Author Topic: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2014, 05:35:46 PM »
Chaplin, Houli, Newman Foley stood out for mine - Grigg, Conca Hampson not far off

You've named a third of the team there Tony but left out Grimes ? I thought him and Foley were our worst. Grimes got smashed by Yarran when he was on him. Barely got a kick all nite or laid a tackle or anything ? He's short of a gallop. Dimma shoulda let him find form in the magoos.
 Also Dimma singled Newman out for special praise in his post match presser. What did he see that we didn't ?

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2014, 05:49:32 PM »
Grimes was good doing what he was suppossed to do and had no more chance stopping Yarran than lovechild Rance would have.....Morris is meant to be our mosquito swatter.... where was he?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:37 PM »
 I actually thought Grimes was ok in the first half Dice, fell away in the second which is understandable. Maybe if Rance was playing he wouldn't have come into the side? Agree he looked short of a gallop hence why Im not critiquing him too harshly. Asking him to play on Yarran had disaster written all over it, truth of the matter is, whether it was Morris, Houli or Grimes, yarran was having a day out. Conca and hampson tried hard but were beaten by their better opponents, no shame and Im not dirty on them, just added them in to make up the op's quota :)

As for Newman, got no idea, got me stuffed tbh mate.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:17 PM »
funny how we all see things different.

I agree with dice on grimes and foley, although subs dont normally get praise unless they do something dynamic.

I thought newman did some good stuff when he went down back later in the game when we were under siege.

as i was witnessing it i remembered my questioning of why dice wanted Newman to return to the backline  ;D

Am i the only that when seeing grimes running hard for the ball i am expecting his hamstring to ping.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2014, 06:13:27 PM »
on the radio  they were giving petterd votes , maybe if you watched the game rather than spend 4q at the bar you might see it differently,  ::)

Well good for "the radio"....maybe if you weren't a senile old fool who constantly talks out of his "clacker", I'd give a poo.

:lol

:bow

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2014, 06:40:49 PM »
Morris is meant to be our mosquito swatter.... where was he?

Busy trying to stop Garlett !

the claw

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »
in order for me.
conca - two in a row and he looks out of his depth. always panics and rushed.
chaplin - sheesh go back two yrs and what we got the first two rounds is exactly what port fans went on about.
grimes - was invisible at times just didnt do enough and got pantsed.
king - another who just doesnt do enough.
grigg - ffs he has to go. im getting on in age and id love to play on this weak prick.
deledio - to fall away so much injured or not was not good. if he was injured why not sub him out.

once again there were plenty of candidates who are lucky not to get a mention.

for what its worth i thought griffiths had a pretty decent game. id take his game over what vickery gave despite vickerys 4 goals.astbury stood up and did a decent job, and im giving petterd some kudos thought his game was more than servicable credit where its due eh.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »
in order for me.
chaplin - sheesh go back two yrs and what we got the first two rounds is exactly what port fans went on about.
grigg - ffs he has to go. im getting on in age and id love to play on this weak prick.
deledio - to fall away so much injured or not was not good. if he was injured why not sub him out.

for what its worth i thought griffiths had a pretty decent game. id take his game over what vickery gave despite vickerys 4 goals.astbury stood up and did a decent job, and im giving petterd some kudos thought his game was more than servicable credit where its due eh.

If Vickery kicks 5 goals in a match will you say he had a good game?

dwaino

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »
in order for me.

But if you take away the goals what is left?

the claw

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2014, 08:17:02 PM »
in order for me.

that will depend.
did i say he had a poor game. i said griffiths was better.
ffs vickery touched the ball just 7 times is that acceptable.
he worked hard lead at the ball took a couple of contested  marks one over a 179cm  player.  laid a decent tackle which resulted in a goal . he also did nothing for a huge part of the game id call his game servicable and it would not want to drop off even a tiny bit.
who had the better game griffiths or vickery give me griffiths game anyday.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
in order for me.

that will depend.
did i say he had a poor game. i said griffiths was better.
ffs vickery touched the ball just 7 times is that acceptable.
he worked hard lead at the ball took a couple of contested  marks one over a 179cm  player.  laid a decent tackle which resulted in a goal . he also did nothing for a huge part of the game id call his game servicable and it would not want to drop off even a tiny bit.
who had the better game griffiths or vickery give me griffiths game anyday.

If he kicks 4 goals then yes 7 touches is acceptable, no Vickery last night no win

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
Yeah bit harsh there santa I have to say...since when are key forwards expected to rack up possessions? They're not midfielders.

Morris is meant to be our mosquito swatter.... where was he?

Busy trying to stop Garlett !

Garlett looked to me like he was mainly playing of half back and only popping up forward. He & Yarran were named at HF & HB respectively before the match but pretty sure Malthouse switched that for most of the match.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »
on the radio  they were giving petterd votes , maybe if you watched the game rather than spend 4q at the bar you might see it differently,  ::)

Well good for "the radio"....maybe if you weren't a senile old fool who constantly talks out of his "clacker", I'd give a poo.
24 possies at 75% 6 marks, yeah he was woeful :lol...and who you calling old sucker , I'm only a bit older than dustin fletcher  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2014, 11:13:16 PM »
in order for me.

But if you take away the goals what is left?
i know your taking the pee but an honest answer to that would be. not a lot.
it leaves
3k, 1hb, 1 tckle, 0 marks, 1behind. geezus he didnt even compete for a hit out.
all im saying is yep he snagged a few  but he didnt do a hell of lot else other than tryhard and compete. it wasnt a great game by anyones standards.

to become a good player he just has to add to his game.  an awful lot of weeks the goals will dry up what then?  this is it in a nutshell with him.
everyone hanging their hats on 4 goals.
anyway good on him he kicked 4 3 of which were well deserved he competed much better gave more contests layed a tackle and played in front more. but 4 goals or not his overall game was just servicable. you would never ever want to see it drop away. he has many areas he needs to be better in. after last week it was a step in the right direction.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:16:35 AM by the claw »

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2014, 12:14:24 AM »

:lol

Now that is funny ! Nearly spat me beer on the keyboard reading that.

ironic that the most courageous act Grigg's ever done was last night....unfortunately it was his own teammate he collected.

:cheers