Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 435021 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond VFL side's playing list (RFC-vfl)
« Reply #555 on: December 15, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »
Dan Schibeci
DOB: 05.01.92 | 180cm | 82.5kg
Recruited from: Maribyrnong Park

The versatile left footer has played multiple seasons at VFL level with Werribee, and most recently represented Maribyrnong Park under coach Brodie Holland. The life-long Richmond supporter is happy to land at the Club he loves, and his running ability and long kicking will be an asset to the team.
Is he the son of SEN commentator Tony Schibeci who also barracks for Richmond?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

the claw

Re: RFC to go it alone at VFL Level in 2014
« Reply #556 on: December 16, 2013, 12:49:42 AM »
The RFC guys aren't better off playing elsewhere. He means a young kid trying to get on a list. I'll be interested to see young Clay McCartney how he goes games wise. He won't be a walk up start each week to get under recruiters noses. I wonder where he goes? Can he play TAC as an overager as well. Beats me. Maybe he'll be allowed to play as that 23rd player crap the VFL do. \

Claw - you left Darrou off the list which makes 8 kids.

Then you've got guys like Griff who need leadership and direction because he currently has no effin idea how to get the pill himself let alone try and lead the young group.

At the end of the day a lot of guys that missed out on being drafted will want a weekly game which they can get elsewhere (either other state league teams or back at their TAC team as overage players). We don't have the ability to promise them that as we need to play our guys first and foremost and adding another bunch of kids to our group of inexperienced players isn't going to make a very good team.

The VFL team seems to be constructed to win on a weekly basis to teach the young kids about actually winning. Hopefully in turn allows us to play our young KPF's as KPF's and not have to send them kick chasing down in the backline like at Coburg. Was pooting me no end the way Griff has been developed, hopefully by winning we can hold our structure and say goodbye to those days.
tigs i fully understand. i just think we could gain some sort of inside advantage by taking more players 24 26 yo who may even offer something on our list proper. why do we have to take soooo many vets.
look im talking about blokes like sully who i would have gladly given a rookie spot to. caimn mirra sundberg maybe a bit old now but there are heaps all in the right age btracket all good state league players and all with some sort of chance of being rookied.
im not saying no vets just why so many when theres plenty of good mature types about the place,

i think we have shown in the past a willingness to at least rookie players in our system who show even good traits. this at least should be what we are prtraying thus enticing players  to come to us.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »
The RFC guys aren't better off playing elsewhere. He means a young kid trying to get on a list. I'll be interested to see young Clay McCartney how he goes games wise. He won't be a walk up start each week to get under recruiters noses. I wonder where he goes? Can he play TAC as an overager as well. Beats me. Maybe he'll be allowed to play as that 23rd player crap the VFL do. \

Claw - you left Darrou off the list which makes 8 kids.

Then you've got guys like Griff who need leadership and direction because he currently has no effin idea how to get the pill himself let alone try and lead the young group.

At the end of the day a lot of guys that missed out on being drafted will want a weekly game which they can get elsewhere (either other state league teams or back at their TAC team as overage players). We don't have the ability to promise them that as we need to play our guys first and foremost and adding another bunch of kids to our group of inexperienced players isn't going to make a very good team.

The VFL team seems to be constructed to win on a weekly basis to teach the young kids about actually winning. Hopefully in turn allows us to play our young KPF's as KPF's and not have to send them kick chasing down in the backline like at Coburg. Was pooting me no end the way Griff has been developed, hopefully by winning we can hold our structure and say goodbye to those days.
tigs i fully understand. i just think we could gain some sort of inside advantage by taking more players 24 26 yo who may even offer something on our list proper. why do we have to take soooo many vets.
look im talking about blokes like sully who i would have gladly given a rookie spot to. caimn mirra sundberg maybe a bit old now but there are heaps all in the right age btracket all good state league players and all with some sort of chance of being rookied.
im not saying no vets just why so many when theres plenty of good mature types about the place,

