Author Topic: What do you eat at the footy? / Tiger supporters eat meat pies and sauce (H-Sun)  (Read 1391 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What do we all eat at the footy?

According to the Herald-Sun survery, Tiger supporters eat meat pies and sauce, chicken strips and chips.

Tigers love hot pies, Dees cold fish as MCC reveals footy fans' eating habits at the MCG

Peter Rolfe
    Herald Sun
    June 25, 2013 7:49PM

MELBOURNE supporters are more likely to eat sushi while Richmond fans prefer a traditional pie with sauce.

The Melbourne Cricket Club says it has detected differences in the culinary tastes of AFL fans at the MCG.

Melbourne fans seem to have a penchant for sushi and chicken walnut wraps while Tigers supporters prefer pies, chips and Red Rooster chicken rolls.

And Coke is the most popular drink for Collingwood fans.

Before the start of the season, more than 20 new food outlets were added at the ground to try to offer a range of "high-quality alternatives" to the traditional pie and chips.

The study by the MCC found:

MAGPIES fans bought 15 per cent more premium hot chips than others;

ESSENDON supporters bought about 40 per cent more hotdogs from Dog Bar than others;

KANGAROOS followers prefer "meat lover" pizzas from Crust Pizza; and

ST KILDA fans spend almost 30 per cent more a game on burgers than any other club.

Melbourne fan Ally Blease was shocked that Dees' fans favoured sushi over a pie.

"I think it's a bit of a surprise - I wouldn't have picked it," she said. "Maybe it shows we're a bit classier."

MCC executive manager of hospitality Rebecca Harvey said new menu items such as gourmet hotdogs, buns and baguettes, upscale fish and chips and bakery treats had given fans more choice than ever at the footy.

"Of course, existing staples continue to complement the new menu options," she said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/national-news/victoria/tigers-love-hot-pies-dees-cold-fish/story-fnii5sms-1226669719170#ixzz2XFN7vW8h

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
lol dees cold fish hahaha
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
I would've thought that the Roos preferred Shinboner Soup, gratis of course
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
What about a pie without sauce?

Should be an option, not all of us ruin a pie with sauce  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dees supporters although pretentious yups, have had a great range of food from mcc food outlets. Hence their tastes
Nought eat meat lovers pizza because its a grand change from Pal, snappy tom and whiskas cans shared amoungst family  :lol
Bombres fans love hot dogs the most maybe due to a past affiliation with that don add its ingrained in their mind or perhaps they justlove to deep throat  :shh

Have to say I bring my own rolls or sangas, much prefer eating quality food than smashing down a povo meat pie or a  dry and underwhelming hotdog.
I have been to that restuarant on level 1 punt rd end but found some of their food underwhelming and over priced.

What I loved but seldom got was the steak burgers made fresh to order buy the chef down at the M15 gate on level 1, have now replaced with a curry vendor and im not that keen on the stuff :-\
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
I hate the new catering this year. Yes there's more variety but the quality is crap, sizes are smaller (especially chips) and prices more expensive. Can't believe I am going to say this but I preferred Spotless.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Melbourne eat smoked salmon on a bed of cus cus followed by sour grapes
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

Hot chips and sometimes a Crust pizza from under M55  :cheers

gerkin greg

2 beers a quarter and a pie with sauce at half time, hot chips to start with if I'm hungover

dwaino

The food outlets aren't open when n0rf play because it costs more for the 16 year old to work there than they make from profits. Boomer's mum just sells Fanta from her esky and lunch box packets of Twisties.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hate 4 & 20 pies.....gristle galore.

I go a hot dog with chips, occasionally a pizza.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019

:clapping  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame

Couldnt agree more, a pie with a pure blonde. nothin' better

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame

I go a hot dog with chips,

Yep, that's it for me too.  Plus beers!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
The food outlets aren't open when n0rf play because it costs more for the 16 year old to work there than they make from profits. Boomer's mum just sells Fanta from her esky and lunch box packets of Twisties.
:lol funny thing is you think it's Boomers mum but it's really his missus.  :shh