Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 122906 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]
« Reply #705 on: October 18, 2023, 09:34:37 PM »
I'll miss the big fella.

Met him at Doncaster once at a great restaurant called Miss Pings, with Markov and another 1-2 I forget.

Really nice guy. Gentle giant.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #706 on: October 18, 2023, 10:02:27 PM »
That knee injury really stalled his career .
I don’t think he’ll ever be first ruck but he he’ll be useful for Port .
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #707 on: October 18, 2023, 10:32:09 PM »
Well hes gone and i still maintain he had too many deficiencies. Good tap ruckman but lacking in most other areas.

Reckon we made off like thieves in this deal.

Big Ivan sheesh 10 years in the system just 58 games still not a good mark and poor kick. Consistently few disposals and consistently been a battler.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #708 on: October 19, 2023, 11:02:41 AM »
But when he kicked a goal we would win

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #709 on: October 19, 2023, 03:29:56 PM »
I am just glad I dont have to watch him on game day fumbling and bumbling his way through a footy match

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2023, 03:34:05 PM »
I am just glad I dont have to watch him on game day fumbling and bumbling his way through a footy match

Except when we play Port and it'll be far more enjoyable to watch.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2023, 03:55:26 PM »

Except when we play Port and it'll be far more enjoyable to watch.... :shh
True that

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2023, 04:02:03 PM »
Cue kane cornes frothing at Soldo and how he’s the second coming of Polly farmer

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: October 20, 2023, 09:20:39 AM »

And that’s just handling his water bottle.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2023, 11:04:22 PM »
Richmond traded Ivan Soldo to Port Adelaide late in the trade period, having finally relented after his plea to release him to be the Power’s No.1 ruckman.

The Tigers believed he would have departed as an unrestricted free agent next year and likely only secured them second-round compensation in return.

Instead, they traded him for pick 41 and Fremantle’s future second-round selection, and will immediately bring Naismith back in as cover.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/news/afl-delisted-free-agency-period-richmond-to-sign-former-sydney-ruckman-sam-naismith/news-story/c4796a53b57b68aaf0db56dc8db0901d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #716 on: November 07, 2023, 10:41:59 AM »
I hope he does really well over there. Good luck big Ivvy

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #717 on: November 07, 2023, 04:10:24 PM »
This thread should be closed for any postings/pics of Soldo unless his missus is in them

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #718 on: November 08, 2023, 09:17:59 AM »
Ha ha
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #719 on: February 05, 2024, 12:27:38 AM »
THE REASON SOLDO PUSHED FOR PORT TRADE DESPITE RICHMOND’S WISH TO RETAIN HIM

By Lachlan Geleit
SEN
4 Feb 2024

New Port Adelaide ruckman Ivan Soldo has revealed why he pursued a move to Alberton from Richmond last trade period.

Soldo played 57 games in the yellow and black from 2015 to 2023 - including the 2019 premiership - but was often behind captain Toby Nankervis in the ruck pecking order.

That turned out to be the main reason behind Soldo’s wish to depart the club with the 27-year-old pushing for a chance to be first-choice at Port Adelaide despite Richmond wanting to retain his services.

“It was the decision my management and I decided would be the best move for me considering the circumstances I was under, and Port Adelaide were under,” Soldo explained on SEN Sportsday SA.

“We decided that the move over would be the best thing for my career to hopefully get some success over here.

“It was an interesting point with Richmond, the head coach ‘Dimma’ (Damien Hardwick) had left and there were a few blokes retiring.

“Obviously, there was communication from Richmond throughout the trade period that they wanted to retain me, but with the discussions my manager and I had across the year, we were always looking elsewhere to see if another opportunity could come my way.

“When it eventually came down to it, it was that this would be the best move for me.

“We got to that decision, it took a while, but we got there.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/02/04/the-reason-soldo-pushed-for-port-trade-despite-richmonds-wish-to-retain-him/