Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436065 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #1605 on: March 18, 2024, 04:45:32 PM »
You would think Coultard in for MRJ May be happening soon

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1606 on: March 21, 2024, 01:22:29 AM »
VFL Report: Practice match v Carlton

Richmond VFL coach Steve Morris provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in last Thursday's practice match win over Carlton Reserves at the Swinburne Centre.

Ben Miller (23 disposals, 10 marks, nine rebound-50s)

"Probably the best game I've seen Ben play. I thought he was an outstanding leader of our back six. He won the ball back for us, he took three contested marks, he had an impact with his big spoils and I thought he used the ball well. Really pleased for Ben and looking forward to seeing that on a consistent basis."

Judson Clarke (17 disposals, seven inside-50s, four marks, two goals)

"After an interrupted preparation for the season after surgery on his shoulder, he has started to hit some red-hot form. His last month of footy has been outstanding, and Thursday's game was no different."

Hugo Ralphsmith (11 disposals, seven marks, five inside-50s)

"His run and carry once again stood out, and I thought his ball use was excellent. I think he's got a great balance between offence and defence at the moment, and he's in some really good form."

Tom Brown (17 disposals, five marks, four rebound-50s)

"He came back after being an AFL carryover the previous week, and he acquitted himself extremely well. He looks so composed and calm with the footy down back and won the ball back for us consistently on the day."

James Trezise (16 disposals, four marks, one rebound-50)

"James is in some really good form. He continues to win the ball back for us and he used the ball particularly well on Thursday. He is ready, should the opportunity arise at the next level."

Kane McAuliffe (20 disposals, five clearances, four tackles, two goals)

"Kicked one of the better goals you'll see from a midfielder from outside 50 on the boundary. He's coming along really well for a first-year player, and certainly doesn't look out of place at VFL level. I'm sure that he'll continue to build in the coming weeks."

Matthew Coulthard (12 disposals, six marks, three inside-50s, one goal)

"His defensive pressure has been outstanding in the last couple of weeks. I'm really enjoying that aspect of his game and it was nice to see him get more involved on the weekend offensively."

Noah Cumberland (10 disposals, four tackles, two inside-50s)

"It was an interesting day for Noah. Whilst he didn't hit the scoreboard, I was absolutely thrilled with his defensive output. I thought he made our team and those around him better on the day, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of that from him."

Jacob Koschitzke (nine disposals, seven marks, one goal)

"He was blanketed for most of the day and found it difficult in the first half. I thought he worked his way into the contest nicely in the second half with a couple of really critical contests against multiple opponents that he was able to bring to the ground, and we were able to benefit from."

Samson Ryan (13 disposals, seven marks, two inside-50s, one goal)

"I thought Samson fought his backside off. It was a great test for him up against an experienced ruckman in Pittonet. He was able to hit the scoreboard late."

Oliver Hayes-Brown (three disposals, two tackles)

"A tough match up against a very experienced ruckman. He showed some forward craft and is continuing to improve. Great to see him get a holding the ball decision with a big crunching tackle on the wing."

Sam Banks (11 disposals, two clearances, two inside-50s)

"Sam only played a half, but I thought he had a huge impact and used the ball well. He ran hard both offensively and defensively on that wing that he knows so well."

Mykelti Lefau (eight disposals, three tackles, two goals)

"He's in outstanding form. He's bringing his training form to games and competing really well in the air, but also putting pressure on at ground level. He kicked a beautiful snap goal in the first half."

Steely Green (six disposals, two tackles, one goal)

"Didn't get much of a footy, but I'm really proud of the way that he is going about his footy. I thought he had a huge impact on the game with his defensive pressure and his selfless running patterns to help the team. We really value the fact that he is putting the team before his own performance, and he'll get rewarded for doing so no doubt."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1509770/vfl-report-practice-match-v-carlton

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1607 on: March 21, 2024, 06:17:35 PM »
Wow - undefeated season & flag coming up for the VFL boys just going by that report......not to mention the embarrassment of riches apparently on our list now....makes you wonder how we're 0-2.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1608 on: March 21, 2024, 11:51:00 PM »
Sonsie gets a run this weekend??

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame