Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 168626 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Pick 33: Liam McBean
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
jack are you also prepared to draw a line through griff too?

Yes, has been in system for what 5-6 years??[/b]
let some other club waste time on him.
Go and watch McBean do things that Griff, Elton and Derrickx only would dream about.

2009 National Draft

if he goes to sydney he would kick 100 goals...

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »
How on earth would Griffiths kick 100 goals at Sydney :lol :lol :lol
When in his 4th year on an AFL list he averages 3.5 kicks a game
Please spare me !!!

Gigantor

« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »
I was initially a huge fan of griff and still prepared to give him time,however I have to admit his lack of ability to win the football is worrying

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »
On the other hand McBean appears very agile and creative particularly for a player of his height. I was very impressed watching him play. Griffith is a great footballer when he is on the lead or kicking. I don't think he has the same capabilities below his knees or crumbing ability as McBean though. Griff will need to learn how to mark on the run and position himself as to make it difficult for the defender to spoil after focusing on defense himself for so long. Different mind set completely as he switches from being reactive to being proactive. I won't write the big fellow off yet but with McBean he shows plenty of promise.  :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
I watched this kid once on Coburg TV months ago, once at training for 20 mins and I am sold.

Is not your every day package.

McBean now as the third forward would give there opposition coach indefinably more headaches than Lukas 'i have a track record of being mediocre so people talk nice about me' McGaune.

What more do you want from McGaune? Don't give me "his a spud" "he won't take us to flag" none of those pathetic responses. Tell me what you expect of him week it week out?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2013, 10:00:36 PM »
Liam has shown more ability than Derrickx and Elton combined.
Hopefully this kid gets a game this year
Forget about what he looks like.
Play him when the opportunity is there.
Kid is a gun.

Have no problem if they play him Jack. Personally I wouldn't because we've thrown far too many to the wolves over the years

But heaven help him if he has a shocker. Patience isn't one of the great virtues of folks on this forum. You along with alot of others have bagged kids after one game and called them duds or not up to it. Can you guarantee you won't do it this time?

Elton is perfect example, plays one game, clearly over awed and people wrote him off after one game. Continue to say he won't make it

Don't want to see it happen to this time because this kid with time will be good.
Can you guarantee this WP?

No cant guarantee it with any kid drafted if we are honest about. But he looks incredibly skilful for a kid 200 cm plus

But facts are we have played so many kids when they weren't ready and then we as supporters jump on them and say they can't play.

Look at jack's post regarding Elton. It is his 2nd season for crying out loud but some are already writing him off. Apart from beng unfair it is just plain ridiculous .

Griffiths is in his 4th count it 4th season with his 2nd season ruined by imjury and people are writing him off too.

Just think we need to stop throwing the kids to the wolves and by wolves I don't necessarily mean out on the field
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2013, 10:05:48 PM »
Let the kid develop, no need to rush him into a side that is under performing.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2013, 06:55:29 AM »
Let the kid develop, no need to rush him into a side that is under performing.

Totally agreed. This kid will be a very good player if allowed to develop properly.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:13 AM »
 :lol

The great Jackstar thinking that all kids should come along at the same rate and writing off those that don't meet his lofty standards immediately.

On the other hand, Choco williams belives that you need to be patient with kids...

The first point that Mark Williams had was be patient with your players. He mentioned that when he was assistant (reserves) coach at Essendon, there were times when Scott Lucas and Matthew Lloyd almost got dropped from
the seconds. He then pointed out how in his first 2 years at Port, Chad Cornes didn’t play a senior game and it took Toby Thurstans 5 years to break into the seniors (and though he’s not regarded as a champion, he played over 100
games and kicked 3 goals in their premiership victory). His point is to encourage each player and make them feel confident even when their performances are low.

So we have two opposing views from two well respected and successful people from within the football world. which one should we take heed of?

Gee I hope we didnt make the wrong bloke our development coach  ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
Here's McBean's stats for the year so far (they haven't updated the game on the weekend yet):

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=192280661&client=1-118-10471-253880-18717695

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »

The great Jackstar thinking that all kids should come along at the same rate and writing off those that don't meet his lofty standards immediately.

Something about the name Jack when it comes to anything Richmond.Show Pony,Look at me etc etc etc. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »

On the other hand, Choco williams belives that you need to be patient with kids...

The first point that Mark Williams had was be patient with your players. He mentioned that when he was assistant (reserves) coach at Essendon, there were times when Scott Lucas and Matthew Lloyd almost got dropped from
the seconds. He then pointed out how in his first 2 years at Port, Chad Cornes didn’t play a senior game and it took Toby Thurstans 5 years to break into the seniors (and though he’s not regarded as a champion, he played over 100
games and kicked 3 goals in their premiership victory). His point is to encourage each player and make them feel confident even when their performances are low.

So we have two opposing views from two well respected and successful people from within the football world. which one should we take heed of?

Gee I hope we didnt make the wrong bloke our development coach  ::)

in b4 comment about sniping.  :lol

But well said all the same.  :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »
Needs to play in the senior team  :shh

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »
Bring in the Big Frijole  :clapping

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2013, 07:46:28 PM »
Needs to play in the senior team  :shh

Needs to eat some carbs and put on 10kg+ and then will dominate!!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''