Author Topic: Brian Harris a Tiger in 2005!  (Read 3647 times)

PuntRdRoar

Brian Harris a Tiger in 2005!
« on: June 04, 2004, 04:41:10 AM »
My understanding is that Bulldogs fullback Brian Harris has a growing list of admirers down at Punt Road. With Gaspar on the nose at Punt Road and the Dogs precarious position...Ive been told that Harris is as close to the number 1 recruiting target for next season as you can get. Whilst HArris isnt the biggest name on the potentials list...hes height and ability to fill a key defence post for the next 8 to 10 years has made him a priority...and probably at about $250,000 a year less than Gaspar. Ihavent seen this guy play alot...Im just passing on what Ive heard. Can someone tell me if he is the right guy for us to be targeting as a potential FB/CHB!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Brian Harris a Tiger in 2005!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 06:49:16 AM »
The doggies supporters will love us just that little bit more than they already do if it's true.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline richmond bulldust

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We\'re From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 03:45:05 PM »
my sources tell me you are a tool, Brian Harris is at least a bulldug till 2006, according to his contract anyway. Another rubbish thread

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 04:23:08 PM »
I don't think he's the answer anyway. He'll be lucky to play 6 or 7 more years of league footy imo. Having said that, I haven't seen him play that much, only on a handful of occasions, so its not a learned opinion.

Ox

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 04:35:22 PM »
my sources tell me you are a tool, Brian Harris is at least a bulldug till 2006, according to his contract anyway. Another rubbish thread

A Troll!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 04:38:10 PM »
Brian Harris is at least a bulldug till 2006, according to his contract anyway.

Well said Ox. Don't feed the trolls.

Nothing to do with Harris but just because a player has a contract doesn't mean he can't be traded. Ben Holland was traded by us to Melbourne with still a year to go on his contract. As was Justin Blumfield when Essendon traded him to us. The only stipulation is that the current contract must be continued to its maturity. In other words the new Club has to either pay the player what he was getting at his old club or both clubs come to an agreement to split the payment in some fashion.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 04:42:12 PM »
Hope it's correct because i had some fun at work today telling all me bullie mates he was coming to Richmond lol

They were not amused  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 04:44:09 PM »
Hope it's correct because i had some fun at work today telling all me bullie mates he was coming to Richmond lol

They were not amused  ;D

Stirrer ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 04:48:03 PM »
Anything i can do to make their lives miserable lol - sorry, more miserable  ;D

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 05:08:09 PM »

LOL @ our first troll

see we are starting to have ppl take notice!!!
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Ox

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 05:13:54 PM »
All the Bulldog supporters I know are good blokes,probably the best out of the bunch IMO.

Offline richmond bulldust

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We\'re From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 11:16:31 AM »
A troll: An outrageous message posted to a newsgroup or mailing list or message board to bait people to answer. Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion.

My post hardly constitues a troll. its not THAT outrageous  :-\ , but it seems to have taken over the discusssion...
The first post, however, fits the bill. It is outrageous, and it baited me to answer!
Just my opinion of a stupid, stupid post. What i wrote is all that really needed to be said about it.