Author Topic: Jeep - major sponsor [merged]  (Read 16761 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Richmond New Major Sponsors are Bingle and ???
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
We are stuffed as a club if all we've got is to compare ourselves to North Melbourne and Melbourne. It seems to me that a lot of Richmond supporters are just happy to go along as we are not prepared to push for better results from our administration. $850k for front of jumper for Richmond is an absolute disgrace. Others will disagree and that is fair enough and I respect everyones opinion but selling the front of jumper for such a limited amount really devalues us as a club. In effect we sold our major sponsorship for 10 Jeep Cherokees and 4 or 5 Wranglers. I tbhink its a poor result.

They negotiated for months with jeep and TCL at the very least so its not like they took the first deal that came at them.  They clearly negotiated hard with those companies and jeep had the best offer. You can't complain when all that happens. You just have to be realistic that what you get is the best market value.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »
Deal is for 2 years with an option for a 3rd. If in 2 years we are in the 8, for Jeep to take up that optional 3rd year it would cost them considerably more than what they are paying now (and they would probably look to take up a 4th and 5th year at that point). As WP said, when we are getting more FTA games and September action, the big bucks will come  ;)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2011, 03:58:17 PM »
Ramps/flagman,

Put aside your richmond bias for a minute and consider if you were making a decision to sponsor a football team. Would you honestly pay the same money to Richmond that successful clubs can get, considering you will not get the same exposure, nor be associated with success in the near future?

You can slag off at clubs like north all you want and say you dont want to be compared them, but over the last 20 years their sponsors would have got much more value for their dollar than ours.

It is RFC that has been the basket case of the league for the last 30 years and until we put the score on the board we will be considered a second rate option for sponsorship dollars
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
Ramps/flagman,

Put aside your richmond bias for a minute and consider if you were making a decision to sponsor a football team. Would you honestly pay the same money to Richmond that successful clubs can get, considering you will not get the same exposure, nor be associated with success in the near future?

You can slag off at clubs like north all you want and say you dont want to be compared them, but over the last 20 years their sponsors would have got much more value for their dollar than ours.

It is RFC that has been the basket case of the league for the last 30 years and until we put the score on the board we will be considered a second rate option for sponsorship dollars

I would pay more  ;D Lots more  :lol

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »
 ;D
sadly i dont own enough shares in any company to vote you into their board

gerkin greg

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
You can slag off at clubs like north all you want

Excellent. Norf are shˇt.  ;D

but over the last 20 years their sponsors would have got much more value for their dollar than ours.

Pig scrotum. Whilst we can't offer the same exposure as the big clubs and interstaters playing finals we offer far more exposure than the Norfs of this world can no matter how many finals they make. RFC sells papers and generates web hits, no matter the story. We pull larger crowds and bigger TV audiences. No-one gives a toss about Norf and the minnows, hence their bottom rung sponsorships. We'd be comfortably sitting mid-range in terms of sponsorship. You are right though, that is obviously well below our potential.

More on field success will lead to more sponsorship money and more members which in theory if put back into the footy dept. should lead to more on field success and so on and the juggernaut is rolling. Like Mike Lowrey, when we come, we'll come with the thunder.

tony_montana

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2011, 12:29:13 AM »
We've made more back pages of the Hun than any other side over the past 10-15 years incl the pies. We are a crap product but we bring massive exposure to sponsors and probably rate better than most sides on TV too. I cannot wait till we become a consistent finals side -  i want these guys to pay through the nose - at 850k they got a bargain absolutely

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »
You can slag off at clubs like north all you want

Excellent. Norf are shˇt.  ;D

but over the last 20 years their sponsors would have got much more value for their dollar than ours.

Pig scrotum. Whilst we can't offer the same exposure as the big clubs and interstaters playing finals we offer far more exposure than the Norf's of this world can no matter how many finals they make. RFC sells papers and generates web hits, no matter the story. We pull larger crowds and bigger TV audiences. No-one gives a toss about Norf and the minnows, hence their bottom rung sponsorships. We'd be comfortably sitting mid-range in terms of sponsorship. You are right though, that is obviously well below our potential.

More on field success will lead to more sponsorship money and more members which in theory if put back into the footy dept. should lead to more on field success and so on and the juggernaut is rolling. Like Mike Lowrey, when we come, we'll come with the thunder.

If we pull bigger TV audiences than norf why do we hardly get any friday night games, the prime tv slot?
It is free to air TV exposure and especially finals that give the sponsors value for their dollars, not written newspaper articles, unless they are done as pictorials in a way to highlight the sponsors logos - I havent seen too many of those.

I spent three years travelling this country around 15 years ago and in that time would have seen much more of norf on the telly than us, even though i tried to seek out watching richmond

Website hit counts is only a recent factor and I'm not too sure how much influence that would have on sponsorship dollars even now, but over the last 2 years - stuff all

Yeah. norfs exposure has dropped of in the last few years as their performance has, but over the course they have played in finals and even won a premiership - that is what sponsors want. Our basket case of a club's only saving grace has been our large supporter base, without which our over all performances would have been lucky to attract Spellbound as sponsors.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »
Whenever i hear/read richmond supporters hanging poo on north i cant help but think of this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWk6RgQbPVc

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »
Whenever i hear/read richmond supporters hanging poo on north i cant help but think of this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWk6RgQbPVc

:lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »
More like a Dogs/Saints fight  :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2011, 09:31:08 AM »
 :whistle

Mini is the least reliable brand of car you can buy, according to a new US long-term dependability report...

....while Jeep still ranked second last, despite improving with a score of 214 (down from 222).

:shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »
Our list of sponsors has been completed on the RFC site

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/club%20partners/tabid/7701/default.aspx

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2011, 07:11:40 AM »
A very nice list. A credit to the admin and all those who worked so hard to sign them up.  :thumbsup

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
Jeep would be happy about the exposure so far. The Jeep logo on the jumpers really stands out, unlike the Centrebet on the Aints jumper which you could hardly read.  :thumbsup
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do