Author Topic: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]  (Read 22680 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond interested in Levi Greenwood & Dylan Shiel (afl site)
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2014, 08:44:01 AM »
how much have richmond offered him, how much have collingwood offered him and how much would you offer him?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2014, 08:47:06 AM »
I'd start at $1mil/3 years. See if that's anywhere near the mark.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »
I wouldn't be offering Greenwpod much.
I'm not completely convinced he can play! Yes he's had an ok year but so did Daniel Jackson last season. Only 52 games in 6 years with 22 of those this season. IMO his stats don't warrant paying big money for.
If he wants to come to us then let it happen but let's not get caught up in a bidding war over a player who's yet to proove anything.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2014, 09:40:26 AM »
I'm not completely convinced he can play! Yes he's had an ok year but so did Daniel Jackson last season. Only 52 games in 6 years with 22 of those this season. IMO his stats don't warrant paying big money for.
If he wants to come to us then let it happen but let's not get caught up in a bidding war over a player who's yet to proove anything.

List needs to improve, especially in the midfield where duds like Grigg are getting a game. We could always offer a guy like Dangerfield $6 million for 5 years, or for a third of that yearly cost you could get a bloke like Greenwood who has finally shrugged off his injury issues and had a great season.

Do you think our current list has the potential to win a flag? Otherwise, who should we be chasing to improve the list, and how much should be be looking to spend on them?

Honestly we're talking $300-400k/year max. It's not exactly a high price. You want a superstar you need to pay easily $500-600k/year for a cheapish one, and $700-1.2+year for a big name.

If North pays Higgins $400k/year surely we could throw $300-400k/year at a bloke like Greenwood.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
less greenwood more shiel
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2014, 10:04:30 AM »
Let dogs and pies battle it out and pay overs for Greenwood and snatch Howlett instead.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2014, 10:10:28 AM »

List needs to improve, especially in the midfield where duds like Grigg are getting a game. We could always offer a guy like Dangerfield $6 million for 5 years, or for a third of that yearly cost you could get a bloke like Greenwood who has finally shrugged off his injury issues and had a great season.

Do you think our current list has the potential to win a flag? Otherwise, who should we be chasing to improve the list, and how much should be be looking to spend on them?

Honestly we're talking $300-400k/year max. It's not exactly a high price. You want a superstar you need to pay easily $500-600k/year for a cheapish one, and $700-1.2+year for a big name.

If North pays Higgins $400k/year surely we could throw $300-400k/year at a bloke like Greenwood.

Your missing my point. I'd be happy to take Greenwood but not for overs.
All I'm saying is lets not get caught up in a bidding war with Collingwood over a 26yo who in reality for one reason or another has only played 50 games.
If Howlett is on the table then he is the exact player type we need to improve out list.
He is quick, can play both inside and out and has a great kick. If I were Richmond I'd be doing my darndest to get him to Tiger land😉

dwaino

« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »
I think Carlton are circling Howlett. Will surely start with their second pick so we might have to look at something like second round + someone like Elton? Would cost a bit but if you could get him in and still have our first pick to have a dip in the draft we'd be laughing as he would immediately improve the side.

tony_montana

« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »
Is that Howlett from the bombres?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »
Yes that Howlett. Battler IMO, nothing more.

tony_montana

« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »
Id prefer Greenwood tbh, Howlett has some talent and a big leap for his size but from what ive seen of him, he doesn't get the ball anywhere near enough, nor does he kick many goals. Good as a defensive fwd but can do better. Of course he did have a career best game against us not too long ago so lock it in eddie, he'll be a tiger.

As long as we don't pay overs Im all for getting another strong inside body to help out Miles and Cotch in the trenches. Like Andy said, 1 mill over 3 years is very reasonable for Greenwood imo, if we get outbid so be it. Howlett wouldnt be on my radar

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »
Howlett is poo

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2014, 11:31:09 AM »
Your missing my point. I'd be happy to take Greenwood but not for overs.
All I'm saying is lets not get caught up in a bidding war with Collingwood over a 26yo who in reality for one reason or another has only played 50 games.
If Howlett is on the table then he is the exact player type we need to improve out list.
He is quick, can play both inside and out and has a great kick. If I were Richmond I'd be doing my darndest to get him to Tiger land😉

Since comparo's are in atm, here Howlett VS Greenwood basic stats.

Howlett                    VS                 Greenwood

Age:              25 (21/10/88)                               25 (19/02/89)

Height:          180cm                                          181cm
Weight:          80kg                                             87kg

Games total:   97                                                74
Goals total:     47                                                26

Games '14:     21                                                22
Goals '14:       12                                                16
Av DT points:  77                                               101
Av Disp:          15                                                25
Av Kicks:          9                                                 15
Av HBalls:        7                                                 10
Av Marks:        4                                                   5
Av Tack:          6                                                   4
Av I50:            3                                                   4
Av: Reb50:       1                                                  1

So Greenwood maybe isn't as quick by foot and is 2 tackles down on Howlett. He is far superior everywhere else IMO. Has had a much better year than Howlett. Far bigger body also, and we need inside mids badly. Chimp is brave but not big enough/strong enough. Miles is brace and tougher than Chimp, but still not big enough. Thomas is crap. Jackson retired.

Who are our inside mid options now?

Inside mids:
Chimp (not big/tough enough, plenty courageous though)
Miles (not big enough, but tough/courageous enough)
Thomas (slow/crap)
Foley (not big enough)
Conca (not big enough)

Outside mids:
Deledio
Martin
Edwards
Ellis
Grigg (crap)

I see a massive deficiency of skill and size in our inside mid group. Getting blokes like Greenwood and Shiel would free up guys like Chimp to go forward or outside.

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2014, 11:53:49 AM »
we will not be getting Dylan from GWS and that's a gurantee. Greeenwood still up in the air as much as people don't like to hear there are very strong rumours pointing to mitch yep that's right robinson hardwick loves tough guys know that kingy probably our only real bloke that would throw a few punches is gone we need someone in to fly the flag and he could be it and get him at a buy as well

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »
Howlett is a spud
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH