Author Topic: Andy Hackouer  (Read 6724 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Andy Hackouer
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 10:39:54 PM »
common man!!!! his work in close was good, and look at his opponent in mcleod, he had no effect on the game, why!!! because krak kept him out of it.

Got to agree with JohnF here - McLeod had plenty of effect on the game. Granted he didn't have one of his 30+ disposal game but the run he gave them from the back half was damaging. I think nearly everyone of his disposals were effective and created something.

the only reason krak didnt get many touches was not his fault, it was the fault of our midfield and their disposal, biggest sinners again last night............ tiv and sugar!!!!

Sure the deliivery in the F50 was terrible but Krak wasn't the only one who had to put up with it and I reckon it is your fault when you don't chase and try and get the ball back >:(

Look at Richo he's been putting up with crap delivery for years and even on one leg last night he chased and chased. A few times last night Kraks efforts were questionable in that regard. Yes he does alot stuff at the bottome of packs but last night was not one his best

I reckon to bag Tivendale this week is simply not fair. Brian Royal was on the radio pre-match and explained what they wanted Tivendale to do last night - and that was not to bounce the thing as soon as he got it and look around for the best option. He did that last night and his decision making and subsequently his disposal showed marked improvement. If the coaches make a request and a player follows those instructions then they have done exactly what has been asked of them.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 10:46:10 PM »
At one stage he was tackled and looked like a little boy bouncing of a trampioline ffs.

Actually it's funny you mention that fOx - that was one thing that stood out last night how easily some of kids still get knocked off the ball. For example Andrew Raines in the centre (and I reckon Andy Raines is going to be a really good player long term) but the Crows were able to easily push him aside - serious lack of uppder body and leg strength (if that makes sense) - not trying to bag him just highlight the difference between blokes who are in the 5th, 6th+ season of AFL footy.

I reckon another big pre-season beckons for our younger blokes -  for improving upper body strength in particular
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 10:48:37 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 10:50:30 PM »
Andy - Hmmmm - I have stayed out of these as I admire the guy and he seems to have something but it is time he stepped up.
Lets face it 4 possesions aint gunna win games of footy. Backman can get these type of stats on a rare occasion and still be effective, but not forwards/midfielders.

1/ He is doing all the work and more required and has the desire and fire necessary but just isn't up to it. or
2/ Needs to do all of the above and more to become what I beleive he should be (A match winner).

Crossroads for crack - We have had these players with the potential tags for years and years and kept waiting at the detriment of the RFC - Time to make a statement Andy.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 10:51:36 PM »
Fact is Krakeour had a poo game, and got beaten by his opponent, case closed!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 10:54:35 PM »
At one stage he was tackled and looked like a little boy bouncing of a trampioline ffs.

Actually it's funny you mention that fOx - that was one thing that stood out last night how easily some of kids still get knocked off the ball. For example Andrew Raines in the centre (and I reckon Andy Raines is going to be a really good player long term) but the Crows were able to easily push him aside - serious lack of uppder body and leg strength (if that makes sense) - not trying to bag him just highlight the difference between blokes who are in the 5th, 6th+ season of AFL footy.

I reckon another big pre-season beckons for our younger blokes -  for improving upper body strength in particular

One of my beefs about the way the game is changing - What and I say again WHAT is wrong about getting the Rugby League blokes over once a month or so to teach these guys some tackling and balance strength exercise. They are 2 completly different games and could  advantage each other immensly in cetain areas.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 05:59:45 PM »
Fact is Krakeour had a pooh game, and got beaten by his opponent, case closed!

Spot on and as can be said for about 18 other blokes on Saturday night. Krakouer needs to work harder and do more.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Flashy Krakouer puts in cracker
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 03:23:36 AM »
Flashy Krakouer puts in cracker
03 July 2005   
Sunday Herald Sun
Scot Palmer

WE knew the father and the uncle, and we remember how league marketing people tried to fashion a slogan to suit their flamboyant style of play. Yesterday at the MCG we saw flashes of that old Krakouer magic again.

Andrew Krakouer, the shy son of Jim, turned the big arena in to his stage and sparked the Tigers' great escape.

After leading at one stage in the third quarter by 45 points, it was only the courage of players such as Krakouer, former captain Wayne Campbell and defender Darren Gaspar that staved off Sydney, enabling Richmond to cling on to a one-point win and their finals hopes.

Some will say the Tigers were lucky, but after winning three of the four quarters and absorbing one of the keenest finishes the Swans could muster they would have been unlucky to lose.

How many times would big Barry Hall be kept goalless? How many times would matchwinners Adam Goodes, Nick Davis and Michael O'Loughlin be held to average performances? And how often would a side win a game when for most of the last term it could not enter its 50m zone?

The gods, and little opportunists like Krakouer, were on Richmond's side yesterday when inexplicably the team went defensive when its plan should have been to attack.

Normally, Krakouer is known for his workmanlike in-and-under efforts, which had him selected in all of Richmond's games last year. But yesterday it was his play making and tackling that showed the Tigers the way, even in the desperate, last moments when Sydney scored five goals in a row, bringing the game to within a kick and sending footy historians scurrying for their records to see whether it was to be the Swans' best come-from-behind victory.

Coach Terry Wallace must have tried to get the message to his troops late in the match not to fear attacking, but their mindset had done a turnabout and most could think of only one thing; how to save four premiership points.

Key forward Matthew Richardson, with four goals, stood like a beacon in the Richmond scoring zone, while the game was played well away from him. He must have been horrified to see Amon Buchanan, Goodes and Jared Crouch bring the Swans to within seven points, then the brilliant O'Loughlin reduce it to only one as time-on started.

