Author Topic: Improvement? Wat improvement FFS  (Read 11683 times)

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
Re: Improvement? Wat improvement FFS
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »
We're better than you think
Grimes and King are our barometers unfortunately they have hardly played together all year
Stick with us we are ready to roar
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2012, 01:18:24 AM »
C'mon people now
smile on your brother
everybody get together
try to love one another right now, right now

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

You used to be cool. Now you've just turned weird.  :angel:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2012, 02:32:55 AM »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2012, 05:29:55 AM »
You saw improvement in 2009? Terry?

3 years ago and we are still out of the 8????? How much longer do we blame Wallace for??

Don't see them blaming Knights at the Bombers or Craig at the Crows....they ave both leapfrogged us in less time!

They haven't leapfrogged us at all - they were never within a bull's roar of the depths that we were at.  That's the most frustrating part of your rants WAT, your complete disregard or opposition to the notion of just how much worse we were than any other club in the modern history of the VFL/AFL.  And sadly, that includes Fitzroy - the only, and I wish to emphasize ONLY, reason we survived where they failed was because of our supporters and coming back from that was never going to be anywhere near as easy as it has been for all the other teams you put up as our litmus tests.

Dissagree Smokey, the Crows were down and out, so we're the Bombers and we even finished above the Eagles a few years ago. That's crap saing I sad we were te worst club in afl/VFL history, I love how most of my words are twisted.

I said we are mentally weak ad it's shown for any years, IMO, we should be in front f the Crws,te Bombers, Freo and the Eagles and we aren't, but hey let's just keep rebuilding.

What happens  if IF we fail next year...no this year is not over but I don't think we NOW deserve to get into the 8. I thought we would ad should f earlier but after watching some of the failures this year I don't think we are good enough to mix it wen the finals come because we won't handle it mentally...

My thoughts only!

WAT, where on earth did I say or even hint that it was you who said those words?  I could have sworn that was my opinion and those were my words, otherwise you have been arguing against yourself all these months???  And your follow on comment about the Bombers, Crows and Eagles just proves my point - you have no belief, capacity or desire to acknowledge that we were in a much much worse state of affairs than those sides over a much greater period, hence the stark difference in timeframes and effort required to rebuild.  In our case, ladder position is such an inconsequential indicator when compared to other clubs of how quickly we should be able to improve.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »
Spot on mate on that's why I get so annoyed when we drop games like the Crows

Yep, dropping games we were never supposed to win has derailed our season. We should look at trading Delideo, Cotch and Jack at seasons end, the club has nothing to gain from playing these players anymore :lol

I agree with some of this

Im not peed off we lost this game, cause like you said i never thought we would win for the most part.

What i got annoyed is losing it after being in front for most of the day and poo like Miller passing the ball from 30 metres out

thats the poo that peees me off, spuds like that getting a game ahead of youth.

go down fighting with youth is one thing but going down with an out and out spud on the field is another.

Match commitee also had a bad day.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »
C'mon people now
smile on your brother
everybody get together
try to love one another right now, right now

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

You used to be cool. Now you've just turned weird.  :angel:
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »
You forgot about our pee poor effort in only achieving 50 k plus members :banghead

And nearly raising $6m in 18 months  :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
You forgot about our pee poor effort in only achieving 50 k plus members :banghead

And what's this got to do with the players being mentally weak this year during games we could of won.

BTW RFCO, you seem to chime in when it suits you, you piped up when everyone was having a go at Connors and said he had been working his butt off to get back into the side and how much he had changed. I was a Connors advocate but after what he has done, perhaps more people at the club have their blinkers on than expected!

Care to comment on how Connors was yet again poorly managed by the club allowing him to get into this position again. Surely he would of had a support person!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »

And what's this got to do with the players being mentally weak this year during games we could of won.

BTW RFCO, you seem to chime in when it suits you, you piped up when everyone was having a go at Connors and said he had been working his butt off to get back into the side and how much he had changed. I was a Connors advocate but after what he has done, perhaps more people at the club have their blinkers on than expected!

Care to comment on how Connors was yet again poorly managed by the club allowing him to get into this position again. Surely he would of had a support person!!!
Chill WAT!
There are dozens of threads where people have the chance to criticise the team or the club or the coaches. This thread is dedicated to the good things we have achieved. It should be left that way.

Despite the club having numerous areas that it needs to work on and still being out of the eight, there are still gains that we have made. There is nothing wrong with identifying them or indeed applauding them.

Connors? Poorly managed by the club? Sometimes a player, or person, has to take responsibility for his own actions.

gerkin greg

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:43 AM »
No this is a bagging thread

Please keep it in here

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »

Chill WAT!
There are dozens of threads where people have the chance to criticise the team or the club or the coaches. This thread is dedicated to the good things we have achieved. It should be left that way.

Despite the club having numerous areas that it needs to work on and still being out of the eight, there are still gains that we have made. There is nothing wrong with identifying them or indeed applauding them.

Connors? Poorly managed by the club? Sometimes a player, or person, has to take responsibility for his own actions.

No this thread was directly aimed at me, read the heading and the comments, it was nothing more than a cheap shot because I have differing opinions as to where our players are mentally. But as per usual my comments are taken completely out of context.

Chilled thanks!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »
No this is a bagging thread

Please keep it in here

Well why didn't you make that obvious in the OP?

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »

I can't talk about football issues like that as I simply don't know them nor am I the club's psychologist. I tell you what I see, I saw Daniel work his arse off earlier in the year, the story is still true.

I have no problems with you disagreeing with company line but no need for this "when it suits you" thing, you could have asked me anything at any time in my questions thread.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »

I can't talk about football issues like that as I simply don't know them nor am I the club's psychologist. I tell you what I see, I saw Daniel work his behind off earlier in the year, the story is still true.

I have no problems with you disagreeing with company line but no need for this "when it suits you" thing, you could have asked me anything at any time in my questions thread.

Ok then so what is the thought process our players have where they can lose to a team after completely dominating them to the tune of 30 plus points. Why do our players seem to drop the games that hinge on us making the 8, what is our mental perpetration compared to other clubs, why do we just about always seem to be mentally weaker when the pressure in on???

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
That's a question for the coaches, WAT, not the digital media bloke   :P