Author Topic: Indigenous Players  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Indigenous Players
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 05:14:33 PM »
I asked the same question to our recruiting department and they informed me that there has been less quality Indigenous players available in the last few drafts because the NT and Northern Queensland have been zoned to the new teams.

That's a shame isn't it really, but an interesting reason as to why.

Is it a satisfactory reason in your eyes?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »
Would like to see more indigenous players playing for the club. Agree playing for the club should be based on merit not on skin colour but more effort should be putting into recruiting indigenous players.  Clubs such as Hawthorn, Carlton and the Swans have benefitted greatly from putting in a real effort with regards to the recruitment of indigenous players. We have had some fantastic indigenous players in the past and there is no reason why if we put the necessary resources into it we can't have future indigenous champions.

Spot on with the intent of my thread, good to see the more mentally mature people understand.

al....your post is so far off the mark its actually embarrassing mate. :-\
really.
are you not saying you want more indigenous players at the club?
if so how do you propose that is done without compromising our current selection criteria?

Yes, but that has nothing to do with skin colour..

DEVELOPMENT!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
I asked the same question to our recruiting department and they informed me that there has been less quality Indigenous players available in the last few drafts because the NT and Northern Queensland have been zoned to the new teams.

Well you cant recruit what's not there can you...

al and smokey, why the bloody witch hunt, the thread was intended to view peoples thoughts on improving our indigenous recruitment and development, as well as to ask why we don't recruit more indigenous players most understood it!! Nothing to do with skin colour or stuffing social agendas!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
oh you are talking about development!

and when you opened the thread with
I would really like the RFC to recruit more Indigenous players

I actually thought you were talking about recruitment.

Really I should have known better, but you can see how i made that mistake?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 05:42:51 PM »

READ IT AGAIN...

"al and smokey, why the bloody witch hunt, the thread was intended to view peoples thoughts on improving our indigenous recruitment and development, as well as to ask why we don't recruit more indigenous players most understood it!! Nothing to do with skin colour or stuffing social agendas!!"

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »

al and smokey, why the bloody witch hunt, the thread was intended to view peoples thoughts on improving our indigenous recruitment and development, as well as to ask why we don't recruit more indigenous players most understood it!! Nothing to do with skin colour or stuffing social agendas!!
Its not a witch hunt. The answer is pretty obvious, and simple, if you just think about it.

There is really only two possible answers to that question, and one is pretty unsavory and not very likely. The more likely answer is out of the control of RFC, so they cannot change it.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 05:48:26 PM »

READ IT AGAIN...

"al and smokey, why the bloody witch hunt, the thread was intended to view peoples thoughts on improving our indigenous recruitment and development, as well as to ask why we don't recruit more indigenous players most understood it!! Nothing to do with skin colour or stuffing social agendas!!"
That is my mistake, that was in reply to;
Yes, but that has nothing to do with skin colour..

DEVELOPMENT!!!!!

I should have quoted it.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 06:14:35 PM »

It's not a witch hunt from me at all WAT, I just completely disagree with your thoughts of needing to recruit more indigenous players.  I don't give any creedence to any thinking along the lines that racial or ethnic background gives you special skills or advantages.  A player is a player is a player regardless of where they are from or who they pray for in my eyes and I want our club to secure the best of those players wherever and however they find them.  I couldn't give a rat's clacker if they're indigenous or not and I don't think you will find any stats that suggest it is worth adopting a plan to spend a disproportionate amount of time or money chasing players from a particular societal group (and I include Ireland in that).  Stop taking it personally just because I don't agree with your point of view, and to suggest that those who don't are not "more mentally mature" - really?  You expect to be taken seriously when that's your line of argument?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 07:37:54 PM »
I think Al and WAT should have their own chat show
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

gerkin greg

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
Between Two Ferns

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 08:47:51 PM »

It's not a witch hunt from me at all WAT, I just completely disagree with your thoughts of needing to recruit more indigenous players.  I don't give any creedence to any thinking along the lines that racial or ethnic background gives you special skills or advantages.  A player is a player is a player regardless of where they are from or who they pray for in my eyes and I want our club to secure the best of those players wherever and however they find them.  I couldn't give a rat's clacker if they're indigenous or not and I don't think you will find any stats that suggest it is worth adopting a plan to spend a disproportionate amount of time or money chasing players from a particular societal group (and I include Ireland in that).  Stop taking it personally just because I don't agree with your point of view, and to suggest that those who don't are not "more mentally mature" - really?  You expect to be taken seriously when that's your line of argument?

Smoke, I couldn't give a stuff if you agree or not, that's what a forum is all about, but I hoped you would of understood the context of the thread. I think you are missing it, go back are read the post from eliminator..summed up in one!

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »
Maybe for political correctness sake there should be a quota of indigenous players per side

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 09:18:18 PM »
Maybe for political correctness sake there should be a quota of indigenous players per side

Well Chuck believe it or not that is exactly how it works in many industries and it is very prevalent in the mining industry, has been for years.

I am not saying I agree with it in football but it could very well work as the process has been very successful in the workplace.

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
If we get a gay black Muslim this is excellent for diversty :clapping

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame