Author Topic: Richmond needs to give Jack Riewoldt a chance to kick goals: Robbo (H-Sun)  (Read 2597 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
 :rollin
Been saying it for ages
No you havent.

Trying to bait on this thread now....grow up!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

reckon over the last two yrs contested marks for jack has dramatically dropped of. actually contesting the ball in the air as well. id also say probably 80 90% of his goals have been opportunistic crumb like goals. hes kicking 50 60 odd a yr and that stat alone is covering over the cracks in the rest of his game.
reckon the way its going we should be looking to play riewoldt more as a third tall option than a kpf. the trouble is vickery plays like a flanker as well and there is no other kpf options atm.we cant have both kpfs becoming invisible throughout games.
the whole idea of having two kpfs and a ruck fwd is to allow at least one to get off the leash if the other is being held.

the concern with both jack and vickery in particular  is this. if they dont snag 3 or so goals their output and contributions in most other areas makes em a liability.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Never understand why Hardwick specified wanting less goals from Riewoldt rather than just wanting more goals from the side as a whole.

All Hardwick managed to achieve with his stupid proclamation was to mess with Riewoldt's head and the heads of those delivering the ball in ...no small coincidence our forward line's been completely dysfuctional since he said it.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
did he say less goals or less reliance? (ie less percentage of our goals)

I think what he was saying is that we need to be more dimensional than just kick it to jack.

One of the big issues in recent times is the ball being blazed away in his direction when he has two or three enemy hanging off him and all hardwick wanted was for there to be more options and for those delivering the ball to look for the best option.

I know you look for anything to hang it on hardwick, but geez, do you really want a one dimensional forward line where all the opposition has to do is double team the sole focal point?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why the stuff is Jack not just left where he plays best. I hope the hell people don't blame Jack for this, Hardwick clearly plays him out of position all the time!!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why the stuff is Jack not just left where he plays best. I hope the hell people don't blame Jack for this, Hardwick clearly plays him out of position all the time!!!!

Agreed, but the delivery into our FWD50 is horrible anyway, he probably wouldnt be much better off at this stage.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
The treatment of Jack by our footy club has been a disgrace.

Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
The treatment of Jack by our footy club has been a disgrace.

x 2, he Hardwick has stuffed him for the year!! He stuffed Griff for 3 years and he will also stuff Martin!!! :banghead

"Rucks:

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Griff about the only big guy that's visible on the ground.
Go Tigers!

Rampstar

Jack may as well pack his bags and go home for the rest of the game - doesnt have any interest in the game today does Jack - very disappointing for a highly paid player.

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Jack may as well pack his bags and go home for the rest of the game - doesnt have any interest in the game today does Jack - very disappointing for a highly paid player.

Jack was disappointed getting dropped from the leadership group.  He's got a massive opportunity to show some leadership in the second half.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Jack in the forward 50 has now assisted in both our shots on goal, but Cotch just mist :banghead

"Rucks:

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
What happens to the team when jack plays deep forward.. hmmmm

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
What happens to the team when jack plays deep forward.. hmmmm

Do you think Damien will now leave him there???? NO!!!

"Rucks:

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame

Jack was disappointed getting dropped from the leadership group.  He's got a massive opportunity to show some leadership in the second half.

... and he chose to stand up!