Author Topic: Richmond V Port rnd 6  (Read 20859 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Richmond V Port rnd 6
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »
Schulzy  :thumbsup

Did someone say Westhoff got suspended?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
Schulzy  :thumbsup

Did someone say Westhoff got suspended?

Nahh, just copped a $900 fine for giving the Bird to the crowd Richo style :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
Show me the post where I said he was suspended? Learn to read idiot

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »
Show me the post where I said he was suspended? Learn to read idiot

You said he was Suspended in Wayne Carey fashion whilst playing a similar role for Broadbeach on the weekend you fool. Learn to remember what you wrote goose.......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:39:45 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
Looks bloody painful
And they booed him off for that??? Suprised they didn't stone him to death.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »
someone got some crackers to go with that?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 10:57:59 PM »
I would have booed him as well.

Has no place on an AFL ground/list.

Cleve Hughes is a far better player but was never treated with the kid gloves Shulctz was.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 08:50:40 AM »

Cleve Hughes is a far better player but was never treated with the kid gloves Shulctz was.

We'll smash them if Westhoff is out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:05:09 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 07:07:42 PM »
The AFL site is predicting Port to win by about 3 goals...

Preview: Port Adelaide v Richmond
By Harry Thring and Paul Daffey
Tue 01 May, 2012

WHERE AND WHEN: AAMI Stadium, Sunday May 6, 2.45pm
LAST TIME: Richmond 10.14 (74) defeated by Port Adelaide 13.11 (89), round 10, 2011 at TIO Stadium

Both sides have struggled to close out games over the last few weeks, losing by narrow margins despite being right in the game at important stages. The Power have endured a frustrating start to 2012, with an inspiring win over the Saints in round one being followed by four consecutive honourable losses. With both sides desperate to break through for a win, expect a fiery clash.

THE FOUR POINTS
PORT ADELAIDE

1. Jay Schulz's scratch to the eye is another massive blow to the Power's forward line after the loss of Robbie Gray for the season. Schulz is a genuine target and a deadly shot for goal, so his presence will be missed immensely. This may mean the pressure falls on Daniel Stewart who only just missed out on selection for last Sunday's Showdown.

2. Matthew Primus wasn't happy with his midfield after last weekend's loss and Travis Boak said the group accepted responsibility for it. With players in the class of Boak, Hamish Hartlett, Dom Cassisi, Kane Cornes and Brad Ebert running around, the Power have the quality in the middle of the ground to trouble most teams.

3. Port Adelaide's ruck stocks are looking pretty thin at this stage of the season. Brent Renouf has struggled in his two games for the year and Jarrad Redden - who impressed early - is likely to be brought into the side. The Power have claimed all season that they don't need to win the ruck to win the ball out of the centre, but they were proved wrong on the weekend against the Crows.

4. Justin Westhoff said during the week if the Power could manage to find one breakout win then the narrow losses they've suffered so far this season could be turned into wins. Primus said that the side's belief dropped a little bit with each loss from a winnable position, so the importance of this encounter can't be stressed enough.

RICHMOND
1. Damien Hardwick's Richmond coaching tenure was difficult at the start, with the Tigers losing the opening nine games in 2010. But the breakthrough came in round 10 when they defeated Port Adelaide by 47 points, 10.17 (77) to 3.12 (30) in slushy conditions at AAMI Stadium. The Tigers had a record 142 tackles. They're likely to be just as fanatical this weekend.

2. Richmond's key forwards showed glimpses of a return to form during the Tigers' 10-point loss to West Coast last weekend. Jack Riewoldt had 15 disposals and took five marks while Tyrone Vickery had 12 disposals and took six marks. Both players kicked two goals. Riewoldt was disappointed after his failure to kick a third goal with a shot from a tight angle when the game was in the balance in the dying minutes. He'd be eager to atone.

3. A pleasing factor of recent weeks has been the development of Jake Batchelor as the third tall defender. Despite being only 188cm, the height of many midfielders, Batchelor plays tall. He took eight marks against West Coast, including several intercept marks that highlighted his ability to read the play.

4. Richmond simply must win this match or it faces a long season; if it loses, its tough draw means that it might even get through to Greater Western Sydney in round 12 before it wins its second match. The Tigers have gone close against some highly rated teams, losing to Carlton and Collingwood because of short lapses and then falling short by 10 points against both Geelong and West Coast. The Tigers just need to gain composure quickly.

AFL.com.au prediction: Port Adelaide by 17 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/134645/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bookies expect a Richmond win (Sportal)
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
The bookies on the other hand have the money on the Tiges  :thumbsup...

Bookies expect a Richmond win
Paul Gough, Betting Editor
Sportal
1/5/2012 6:24 PM

The bookies believe this will finally be the week when Richmond gets reward for effort, installing the Tigers as favourites to beat Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium in what is set to be the tightest betting game of Round 6.

... despite the fact the game is being played in Adelaide, TAB Sportsbet has opened the Tigers at $1.75 favourites, with Port at $2.05.

"Richmond have earned high praise for brave defeats against Geelong and West Coast over the past two weeks and will find Port Adelaide a much easier task despite having to travel to Adelaide," TAB Sportsbet's Matt Jenkins said.

And while the Tigers did not win a game in Adelaide between 2000-2005, their recent record at AAMI Stadium has been much better, with four wins from their last nine visits - including their past two.

The Tigers have also been installed as favourites at online bookmakers sportsbet.com.au at $1.75, with the Power at $2.08.

Centrebet favour Richmond at $1.75, with Port $2.05.

Full article at: http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-display/bookies-expect-a-richmond-win-174317

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »

We'll smash them if Westhoff is out.

How I wish I saw this pre-edit.  :gotigers
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
Batchlor vs Butcher would be a great event. even odds l give them

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
I'm backing Batch over Butch. :thumbsup

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »

Couldn't agree more TBR leta get clean knees back, straight swap for that hack Vickery