Author Topic: Rate our 2014 draft effort  (Read 6222 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Rate our 2014 draft effort
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 12:19:22 AM »
Wasn't too excited about Ellis but after researching our later picks I think we've done well. Really like the look of the 'Due and McPlugger.

Offline Tommy

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 01:18:10 AM »
I hope none of them read the great encouragement you lot of clowns have given them.

Grow up you lot.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 01:32:03 AM »
I reckon time will tell that we did well out of this draft.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 03:10:20 AM »
Honestly cant see what the fuss is about, we asked for more speed and that's what we now have, we asked for more midfielders and we got that too. All players appear to have very good skills and i especially like the look of Drummond, reminds me a bit of Adam Cooney. Even Butler seems to have something special. In regards to Menadue holy crap, he has some serious toe, even if he is only 69kgs if he gets clear than how does body weight really matter. Even McKenzie has a serious upside if he can get rid of some of the puppy fat he could be anything, might nickname him "Velcro", steel traps for hands, didn't see one fumble during his highlights package.

Overall very happy with picks, think Ellis will be something special, should mature very nicely given the other midfielders he has to learn from.

Lets face it, the draft can be a lottery at the best of times so you just never know but on face value the picks tonight do appear to tick all the boxes.

You will be booted off this forum soon for being so positive ....first warning ;)
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 04:08:16 AM »
Doesn't prove anything but some opposition fans (on BF) thought Richmond did well:

-----------------------------------------------

Richmond- Biggest winner of the bunch,... Good disposer of the footy in ellis, genuine steal at 33 with Menadue, athletic freak at 52 with drummond, x factor in butler and could be a westhoff type pick at 77 with McKenzie.

------------------------------------------

The sides I thought did really well

1. My old side Essendon did well, Langford who could be anything and Laverde who I can't believe lasted till pick 20.
2. West Coast, adressed their weaknesses.
3. Richmond- Ellis is a solid pick, more impressed with the other picks.

-------------------------------------------

On reflection, Corey Ellis + Menadue + others is a good balance for Richmond .

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/winners-and-losers-in-the-draft.1082824/page-3

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 04:40:29 AM »

Happy that we picked 5 local lads. (no go home factor)

Lots of speed and a monster replacement for Jack in 5 years time.

But they are all kids who will need time.

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 05:03:10 AM »
Honestly cant see what the fuss is about, we asked for more speed and that's what we now have, we asked for more midfielders and we got that too. All players appear to have very good skills and i especially like the look of Drummond, reminds me a bit of Adam Cooney. Even Butler seems to have something special. In regards to Menadue holy crap, he has some serious toe, even if he is only 69kgs if he gets clear than how does body weight really matter. Even McKenzie has a serious upside if he can get rid of some of the puppy fat he could be anything, might nickname him "Velcro", steel traps for hands, didn't see one fumble during his highlights package.

Overall very happy with picks, think Ellis will be something special, should mature very nicely given the other midfielders he has to learn from.

Lets face it, the draft can be a lottery at the best of times so you just never know but on face value the picks tonight do appear to tick all the boxes.

Spot on greatpost.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 07:08:14 AM »
Who gives a flying stuff is what I say

The club is a joke and will continue to be one no with Hackson the head recruiter

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 07:26:32 AM »
Excellennnnnnnnnnnnnt :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »
What's below laughable? :lol
Seriously would have preferred Laverde or Duggan at 12 to Ellis, but at least there was a pattern to the recruiting. Get a class ball extractor (with no pace) and fill the list with elite outside runners (Menadue, Drummond, Butler). Then get a power forward that can lead and leave a gap between himself and the backman.

Ummm laughable??? - you do realise that Duggan went before pick 12 at # 11 to West Coast Eagles and Laverde went #20 and was Essendon's second pick? Hahaha your too funny - I like your jokes.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 10:07:06 AM »
Still can't believe we didn't trade for (a second) a top 10-30 draft pick

It's quite upsetting to see drugcheatfc do seemingly well.

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 10:16:45 AM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2014-sam-landsbergers-club-by-club-analysis/story-fnp04d70-1227137519210

RICHMOND

Another blue-chip first-round Tigers pick in hard-nosed midfielder Corey Ellis. The small but speedy Connor Menadue fell to 33 and to land 196cm, 100kg power forward Reece McKenzie at No. 77 a great result. The Saints and Crows considered him much earlier.

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
RICHMOND

SEBASTIAN SAYS: Richmond were mere bystanders during the October trade period, indicating the Tigers have belief in their current list and only wanted to add some more young talent to it. With their first pick (12) they landed the hard running and well skilled Corey Ellis who has a great inside and outside game. Connor Menadue is a lightly built running backman that in time will release the likes of Nick Vlastuin into a midfield role. Nathan Drummond is an elite kick, Daniel Butler is a small forward that applies great pressure and Reece McKenzie is a tall forward option that has great hands and dominates marking contests inside the forward 50. Prior to the draft, the Tigers promoted rookie Anthony Miles who had a barnstorming finish to 2014.

PICKS:
 12. Corey Ellis – 185cms, 76kgs, midfielder from Western Jets, VIC.
 33. Connor Menadue – 188cms, 69kgs, midfielder/defender from Western Jets, VIC.
 52. Nathan Drummond – 181cms, 85kgs, midfielder from Murray Bushrangers, VIC.
 67. Daniel Butler – 182cms, 78kgs, midfielder from North Ballarat Rebels, VIC.
 77. Reece McKenzie – 196cms, 100kgs, key forward/ruckman from Northern Knights, VIC.

RATING: B- Did very well with the picks they had. Ellis has the tools to become a very good midfielder.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2014/11/27/afl-draft-2014-club-fare/#./?&_suid=1417130228978019898723267202634

tony_montana

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 11:50:40 AM »
Heard the experts like shifter sheehan etc talking about KPP's. Basically said there is a definite correlation of talls that make the grade at afl level also dominated at  TAC level too.  Very rare for a tall that didnt dominate at TAC level to suddenly step up and become an elite big man at AFL level.

At face value I am really happy with how we've gone this draft. Rare to see us take 5 kids. Think Ellis will push for selection immediately, add T.Hunt to that and you would expect an immediate improvement. All our picks fill a list need. Nice work Tigers.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »
Still can't believe we didn't trade for (a second) a top 10-30 draft pick

It's quite upsetting to see drugcheatfc do seemingly well.

Yep
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018