Author Topic: Richmond's VFL alignment with Coburg at breaking point (Age)  (Read 7578 times)

the claw

Re: Richmond's VFL alignment with Coburg at breaking point (Age)
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2012, 02:17:11 PM »
Claw - if cwood geelong can do it why cant we?
agree not arguing about that.im for our own seconds team. all im asking is does anyone know how they get around fitting in all their players into their reserves side especially talls. if they are getting it right we need to learn from them.
can anyone tell me does that include both a vfl senior and reserves side because thats the only way i can see it working.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »
Go the second team for mine...better look at players true form and a natural development path for our future players....GOOD MOVE!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »
Claw - if cwood geelong can do it why cant we?
agree not arguing about that.im for our own seconds team. all im asking is does anyone know how they get around fitting in all their players into their reserves side especially talls. if they are getting it right we need to learn from them.
can anyone tell me does that include both a vfl senior and reserves side because thats the only way i can see it working.

They have non-AFL listed players in the side to help the balance and cover the balance. It's not perfect in regards to win a VFL flag, but it gives the club more control over the development. It's also a good chance to nuture or uncover some young blokes who didn't develop in time for the draft. While you made a good point about the WC players in the WAFL, that's one team of players spread among numerous sides. It's not the same luxury in the VFL with so many clubs.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »
The Coburg G.M. on VFL Radio at half-time said Caro is entitled to her journalistic opinion but she didn't get her facts right. The Coburg and Richmond players will be staying in a hotel down at Warrnambool and it's been booked for months.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
The Coburg G.M. on VFL Radio at half-time said Caro is entitled to her journalistic opinion but she didn't get her facts right. The Coburg and Richmond players will be staying in a hotel down at Warrnambool and it's been booked for months.

nothing wrong with these?  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »

Hmm but what about the rest of the article GM Jake?  ;)  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
The sooner we break away from Coburg the better. Sadly we seem stuck with them until 2015  :help.

The benefit of having an affiliate is meant to be to provide senior mature bodies with at least VFL ability and a decent team structure in which your juniors can develop around before progressing up to AFL level. That is not happening at Coburg. How are you meant to develop our younger players in an utter rabble who turn over the ball constantly and are so unaccountable they are constantly outnumbered at both ends of the ground?!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond to get its own VFL side for 2014
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »
President of Coburg just on ABC being interviewed by Phil Cleary.

He just said Coburg will go it alone at the end of the 2013 season which is a year earlier than planned.

So Richmond will have its own VFL side in 2014.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond to get its own VFL side for 2014
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »
President of Coburg just on ABC being interviewed by Phil Cleary.

He just said Coburg will go it alone at the end of the 2013 season which is a year earlier than planned.

So Richmond will have its own VFL side in 2014.

Yep just started a new thread so it doesn't get lost  :laugh:
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)