Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171376 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2016, 06:53:09 PM »
As per Georgie

Keeper. Will get promoted

Scary that our supposedly totally incompetent recruiting department look like they've got 2 good ones here

Throw in Mrakov, Menadue, Rioli and ...welll...struth....it's scary  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2016, 06:59:47 PM »
Can't wait to see Markov next year, after a good pre season and some weights.. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »
As per Georgie

Scary that our supposedly totally incompetent recruiting department look like they've got 2 good ones here

Aren't those picks since Clarke has had more of a say?

Do they excuse Moneyblair's retreads?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2016, 07:57:21 PM »
As per Georgie

Are you implying that our recruiting has been good?

Do you think Betamax should get an extension?

What are you saying WP?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2016, 09:45:07 PM »

What are you saying WP?

What I'm saying is that it looks like they may have got a few right in the last few years.

No our recruiting hasn't been great, far from it but in fairness they have got a few right.

Just think good picks should be acknowledged and credit given. But it seems no matter what whacks are the only thing some get, no matter what. ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2016, 10:30:58 PM »
Thats fair enough too WP

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2016, 09:29:53 PM »
Initially worried too vanilla at his size

However his kicking is smooth, looks a prospect
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2016, 10:03:15 PM »
Yes , definitely a keeper.

An upgrade on Stevie Morris .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2016, 11:58:46 PM »
will enjoy watching him keep betts goalless... if it hapens

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2016, 05:13:43 AM »

What are you saying WP?

What I'm saying is that it looks like they may have got a few right in the last few years.

No our recruiting hasn't been great, far from it but in fairness they have got a few right.

Just think good picks should be acknowledged and credit given. But it seems no matter what whacks are the only thing some get, no matter what. ;D

Even a broken clock is right twice a day
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
Love his dare with his kicking and his overall kicking skills are elite, but one thing Ive noticed is he doesnt tackle much? He's hard at it and not afraid to take the hits so not questioning him. But at richmond we seem to have a habit of turning our "quarterback" into a soft receiver that doesnt do the hard stuff - ie Houli, Newman and Bowden before. Its great to be the go to man coming out of 50 but please dont let him drift away from the basics of defending.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »
Love his dare with his kicking and his overall kicking skills are elite, but one thing Ive noticed is he doesnt tackle much? He's hard at it and not afraid to take the hits so not questioning him. But at richmond we seem to have a habit of turning our "quarterback" into a soft receiver that doesnt do the hard stuff - ie Houli, Newman and Bowden before. Its great to be the go to man coming out of 50 but please dont let him drift away from the basics of defending.

Tbf I don't think deledio / vlastuin are soft (other disagree rightly or wrongly) or martin when the supercoach plays him back. Markov, c Ellis, George seem to have some go in them too

Agreed short doesn't seem to tackle much but he was always going to have some flaws to be drafted so late, and being tiny.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »

Tbf I don't think deledio / vlastuin are soft (other disagree rightly or wrongly) or martin when the supercoach plays him back. Markov, c Ellis, George seem to have some go in them too

Agreed short doesn't seem to tackle much but he was always going to have some flaws to be drafted so late, and being tiny.

Taking it OT a bit but Vlastuin is crap at the quarterback role - doesnt get it anywhere near enough - is wasted down back and currently is nothing more than an average player. Thanks for bringing up Lids, was very outside/unaccountable doing this role and after a while teams started going through his direct opponent. Thats my point, why does it need to be so extreme?

Classic quarterback is Heater - learnt early on in his career that he also needs to defend - I recall teams early in his career used to drag him to the goal square and he'd get beaten but MM persevered and let him learn a valuable lesson and has now been one of the best all round defenders in the game.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »
IMO the classic sweeper (change terminology before dioc has an aneurysm ) is hodge - 2008 gf. Not just playmaking with the ball but also defending like Rommel. Vlastuin is ok but wasted should be in the guts

Respectfully disagree Deledio in the backline, does it well in comparison most look average - Houli. Vlastuin. Short. Lids won an aa or two in this role. Got 15 odd touches in a quarter a few weeks ago... He has suffered from being thrown around to be me fix-it by poor coaching ideals.

Takes marks. Goes hard. Wins ball. Most hodge like since hodge. For example, is argue he's a long way ahead of short in this role or otherwise.

Rance obviously has changed the game again by how he plays   Heath shaw bit overrated for mine.

tony_montana

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »
Hodge is Boss at that role

I used Shaw as an example  bc I wanted to show a player that probably wasnt hard as a cats head early on in the piece was able to be developed from a player that was unaccountable to someone who learnt to defend well.