i think we have shown in the past a willingness to at least rookie players in our system who show even good traits. this at least should be what we are prtraying thus enticing players  to come to us.
Ahhh ok I get ya. Who knows? Maybe we tried and they wanted to stay where they are. Personally not a fan of Cain. (as a potential AFL player) Mirra would have been a good get but he just played in a flag so was probably happy there. My understanding is that a lot of those guys like Barlow, Waite, McGough etc don't cost us a transfer fee of $10k like a VFL player does. Bathie and Davey being delisted and retired AFL probably doesn't cost anything either. If we go all VFL then it's $210k plus wages we'd have to pay so I guess we avoided that as much as possible hence the older VAFA guys rather than VFL blokes.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #558 on: December 16, 2013, 01:27:37 AM »
Dan Schibeci

The versatile left footer has played multiple seasons at VFL level with Werribee, and most recently represented Maribyrnong Park under coach Brodie Holland. The life-long Richmond supporter is happy to land at the Club he loves, and his running ability and long kicking will be an asset to the team.

Correct weight
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #559 on: December 17, 2013, 03:24:48 PM »
Dan Schibeci

Correct weight
Cheers Dooks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #560 on: December 17, 2013, 04:14:20 PM »
@PaulAmy375 - "Dandenong Stingray Clayton McCartney ..."

‏@L_MNOH - "has he signed to Richmonds VFL side? He's been seen training with them but nothing official out of the club..."

‏@PaulAmy375 - "hasn't signed but training with Richmond's VFL squad. Cheers"

https://twitter.com/PaulAmy375

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Richmond VFL twitter: - "35 degrees and the boys are working hard! #gotiges"

https://twitter.com/RichmondVFL/status/413575609290604544/photo/1/large

Paul Ager ‏@RT_73 twitter:

"Can you confirm is David Hille has signed with the club?"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »
big gal al  :clapping

is he allowed to coach with wada ban?

maybe no xmas party

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »
big gal al  :clapping

is he allowed to coach with wada ban?

maybe no xmas party
What wada ban?  :huh3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #564 on: December 20, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »
The rumour about David Hille is false:

@RT_73 - "can either confirm the signing of David Hille to the VFL side? #ForumRumor"{/i]

‏@RichmondVFL - "nothing to read into there, we have plenty of AFL rucks to play"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond VFL practice match schedule (RFC site)
« Reply #565 on: January 21, 2014, 09:29:23 PM »
Richmond VFL practice match schedule

Collingwood    @ Victoria Park          Fri 7 March     4:30pm

North Ballarat @ ME Bank Centre     Sat 15 March   12pm

Footscray       @ Whitten Oval         Fri 21 March   4:30pm

Essendon       @ Melb Airport          Sat 29 March   11am

Please note: Richmond’s home game against North Ballarat at the ME Bank Centre on March 15 is unlikely to be available for fans to attend, due to development works being carried out around the oval.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-01-21/vfl-practice-matches-confirmed

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #566 on: March 23, 2014, 09:58:31 PM »
Traditional grounds among top VFL recruits

Brent Diamond
    The Age
    March 21, 2014

Here's how the teams line up this year:

RICHMOND

Predicted finish: 6th.

The story so far: Were quick off the mark to snare experienced recruits such as Aaron Davey, James Wall, Ross Young (captain) and Ryan Bathie in their first season as a stand-alone club.

The x-factor: Max Bailey, ex-Hawks premiership ruckman, may make an appearance or two as a Tiger.

Why it’ll SUCCEED: Coach Tim Clarke has built a solid brigade of players but in similar fashion to Essendon last year, they need to fit them all on the park and get them in form early.

Why we care: The closest VFL fans get to the MCG is Punt Road Oval.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/traditional-grounds-among-top-vfl-recruits-20140321-hvl8b.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #567 on: March 24, 2014, 04:21:03 AM »
Max Bailey's "The X-Factor"? Surely they meant he's "An Ex-Factor"....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: March 24, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »

I'm told he won't play, so he'll be an x-factor from the coaches box.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #569 on: March 24, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »

I'm told he won't play, so he'll be an x-factor from the coaches box.

How's the redevelopment going? Is it complete ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH