Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 192870 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kamdyn McIntosh cleared of report [update]
« Reply #615 on: August 07, 2022, 07:16:05 PM »
Kamdyn McIntosh and Jarman Impey cleared of match-day reports. The Cotchin tackle wasn’t even assessed by the MRO.

Fines for Stringer, Jake Lloyd, Mason Redman and Tim Membrey.

https://twitter.com/MitchellBScott/status/1556206950878441472

Broadsword

Re: Kamdyn McIntosh cleared of report [update]
« Reply #616 on: August 07, 2022, 07:18:11 PM »
Now just need Some good Vlastuin news.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #617 on: August 08, 2022, 05:25:40 AM »
The incident involving Richmond’s Kamdyn McIntosh and Port Adelaide’s Darcy Byrne-Jones from the fourth quarter of Saturday's match was assessed, it was the view of the MRO that McIntosh made a genuine attempt to spoil and that his actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/816560/match-review-four-fined-from-giants-dons-saint-s-striking-charge

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: August 08, 2022, 05:46:31 PM »
Hard to believe but hat off, fairness at last

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond veteran Kamdyn McIntosh, uncertain of contract status beyond this season, hopes to re-sign

Daniel Cherny
HeraldSun
May 13, 2023

Free agent Kamdyn McIntosh has declared he wants to be a “Tiger for life” but is unclear on where his contract talks with Richmond sit.

However, buoyed by his side’s upset 24-point win over reigning premiers Geelong at the MCG on Friday night, McIntosh said he believed the Tigers were still capable of beating any side and could yet mount an unlikely finals run despite their poor start to the season.

Admittedly helped by a long list of outs for the Cats, Richmond – themselves still undermanned – led at every change to notch their third win for the season with a performance that losing coach Chris Scott said was much more like the Tigers of their modern premiership trilogy.

With their surge game humming and pressure on the opposition ball carrier closer to their best than previous weeks, Richmond issued a message to the doubters that there was still life left in the Tigers in 2023 even after five straight losses between rounds three and seven.

“We feel like our system’s been good, just a few skill executions in offence that we need to clean up but I feel like us boys believe in ourselves well enough that we are a good side and we’ve just got to stay positive,” McIntosh said post-match.

“So the vibe around the footy club the last six weeks or so has been really good. And you’ve just got to keep showing up and bring the positive energy.

“I think that it just shows that you know, whether the media or the commentary from the outside people think they write us off, the belief within the playing group is much stronger than that. We know our best footy is able to beat anybody.

“And today was a perfect example. People thought we weren‘t gonna be able to get out there and get the win. But we knew within ourselves that if we play our football and our way then you know, we can beat anybody. So I think we are and the belief is there that we can, what I said at the start of the year, we are a good enough side to play finals footy. “

McIntosh said the Tigers had embraced the idea that they had been written off in some quarters.

“I guess there‘s that sort of underdog mentality, you know, that obviously goes around a little bit. It drives you, it motivates you,” he said.

“Dimma (coach Damien Hardwick) has just been unbelievable through that five week period there where we lost just to keep the belief within the playing group. He was showing us edits of the good poo that we’re doing out there and how good of a side we actually are.”

Without individualising, McIntosh said that Richmond’s players had rallied around under-fire players.

“There‘s definitely some players that are going through whatever they’re going through. But the best thing about our team and our group is that we help each other through those moments. And we can understand when each other’s going through those moments to get them out of it. And we’re very understanding of it. So I think the best part of our side is that we do go through it, but we get out of it quickly by helping each other out of it.”

McIntosh, 29, is an unrestricted free agent after a decade at Punt Road. The West Australian wingman, a dual premiership player, said he wanted to stay at the club but said he was in the dark on his future.

“I don‘t really know to be honest. I just let my manager Colin (Young) take care of that. One of my things that I do is I don’t even want to talk to my manager about anything until the final day where he says what’s going on,” McIntosh said.

“Obviously, I want to be a one-club man and a Tiger for life. Two premierships here at the club, my heart’s pretty close to the club. I love the boys and this is my family. So it’d be pretty nice to stay, but we’ll see.”

McIntosh said he had taken a leadership role within the club, mentoring the likes of Sam Banks, Judson Clarke and Jack Ross. He added that he would also help guide a first-year players camp in the coming weeks on the Mornington Peninsula.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/richmond/richmond-veteran-kamdyn-mcintosh-uncertain-of-contract-status-beyond-this-season-hopes-to-resign/news-story/24414e1f602528eba126cf0226cff2d8

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #620 on: May 13, 2023, 06:22:06 PM »
I think we’re past the point where the role he plays and his effort outweigh his really poor disposal. Could hide it in the past when we were a very good side but was a turnover merchant yesterday. He’ll probably get an extension because he’s such a well liked member of the club but would personally take a 3rd rounder for him.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #621 on: May 13, 2023, 08:48:00 PM »
I think we’re past the point where the role he plays and his effort outweigh his really poor disposal. Could hide it in the past when we were a very good side but was a turnover merchant yesterday. He’ll probably get an extension because he’s such a well liked member of the club but would personally take a 3rd rounder for him.

Which is why you don’t have a career in list management
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2023, 10:55:51 PM »
You think we’d get more than a 3rd rounder for a player of kmacs skillset who is out of contract at years end and who will be 30 before the start of next season?

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2023, 10:59:14 PM »
Lol, he won’t be traded , club doesn’t want him to leave and he doesn’t want to leave

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #624 on: May 14, 2023, 12:44:10 AM »
Yeah I figure as much.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #625 on: May 14, 2023, 08:16:46 AM »
Did TK just shoot bambi or something?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Kamdyn McIntosh - Nearing Trigger for Contract Extension (AFL site)
« Reply #626 on: May 18, 2023, 08:48:37 AM »
As per the AFL web-site

TIGERS FREE AGENT NEARS TRIGGER

RICHMOND free agent Kamdyn McIntosh is heading towards hitting a contract trigger to tie him to Punt Road for another season.

The consistent wingman signed a two-year deal in 2021 that included a clause for a third year.

McIntosh played 21 games last year for the Tigers and has played every match so far in 2023, averaging 15 disposals.

The 29-year-old played in the Tigers' 2017 and 2020 premiership teams and has played 155 games for the club since being a second-round pick at the 2012 draft.

The West Australian is one of seven remaining unrestricted free agents at Richmond, alongside Nathan Broad, Trent Cotchin, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Miller, Bigoa Nyuon and Robbie Tarrant. – Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/927718/suns-pick-a-trade-target-tiger-nears-trigger-tall-pie-eyes-talks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: May 18, 2023, 09:37:01 AM »
Like him but for most of his ability bar kicking. If he opted to move with FA I wouldn't hold it against him but I'm not convinced he'd be that sought after.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #628 on: May 21, 2023, 12:11:00 AM »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #629 on: May 21, 2023, 01:46:16 AM »
Terrible all game.

Prestia was also terrible as was Nank, Grimes and Reiwoldt

Baker probably his worst game of the season.
The club that keeps giving.