Author Topic: A Laughing Stock Once More - Discuss  (Read 12905 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: A Laughing Stock Once More - Discuss
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »
Where do you want to start
* Digging up punt rd before seasons end - keep in mind that they can resurface Etihad in a week..they could of done it in Mid September.6 weeks turn around if they had trades organized
* extension of contracts players and staff.
*.handling of the cocktail party .what ever happened to the 2nd party ?
* the martin situation .say no more
* likewise Connors
* selection of players that haven't deserved or earnt there spot.please seek Hardwicks press conference before Round 1 of NAB cup

Gee you gone pretty deep there jack
Recommending two cocktail parties hey...that'll do the trick  :lol

It's amazing that the club charge for something that was free and an actual reward for loyalty and then they suggest 2 parties and then you don't here boo from them
No big deal from my point of view although lots of supporters peeved off

10 FLAGS

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »
its only about cash generation jacko you should know that by now - the supporters dont count we are just needed for our money.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
A little secret Flags
The turnover of supporters at the high end is alarmily high

10 FLAGS

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
A little secret Flags
The turnover of supporters at the high end is alarmily high

Well if the club doesnt care about keeping these people happy eventually the pool will dry up and their going to be in shitloads of trouble. Ive always thought that its better to keep what you have happy and to chase the extras rather than treat the your current backers like crap and always be on the lookout for newbies. Maybe Im wrong on that, I dont know.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2012, 07:10:07 PM »

* Digging up punt rd before seasons end

When is the ground meant to be complete?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »

* Digging up punt rd before seasons end

When is the ground meant to be complete?

I think November
My issue is how dumb a decision to do it in the middle of the year

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
Malthouse is a hypocrite :wallywink He has dealt out his fair share of mid season suspensions over the years, what's the difference between his and ours? Malthouse only remembers what he wantsto, now he's in the media he's turned into a bigger nuffer than when he was when he was a coach!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »
Malthouse is a hypocrite :wallywink He has dealt out his fair share of mid season suspensions over the years, what's the difference between his and ours? Malthouse only remembers what he wantsto, now he's in the media he's turned into a bigger nuffer than when he was when he was a coach!

At least 2 of Collingwoods suspensions were AFL enforced through gambling
Another was a car accident
I aware of several issues that they have kept in house and dealt from within

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »

* Digging up punt rd before seasons end - keep in mind that they can resurface Etihad in a week..they could of done it in Mid September.6 weeks turn around if they had trades organized

Unfair and irrelevant comparison Jack.  Resurfacing a prepared stadium with purpose grown turf in pre-determined sectors all in a week is entirely reasonable, if not expensive, and is funded entirely by the stadium.  Punt Road needs to be rebuilt - oval reshaped, base dug out and rebuilt, drainage installed, subsurface reshaped and compacted, top soil laid, shaped and lasered, and that will take a shedload of time and money just to get to a stage of being ready for the turf to be laid.  If you want an 'instant' outcome re: drop-in turf a la Etihad then you pay a premium on top of that as opposed to the 'traditional' way of laying strips and letting it bed, and the club would have to foot the bill for the whole thing.  Doing it the way the are in at the timeframe they are makes the most sense when you consider all the factors involved because I just know how the great unwashed would react if Cotchin did his ACL as a result of a substandard surface at Punt Road, all because we rushed the revamp.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2012, 11:00:06 PM »
* you been listening to Benny Gales spin
*. What they have been training on at Punt Rd .the grass was below any standard

My employment has my company actively involved with Sporting Grounds and the interstructures involved
Was actively involved at AAMI Stadium,MCG and Etihad
Can tell you that they could of had the grass growing elsewhere while they ripped the ground up in September/October and be back training on it in middle of November.no issues

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2012, 11:06:53 PM »

At least 2 of Collingwoods suspensions were AFL enforced through gambling
Another was a car accident
I aware of several issues that they have kept in house and dealt from within

Wellingham, Didak, both the Shaws and Swan have been dealt with on more than one occasion. Reece was traded out the others have suffered club suspensions and were put on notice. How is this different to what we have done with Martin and Conners?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
* you been listening to Benny Gales spin
*. What they have been training on at Punt Rd .the grass was below any standard

My employment has my company actively involved with Sporting Grounds and the interstructures involved
Was actively involved at AAMI Stadium,MCG and Etihad
Can tell you that they could of had the grass growing elsewhere while they ripped the ground up in September/October and be back training on it in middle of November.no issues

Been listening to no-one's spin - I work with landscapers and plant operators on a daily basis.  And I thought you sold light bulbs?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2012, 11:30:33 PM »
High performance  Lighting not bulbs
Bulbs are things you plant in the ground that grow
You mean Light Globes no doubt

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
Well Smokey
You should go down with your shovel to Punt Rd and give them a helping hand

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »
We beat Sydney ealier this year. How bad must they be?

Oh.

How about them Hawks? Smacked them by 10 goals! They must be poohouse!

Oh.

We're building something folks but have some legitimate reasons (excuses) why our form has dipped and if you can't see that then you are deluded.

Bring on next week.