Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171354 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2016, 07:43:45 PM »

There is a stat you missed- 3x Premiership player. Makes all the other numbers sound pretty stupid.

Well stuff I guess that makes Mitch Morton and anyone else with a premiership medal better than anyone on our team. Puopolo must be better than GAJ too :gobdrop
Only an idiot would make that comparison. So congratulations.
When you/others compare stats of players that play different rolls in their teams, especially 3x premiership players,  it's pretty senseless and pointless. Most with a brain would make that distinction but you being an idiot obviously didn't. So congrats again.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2016, 07:49:39 PM »
All I hear is loud noises
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2016, 08:54:31 PM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2016, 09:00:03 PM »

There is a stat you missed- 3x Premiership player. Makes all the other numbers sound pretty stupid.

Well stuff I guess that makes Mitch Morton and anyone else with a premiership medal better than anyone on our team. Puopolo must be better than GAJ too :gobdrop
When you/others compare stats of players that play different rolls in their teams, especially 3x premiership players,  it's pretty senseless and pointless. Most with a brain would make that distinction but you being an idiot obviously didn't. So congrats again.

:):lol :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2016, 09:17:47 PM »
I love lamp. I love....table.....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2016, 10:04:44 PM »

agreed.

The use of the premierships played in stat to say that one player is better than another should only be used selectively and when it suits.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »

LMFAO. I think if we are point scoring thats a knock out. Now as one of very few posters whose opinion on players i am prepared to trust to a degree !!!  where do you think Short sits in the scheme of things.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2016, 01:00:17 AM »

The only idiot is the one who uses premierships medals as some sort of quantifier for a players abilities. The idiocy is only compounded by then claiming you can't compare two players by stats after they compared said players themselves.  :lol Funny that I didn't make the distinction when I never compared Puopolo and Short to begin with :wallywink

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2016, 09:40:07 PM »

The only idiot is the one who uses premierships medals as some sort of quantifier for a players abilities. The idiocy is only compounded by then claiming you can't compare two players by stats after they compared said players themselves.  :lol Funny that I didn't make the distinction when I never compared Puopolo and Short to begin with :wallywink
You just proved yourself to be the idiot I think you are. I didn't compare the two players.  Go back and have a look and if you are any sort of a man you'll say you are an idiot and we can all move on with the conformation from the idiot that you are indeed an idiot. Congratulations  :wallywink

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2016, 10:01:44 PM »
My cock is bigger than yours
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2016, 10:03:21 PM »
Owls don't have big ones. FACT. :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2016, 12:10:40 AM »
You just proved yourself to be the idiot I think you are. I didn't compare the two players.  Go back and have a look and if you are any sort of a man you'll say you are an idiot and we can all move on with the conformation from the idiot that you are indeed an idiot. Congratulations  :wallywink

Congrats and deserved :cheers short is next to jack as far as footy smarts go.....and his kicking :bow
Is he as good as puopolo?
You are all dreaming if you think he is any good

Jayden Short.                             Paul Puopolo
20yo 16 games                           23yo    133 games
Height 177.   72kg.                     Height  173.    78kg
Averages.                                   Averages
Disposals 14.88                           Disposals 14.71
Kicks 11.81                                 Kicks 7.41
Marks 3.38.                                 Marks 2.41
Handballs 3.06                            Handballs 7.81
Goals 0.38                                  Goals 0.98

If it's Puopolo we're comparing with he's tracking along quite nicely....
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jayden_Short.html
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/P/Paul_Puopolo.html

There is your comparison right there you nuffer. So are you now man enough to admit you're in fact the idiot?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2016, 03:18:21 AM »
Owls don't have big ones. FACT. :lol

Man, its gonna be a long off season

You got anything you can prescribe doc?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2016, 08:49:16 AM »

Congrats and deserved :cheers short is next to jack as far as footy smarts go.....and his kicking :bow

There is your comparison right there you nuffer. So are you now man enough to admit you're in fact the idiot?

Just so it is clear to everyone my interpretation is as follows;

* Big Note didn't put up the initial comparison
* Big Note however did add to the initial comparison by adding another comparison factor ie premierships
* Big Note then went on to say because Puopolo was a premiership player x 3 that the other comparison factors where all stupid

To summarise Big Note has inferred by his posts that comparing Short and Puopolo is valid and the most material factor is premierships played.

If anyone else has a different interpretation of what has happened please advise.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2016, 09:07:26 AM »

Just so it is clear to everyone my interpretation is as follows;

* Big Note didn't put up the initial comparison
* Big Note however did add to the initial comparison by adding another comparison factor ie premierships
* Big Note then went on to say because Puopolo was a premiership player x 3 that the other comparison factors where all stupid

To summarise Big Note has inferred by his posts that comparing Short and Puopolo is valid and the most material factor is premierships played.

If anyone else has a different interpretation of what has happened please advise.
Can we then compare our interpretations?