Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 70085 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: From the coaches box (weekly video email)
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 09:42:57 PM »
The main one for me was where our two blokes had tunnel vision and let two carltank sneaky bastards peel off towards goal unattended.  Rest was tired fumbles and bumbles.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
Dimma's dissection of round 2:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2012-04-09/dimmas-dissection-round-2

* Happy with our forwards and backs winning the contested footy but our mids were disappointing in that area. Dimma mentioned the "life and death" creed our defenders have again and how they attack the footy hard (video eg: Morris).

* Last year the Saints scored 5 goals from stoppages in our defensive 50. This year we kept it to just one point. Body checked Milne at the stoppages and had players in position to curb Dal Santo's run onto his left.

* Denied the Saints switch of play and short lead ups forcing them to kick long to a contest. We didn't make the most of this though as our mids were down in winning the contested footy on the night. The latter will be part of the team and individual review, planning and training this week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 05:43:05 PM »
Dimma's dissection of Round 3

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-04-17/dimmas-dissection-round-3

* We targeted the Bulldogs' strength in the clearances and especially the centre clearances. Individually important to stop Tom Liberatore by blocking his run and swing onto his left foot (Grigg had that job).

Clear.                Centre Clear.          Tom Liberatore
Dogs vs Bris:   42-34 (+8 )            17-8 (+9)             11 clearances (#1 AFL) + 9 tackles

Dogs vs Freo:  41-29 (+12)           16-8 (+8 )            12 clearances + 11 tackles

Dogs vs Rich:   We won the centre bounces 20-13 and young Libba only had 10 touches + 2 clearances for the game.

Scores from centre bounces:     Rich 6.2-38 to the Dogs 0.0-0

Defensive 50 stoppages strong again. Dogs only scored 2 behinds. In the first two games the Dogs were 100% efficient in this area.

* Our all ground defensive work was about denying the Dogs the short chip passes which they used in the first two weeks to maintain possession and clear their defensive 50.  The key to that was simply being disciplined manning the mark properly. Made their kicks have to go that 3 degrees higher over the fingertips and importantly longer often to a contest so they weren't able to maintain possession.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 07:05:12 PM »
Congratulations to the person doing the video this week.

Following my criticisms of last weeks effort I have to say the video this week is great.
Very well edited with clear and concise stats/information passed on and good demonstration shots of the points in action.

Again, congratulations on the job. An excellent piece of information for the members.
And a thanks to the coach for his time and effort in communicating so well to supporters. 

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
It has improved plenty , i thought r1 was atrocious, highlighting a couple of lousy mistakes in a walloping....very good now :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »
i cant access this video??????
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
i cant access this video??????

Maybe Dimma doesnt like people called Alberts?  ;D

In all seriousness Dimma seems to be improving all the time in his coaching. We got the right bloke for the job when we got Hardwick. RFC would have been up the creek had we gone with any of the other candidates being mentioned at the time.

gerkin greg

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »
Dunno, was down to Dimma and Hinkley and old Kenny looks a good operator straight off the bat

Both overlooked by the Dees  :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »

Both overlooked by the Dees  :shh

That's the hilarious part.  Sing the song loud and proud you cheats!  $500k for prejudicial conduct?  Haha, you're paying a lot more than that for tanking.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2013, 05:15:52 PM »
This weeks dissection keeps giving me an out of bounds screen FFS.  Yes I am a member, wtf.
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2013, 05:37:19 PM »
This weeks dissection keeps giving me an out of bounds screen FFS.  Yes I am a member, wtf.

Did the same for me when I followed the link from the e-mail. Instead I just found it on the website anyway.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 06:49:16 PM »

Did the same for me when I followed the link from the e-mail. Instead I just found it on the website anyway.

Same here.
Which I found a bit strange since I thought it was for members only.
Not a big deal, it's good publicity for all supporters, but I thought it was a little special something for members to brag about and entice into paying the price to belong.

gerkin greg

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
worked fine for me on tuesday

members get it 24hrs before it goes pubic

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2013, 11:53:31 PM »
Dimma's dissection for round 4:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-04-24/dimmas-dissection-r4

* We wanted to tick off three areas against Collingwood. Normally we tick off at least two if not the whole three but on the weekend we failed to tick off any of them.

(i) Offensively we didn't move the ball in the manner we wanted.
(ii) Our accountability and defensive mindset was poor on the day.
(iii) Not good enough against a top 4 team. We weren't good enough for long enough and for us to take the next step that's what we've got to do on a consistent basis.

* Our offence killed our defence...

Example 1 was Houli and Knights running off half-back with the ball. Cotch and Conca peel off Swan and Thomas respectively to run forward as mids do. Ball is turned over through poor control and disposal of it and we couldn't get back in time to reset defensively so Swan is free to mark inside 50 and kick a goal for Collingwood.

Example 2 was Knights passing to Ivan on half-back. We have 1-on-1s upfield to exploit, however Ivan's handpass misses Conca and then Knights' handball misses the target and we gift the ball to Collingwood and a scoring opportunity. So once again we go from a position of control  of the footy offensively to one defensively where we have goals scored against us. So once again our offence killed our defence and Rance gets caught on the Collingwood lead.

Example 3 was a lack of midfield accountability. Dusty's opponent is free on the wing and in the example will win the footy 100% of the time. We however have 6 players all running towards that position where we won't win the footy. Ends up 7 Tigers against two Pies on the wing which of course means the Collingwood player that gets the ball sees free Collingwood players to kick to and Cloke ends up marking it. [ed. in other words dumb play by our mids]

Example 4 was poor workrate and us being beaten at the contest by greater Collingwood numbers and hence greater pressure and then we get caught behind the ball with Magpies in greater numbers running forward.

* We've been working on addressing all this this week. If we are that poor again against Freo then we'll be on a hiding to nothing but Dimma has no doubt the boys will turn it around on Friday.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2013, 03:56:30 AM »
Did Dimma just get out of bed prior to filming this?