Author Topic: 2013 Membership - THE ROAR IS BACK  (Read 117487 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2013 Membership - THE ROAR IS BACK
« Reply #1290 on: August 16, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »
oh, you've been to more games than me  :bow

:lol

that was one of, if not the, most fickle, petty things i have read/heard from a so called supporter, and undoes anything else, real or perceived, that you think may entitle you to judge others and look down on them.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1291 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:03 PM »
 :bow

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1292 on: August 16, 2013, 05:00:47 PM »

that was one of, if not the, most fickle, petty things i have read/heard from a so called supporter, and undoes anything else, real or perceived, that you think may entitle you to judge others and look down on them.
What are you on about.  :huh
I would NEVER question a fellow brothers loyalty of this great club especially all that we've been through. I personally hate it so I don't do it myself to others especially anyone from this forum.
I'd rather be called Jazz hands than be questioned about my loyalty to RFC why would I be judging you or looking down on you at all?
Crazy yes but being fickle we can never be accused of that..  :gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1293 on: August 17, 2013, 10:10:52 AM »
The club doesn't owe you ****

Pull yr head in jazz hands

Rampstar

« Reply #1294 on: August 17, 2013, 11:12:35 AM »
Will we beat Collingwood to 100,000 members. That should be the aim in my opinion.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1295 on: August 20, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »
Pies caught out using dodgy membership ads  :police:.

------------------------------------------

COLLINGWOOD has been fined $20,400 by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission for two infringements in a misleading membership advertisement.

The advertisement, which appeared in the Herald Sun in May and was emailed to more than 90,000 people, offered three-game memberships and a Collingwood membership for only $20.

It was only in the fine print of the advertisement that it became clear that the actual figure was $120, payable over six months in $20 installments.

According to the ACCC, there were reasonable grounds to believe the advertisement failed to prominently state the total minimum price payable for that offer in contravention of section 48 of the Australian Consumer Law.

Consumers should know the real price of goods and services so that they are able to make informed purchasing decisions," ACCC Chairman Rod Sims said.

"Advertisements that do not state the real price of goods or services have the potential to draw in consumers based on half-truths. All businesses must ensure that they comply with their obligations under the Australian Consumer Law."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-20/pies-fined-for-telling-porkies

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1296 on: August 20, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
The ferals who signed up should ask for the $100 back

tony_montana

« Reply #1297 on: August 20, 2013, 05:03:40 PM »
The pies are now selling 1 game memberships - 1 game, scarf and hat for $50

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1298 on: August 20, 2013, 06:28:32 PM »
:clapping and upgrage to the $95 option and get a discount dental consultation  ;D
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1299 on: August 20, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »
Just wait till all the Whorethorn supporters, the most fickle of supporters worldwide, start jumping off the Dawks once they start to rebuild & sliding down into the lower half of the ladder. The great majority of those front runners will start proclaiming a new allegiance to the next top club to hit it big.
They'll be jumping back on the tiger train back supporting the team of their birth or maybe they'll just start following the 2 colours they've always wished they had. Once they experience true passion, true affection, true attachment and singing a truly great song then they might learn a thing or two about loyalty.
Like they say, "Once you go yellow & black you can't go back!"

and that coming from someone who refused to go to the game because of one team selection  ::)
Yes it's true.
But I made a vow to the club & I'll stand by it because the club owes me.   :thumbsup
Anyway I've been to more games than you ever will.  So STFU!   :shh
And we tiger supporters can't be accused of being fickle not after what we've been through. No way Jose!

The club owes nobody.

Exactly. Probably not even a member.

In any event, craves entitlement over others. Reminds me of Raines, Cloke and Wood in the early 80's, the antithesis of Richmond. Glory hunter at best
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1300 on: August 20, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »
:clapping and upgrage to the $95 option and get a discount dental consultation  ;D

What dental consultation? These people have no teef. Price includes a bottle of listening to ensure gums are free from gingivitis for about 5 minutes.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1301 on: August 20, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »

Smart. Boosting numbers. We should do the same
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1302 on: August 20, 2013, 08:57:26 PM »
$120 for a 3 game membership, a guernsey, scarf and a hat is a pretty good deal.
A deal like that should sell itself.
But no Collingwood had to try and find a sneaky way of doing it, typical of Collingwood and their contempt for their fans and they deserve their $20k fine. I wonder which marketing genius came up with that one.
No doubt Eddie will have some mate in Canberra to ensure a suspended fine is put in place.
Having said that though, Collingwood was doing the community a service by only asking for $20 instalments. Can you imagine the spike in crime if the $120 had to be paid upfront.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1303 on: August 21, 2013, 04:34:25 AM »
Just wait till all the Whorethorn supporters, the most fickle of supporters worldwide, start jumping off the Dawks once they start to rebuild & sliding down into the lower half of the ladder. The great majority of those front runners will start proclaiming a new allegiance to the next top club to hit it big.
They'll be jumping back on the tiger train back supporting the team of their birth or maybe they'll just start following the 2 colours they've always wished they had. Once they experience true passion, true affection, true attachment and singing a truly great song then they might learn a thing or two about loyalty.
Like they say, "Once you go yellow & black you can't go back!"

and that coming from someone who refused to go to the game because of one team selection  ::)
Yes it's true.
But I made a vow to the club & I'll stand by it because the club owes me.   :thumbsup
Anyway I've been to more games than you ever will.  So STFU!   :shh
And we tiger supporters can't be accused of being fickle not after what we've been through. No way Jose!

The club owes nobody.

Exactly. Probably not even a member.

In any event, craves entitlement over others. Reminds me of Raines, Cloke and Wood in the early 80's, the antithesis of Richmond. Glory hunter at best

You don't think spending money entitles you to something?
Interesting concept.
If you are ever interested in buying a house, let me show you the house of good intentions that Springfield built for ned Flanders. It is closely based on the RFC model for on field success over the past 30 uears
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1304 on: August 21, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »
Not on following a sporting club, no.

Anyone who spends or donates money and expects a guaranteed sucess is delusional. Sure it helps, but there is no guarantee.

Anyone who does so on the provision that they are personally owed sucess shouldn't do so in the first place, and go barrack for Carlton or Essendon
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018