Meanwhile, though, Richmond's No. 27 appeared with the ball and disappeared under a pile of bodies as the Tigers desperately tried to hang on. Krakouer finished as Richmond's third-best possession getter with 14 kicks, nine handballs and three telling goals.

Richmond has always had faith that the slightly built Aborigine, picked up at No.41 in the 2000 national draft, would light up the 'G one day.

Well, it happened yesterday.

Maybe he will have a companion in Darwin recruit Richard Tambling, if two plays early in the game when vision, speed and accuracy were needed can be repeated in matches ahead. The pair have become close mates at Punt Rd and a new combination might have been formed.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,15802616%255E19771,00.html

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2005, 04:10:45 AM »
A step in the right direction. He won't do this week in week out until he does the recquisite training. I hope he does.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Andy Krakouer
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 04:20:17 AM »
Top stuff from Kraks. Really went in for the hard ball. Now he has to produce this sort of form as you said John week in week out and for it to become the norm not an annual or biannual occurence. He needs to back it up against the Bombers next week. No reason why he can't as he tore them to shreads in 2003.

Wallace was interviewed on 3aw after the match and said Krakouer knows he has to improve his fitness as in the past he has struggled to get from point A to B. He's been working hard lately on improving his fitness and today was a sign of it paying off. Terry said they decided to give him more time in the midfield this week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »
A step in the right direction. He won't do this week in week out until he does the recquisite training. I hope he does.

andy is gr8. hope all his knockers would just shut up!!! everyone bags him for being unfit but its not his fault he has been groomed and trained to play forward pocket!!! if he gets more game time in the middle and trains 4 that role of course he would get fitter! he was a best on ground yesterday and wayne (who in my mind is our captain still, and WILL PLAY ON NEXT YEAR, AS I KNOW THIS FROM INSIDE SOURCES) was a close second!!!

Bulluss

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2005, 11:35:02 AM »
No doubting that Andy played a terrific gam yesterday, as stated by others the challenge for him is to produce this on a more consistant basis rather than a couple of times a year.

X, this crap about him not being trained properly is a load of crap. Andy has been given opportunites to play in the midfield and it is up to him to do the extra work and to bust his arse so that he is ready and prepared to the play the midfield role. Sure game time in there helps but he has to put in the work away from game time to deserve the chance to play in that spot and he hasnt done that in the past. Hopefully he starts to get a bit more hungry and starts to pull his weight on the track, from the sounds of it he MAY be changing.

It will take more than just a couple of weeks of eating right and training hard though.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 12:51:14 PM »
I am a very avid Krakeour knocker, but yesterday he showed something he rarely does, he actually looked like he gave a stuff about the game!

When he does this, his pace and aggresion around the packs is invaulable, and seemingly rubs off in our other players.

IMO his fitness seemed better yesterday then for the whole of the season, wonder of he snuck in a no-doz or two!  :lol

If he keeps that sort of EFFORT level up every week then he will win me over.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2005, 06:11:36 AM »

X, this crap about him not being trained properly is a load of crap. Andy has been given opportunites to play in the midfield and it is up to him to do the extra work and to bust his behind so that he is ready and prepared to the play the midfield role. Sure game time in there helps but he has to put in the work away from game time to deserve the chance to play in that spot and he hasnt done that in the past. Hopefully he starts to get a bit more hungry and starts to pull his weight on the track, from the sounds of it he MAY be changing.

for a guy that does not have a natural solid frame, it will be very difficult to bulk him up, add weight and increase his aerobic fitness at the same time!!!  he does not need to get heavier, he laid the most tackles again on the w/e and was in every pack, he needs to stay nimble and agile, his fitness will improve every week if he continues to play full games onball. just wait and see.  and for all of u who say he cant mark over his head, open ur eyes. and the bonus is, once he gets fitter we will have an onballer who can hit a target thus hopefully they will take sugar out of the mix and make him a permanent hbflanker as he was in the adelaide prem team. his skills are shocking and as captain he must set the standard!!!!! as shown on the w/e wayne is still our only true captain, its its gr8 to hear he will play on next yr

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2005, 06:34:09 AM »
Krakouer can put on more lean muscle for explosiveness. He doesn't need to become a tank but for crying out loud he doesn't even look 'athletic'

X, Cambo has reiterated at least 5 times publicly that this will be his final year. He did it again after the the game on the weekend.

How reliable is this source of yours?

As for Kane Johnson he's been playing injured and has stillmanaged to contribute greatly just about every game. He has been good.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 06:37:35 AM by JohnF »

letsgetiton!

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2005, 06:42:06 AM »
Krakouer can put on more lean muscle for explosiveness. He doesn't need to become a tank but for crying out loud he doesn't even look 'athletic'

X, Cambo has reiterated at least 5 times publicly that this will be his final year. He did it again after the the game on the weekend.

How reliable is this source of yours?

As for Kane Johnson he's been playing injured and has stillmanaged to contribute greatly just about every game. He has been good.

my source is a good friend of mine who is waynes first cousin,  and he told me on th ew/e that wayne is telling everyone he wont play on because he is waiting to see how he finishes the yr off, as long he stays injury free in the remainder of teh yr he will def play on next yr in the same role as this yr. the only thing that will keep him away next yr is if he breaks dwn with injury in the remaining games this yr.

as 4 krak, he is no athlete and is faster than he looks, he just needs to work on his conistancy imo.  he is a natural footballer