All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Norf!
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2022, 09:10:38 PM »
"It's got a smell of Fitzroy about it."

Eddie McGuire fears what could happen to North Melbourne if it doesn't look into his proposal to play 11 games in Melbourne and 11 in Tasmania.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1544639252197253120

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2022, 11:13:32 PM »
North are land locked, they have nowhere to grow as a club in Victoria they should go back to playing VFL football as North Melbourne FC Kangaroos and accept being a junior development pathway for the Tassie Devils FC franchise.

Otherwise theyre dead as a club!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2022, 10:25:11 PM »
North Melbourne and Essendon expect to know where Alastair Clarkson will be coaching by the end of this weekend.

The four-time premiership coach is yet to make up his mind between the Kangaroos, who have offered him a five-year contract after a month of discussions, and the Bombers, who launched into consideration this week following a change of their presidency.

His manager James Henderson said on Wednesday evening Clarkson was “moving quickly to a decision” and Kangaroos president Sonja Hood has confirmed that’s the case.

“There was no ultimatum, we just wanted some clarity on where things were at so we knew that if we needed to move onto plan B, we could move onto plan B.”

Asked to expand upon who that plan B coach might be, she said: “I’ll tell you what, if we need a plan B, come back and ask me then and I’ll give you all the details.”

Nine reported likely backup targets for the Kangaroos include Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley, former GWS boss Leon Cameron, and Melbourne assistant and Power premiership coach Mark Williams.

Naturally once the Kangaroos know Clarkson’s decision, the Bombers will know as well, meaning his future will be public by Sunday night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-alastair-clarkson-next-club-decision-north-melbourne-or-essendon-coach-deadline-sonja-hood-ben-rutten/news-story/4da9749647b705abeeb4c5230ca0e4e4

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2022, 01:58:26 PM »
SEN saying Norf not only want a priority pick but also extra rookie spots.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2022, 03:31:17 PM »
North Melbourne will be granted two additional draft picks as part of their special assistance compensation from the AFL.

The Age is reporting that the Roos will receive a 2023 second round pick and a 2023 third rounder from the AFL – though these picks both must be traded. The picks seemingly must also be traded for players.

If the picks are not traded this year, they will cease to exist.

The Kangaroos will also receive an additional two slots on their rookie list, to allow them more resources to target young and mature talent.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/19/report-north-melbournes-afl-compensation-revealed/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2022, 04:40:47 PM »
Where do the picks fall? Immediately after their existing ones?

IE if they finish last and have pick 19 in R2, do they get pick 20 also?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2022, 05:27:09 PM »
Where do the picks fall? Immediately after their existing ones?

IE if they finish last and have pick 19 in R2, do they get pick 20 also?
Yep, they are tied to where Norf finishes next year.

"will be tied to North's finishing position next year for whoever ends up with them, creating a marketplace for rival clubs to take them from the Roos."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/847042/north-granted-extra-draft-picks-list-spots-by-the-afl

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2022, 05:49:37 PM »
But they have to trade these extra picks out

Just another shambolic AFL act
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2023, 03:13:26 PM »
North Melbourne is confident Alastair Clarkson will one day return to coaching, having informed the club on Wednesday afternoon that he would be taking indefinite leave from his role effective immediately.

In a statement released on Thursday, North Melbourne said that Clarkson – who was due to coach his 400th game this weekend when his side plays Sydney – would be provided "whatever time he needs to restore his health". The club said "everyone involved has been deeply affected by the Hawthorn investigation and the burden on Alastair has been significant".

https://www.afl.com.au/news/927831/-he-just-needs-time-north-confident-clarkson-will-return

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2023, 10:20:38 PM »
what a big load of bs this whole racism aboriginal thing is. They want an apology or money, well they aint getting neither from these guys so fo.

well played Fagan and i hope clarko comes back and wins a flag with them after this.

Absolute load of BS

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2023, 12:58:12 PM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick hopes Alastair Clarkson isn’t lost to the game

Ed Bourke
News.com.au
May 19, 2023 - 11:16AM

Football will be “worse off” if Alastair Clarkson does not return to the game according to Richmond coach and long-time friend Damien Hardwick

Hardwick said Clarkson, who was his mentor during his five years as an assistant coach at Hawthorn, was struggling with the “cloud hanging over him” and called for his privacy to be respected while he was away from football.

He said he thought the North Melbourne coach would return to the AFL in the future.

“It’s always sad when you see someone that you love walk away from the game,” Hardwick said.

“I don‘t think he’ll be lost to the game, the game will be worse off if he’s out of it.

“What I do hope is that, you know, this is the only thing I’ll say on it, everyone just gives him the privacy and the time that he needs.”

Hardwick said few people would be able to cope under the strain of coaching an AFL team while dealing with the serious allegations under investigation by the independent panel.

“The game is hard enough as it is, especially with this cloud hanging over him at the moment,” he said.

“And he unfortunately has been the face of it. I challenge any person to handle the workload and then the nature of that report and what is hanging over his head for eight months.

“It’s a challenging time, so let’s just step back, give him the time that he needs, and I and probably every other footy person in the industry want him back ASAP.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-hopes-alastair-clarkson-isnt-lost-to-the-game/news-story/b624e463f531802406371d7a2ccb8b27

Broadsword

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2023, 04:37:11 PM »
what a big load of bs this whole racism aboriginal thing is. They want an apology or money, well they aint getting neither from these guys so fo.

well played Fagan and i hope clarko comes back and wins a flag with them after this.

Absolute load of BS
It does feel like, given the seriousness of the allegations (including instructing a footballer and his wife to terminate a pregnancy), that something should have been substantiated by now.

If individuals at a club are doing that they're likely doing a whole bunch of other smaller things, and yet seemingly nada when it comes to corroborating evidence?

It's all very strange this. I know one thing for sure though: Jeff Kennett's a tosser.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2023, 07:09:42 PM »
North Melbourne will apply for AFL dispensation and extra money in the soft cap to help pay for Brett Ratten's interim senior coaching gig.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1665241613243916290