Author Topic: We've got the $$$ but we ain't doing anything  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: We've got the $$$ but we ain't doing anything
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »
are you shore?

I even checked the spelling before I wrote it this time, the meaning is "To Sure up" Google it ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »
Zac Clarke would be super handy.

Gus for Clarke straight swap.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »
Zac Clarke would be super handy.

Yes Clarke would be vey handy.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 12:34:29 PM »
I like the fact we have that pot of cash stored away (from Andy D's scent as well).

We have picked up already 2 very good players before the main drafts have begun.

In the past ,we threw everything away on way lesser players.

The club has been smart the past few years and may we continue to follow that path.

Getting 53k members is a magnificent achievement in itself.

WE all know the other clubs now will be looking over their shoulders at us and will do everything to stop the real Giant(GWS lol) from waking up and eating their clubs alive.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
Snip!  :banghead

Some ppl looking for an enforced holiday again ::). Now stick to the topic without resorting to namecalling and personal abuse!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 02:49:51 PM »

You forgot to say you were wearing your Bummerblitz hat.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »

You forgot to say you were wearing your Bummerblitz hat.

I'm being serious
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
I opened the Richmond Rant website and noticed the title of this thread next to another saying 23 players unsigned at the end of 2013.

Seems like one explains the other..... ::)
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »
Since when have you been a troll?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »
The FTF money has gone into debt, recruiting and player development - not recruitment alone. Since the FTF began we wiped $2.5 mil gone from debt, new development coaches obtained (including Chocco), Punt Rd resized and relayed enabling better training/club use, more recruiters, the best Talent Scout in the comp (Hartley) and additional assistant coaches (Smith).

This recruitment period we have obtained two experienced players starved of opportunities and seasons interrupted through injuries. Both fill a definite role in our side and both give us depth we desperately need. In previous years we would of had to trade away draft picks or players for them (picks more than likely considering our list) but we have cleverly manipulated the system to line up these players months a go so we would not have to.

Other clubs are seeking to lure the big fish to their club. We have just quietly gone about the process, luring capable players to the club that will improve our side without hurting our future success by paying overs for them. It's all very deliberate, measured and considered. We're not trying to get a Goddard or Lake who will give us a couple of years but throw our Salary cap out.

I don't want to see any expensive players traded to the club. I want the cheap diamonds in the rough. The 'success stories' such as Grigg, Morris and particularly Maric. When we are playing regualar Prelim finals then is the time to get the big name/short term players to help us out for a year or two. At the moment though, we're not there.

I think the club is being very smart about the way we are approaching this period

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
Didn't hardwick or someone say the way free agency works in the US, you don't get great players, you get a lot of top up and gap filling players.  Turfing our entire rookie list and then saying they want mature bodies, I think they have outlined their strategy pretty clearly.  You keep your draft picks for young core players, you fill gaps with free agency and the rookie list.

It's just that with this strategy you need to find enough decent mature players to fill your rookie list, I'm not sure their out there.  Jackson and co's real test this year is who does he fill our rookie list with?  Maric was last years mature gamble who failed, the year before that Miller who passed.  But to find 6?  That's gonna be hard

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »
We have a lot of experienced players who have question marks over their performances.

Edwards, Nahas, Jackson, McGuane, Post, Griffiths, Graham, White, Newman etc.  Should be going hard trying to find some of these guys a new home whilst bringing in more picks / experienced players from other clubs that are better credentialled or fit our list better.

Bringing in a couple of freebies every year is good but we are at a point now where we need to make the finals and do it convincingly. We should be more actively plugging the holes in our forward line, defence, ruck division and midfield depth and structure.  At least four of the above players should go in this trade period if we are serious about moving forward.  GWS have some good picks on offer and someone like Clinton Young would have to be a big improvement over what we have.

At the same time, lets not be stupid and bring in midget duds like Rodan or offer stupid money for duds like Dawes.