more importantly realistically we dont/can't offer that until we start being successful... It's called the harsh reality of this comp

I think you've mistaken my realistic view as being me being contect with where we sit at present... believe I am not but it is where we are at. I expect in 2 years we will in a position of having companies throwing themselves at us (like the Pies) rather than us trying to sell ourselves

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »

Besides buying a membership, making contributions to the Jack Dyer Foundation, making contributions to the Fighting Fund, buying merchandise and attending games, what did you want me to do extra?

so I guess what you are saying is that you are doing your best?

I would say that the current administration is also doing its best and considering the tools they have to work with I reckon they are doing an amazing job. I guess thats we differ in our opinions