Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171386 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #450 on: January 06, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »
I was worried with him come finals will he go to water,but in every game he was very good.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #451 on: January 07, 2020, 09:39:36 AM »
Yep most certainly condolences to Short and family.

But in a footy sense his off field circumstances should not detract from what he offers on the footy field or when we talk about his footy.

As nice as i can put put his footy exploits is he is marginally better than Ellis.

This is an absolute low blow. What happened in your personal life can absolutely have a knock on effect with someone’s footy ability. Rance struggles when he had a stalker, Sam Jacobs had an average game after his brother died. I think it’s pee poor you throw in a token “my condolences” statement then follow up with “Jayden is poo and he’s marginally better than Ellis “

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: January 10, 2020, 03:02:50 PM »
Yep most certainly condolences to Short and family.

But in a footy sense his off field circumstances should not detract from what he offers on the footy field or when we talk about his footy.

As nice as i can put put his footy exploits is he is marginally better than Ellis.

This is an absolute low blow. What happened in your personal life can absolutely have a knock on effect with someone’s footy ability. Rance struggles when he had a stalker, Sam Jacobs had an average game after his brother died. I think it’s pee poor you throw in a token “my condolences” statement then follow up with “Jayden is poo and he’s marginally better than Ellis “
LMFAO So people arent capable of making the distinction between personal life and football.And you shouldnt make that distinction when they are going thru a tough time in their personal lives. FMD bud give it a break.

I dont know anyone who wouldnt sympathise with anyone in shorts position. But for the life of me i cant see how that should change a persons opinion of them as a player.

Short is no kid hes what 24 been around awhile and what is wrong with his game has always been there.
What has happened in his life is unfortunate but we all at some time go thru it and it doesnt magically make him a better or worse  footballer.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: January 10, 2020, 05:50:16 PM »
we’ve just won a premiership, Jayden short has lost his dad and you are the first one to come out of the woodwork and pot him and say he’s a poo player.

That’s The  poocidiot behaviour I’m calling you out on. Any reasonable person would just send condolences and leave it at that but you and only you think it’s a good idea to pot him straight off the bat
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:22:16 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #454 on: January 10, 2020, 07:16:40 PM »
we’ve just won a premiership, Jayden short has lost his dad and you are the first one to come out of the woodwork and pot him and say he’s a poo player.

That’s The  Poocidiot behaviour I’m calling you out on. Any reasonable person would just send condolences and leave it at that but you and only you think it’s a good idea to pot him straight off the bat
Talk about a freakin pussy harden up precious, its a footy forum you do understand what that means, a place where we comment on their footy which has nothing to do with their private lives. Last time looked thru this thread it was about footy.

So  we are talking about his football and if you get cut up because people make comments on his football that you cant handle maybe you should stay of the forum. plenty have criticised him open your eyes.

As stated i sympathise with his situation but that situation does not alter my opinion of him as a player and nor should it. Talk about Poocidiot behavior your acting like a scalded child who cant get his way.
Im not here to talk about their private lives i have no interest in them only interested in them as players and  im honest about it. im here to comment on the way they play footy and you can like it or lump it
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:22:47 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2020, 11:09:45 AM »
Best kick in the team and is a real weapon across half back.

Only really seen him play one stinker - unfortunately that was the prelim in 2018.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2020, 01:24:18 PM »
Not even close to being our best kick. Don't think most of you notice where 30% of his kicks end up
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2020, 01:48:01 PM »
He had a great run with his kicking in 2018, kicks both feet and is a very nice shot for goal.
Not sure he always makes the best decisions, particularly under pressure and frankly wonder if we’d get more if he played up forward
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: January 12, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »
Not even close to being our best kick. Don't think most of you notice where 30% of his kicks end up
Easily our best kick.

Admittedly it was down a bit after his injury this year but his previous 3 or 4 years have shown he is.

In 2018 his kicking was as good as anyone on the comp.
And also one of the best “two sided” players in the league.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: January 12, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »
Easily our best kick.

Admittedly it was down a bit after his injury this year but his previous 3 or 4 years have shown he is.

Had a shocker in both finals though BT and probably didn’t fully recover in 19
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: January 12, 2020, 07:20:36 PM »
Easily our best kick.

Had a shocker in both finals though BT and probably didn’t fully recover in 19
Playing average in the 2018 finals series don’t make him any less a great kick??

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2020, 08:25:24 AM »
Lots of blokes failed in the 2018 finals series. Team was out of puff. Doesn't mean they're no good!

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2020, 03:39:45 PM »

So that is a 70% disposal efficiency by foot that makes him elite in the AFL.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »
Magnificent by foot and clearly the best in the best team in the comp :shh

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: January 15, 2020, 02:34:08 PM »
Heres a novel idea how about we go out and find a small backman who can actually defend an opponent. Who can win a bit of ball for himself, who isnt almost entirely reliant on his teammates getting it to him. Who can provide run, make good decisions with ball in hand not neccesarily having to be a great kick but use it well.A player who doesnt panic a player who will accept a bit of contact when needed a player who lets opponents know he is about the place.

But that would mean a premiership player in Short wont play, but wait fmd hes got a great kick on him we cant contemplate looking for a more rounded option with that in mind.

Everyone talking this joker up he really is a glass half full.
What ive seen of DE-S he looks a far better more rounded defender than Short. Stack jumps out at ya and if Picketts history is anything to go by he would make a great h/b at senior level.
Options we have plenty the question is are they better options than the glass half full one we play.