Author Topic: Jason Castagna [merged]  (Read 147332 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jason Castagna [merged]
« Reply #660 on: May 04, 2022, 05:49:16 PM »
Highest Set Shot Accuracy Compared to Expectation – Deliberate Snap (minimum 10 attempts):

4. Jason Castagna (Richmond)

Deliberate snap set shots: 11

Expected accuracy: 60.6%

Actual accuracy: 81.8%

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-goalkicking-stats-accuracy-snap-set-shot-attempts-rankings-tom-hawkins-interview-afl-360-champion-data-index/news-story/75f641b649434c510976e2b07e3ffc30

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #661 on: May 04, 2022, 06:21:42 PM »
We drafted Judson Clarke

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #662 on: May 04, 2022, 10:47:35 PM »
Highest Set Shot Accuracy Compared to Expectation – Deliberate Snap (minimum 10 attempts):

4. Jason Castagna (Richmond)

Deliberate snap set shots: 11

Expected accuracy: 60.6%

Actual accuracy: 81.8%

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-goalkicking-stats-accuracy-snap-set-shot-attempts-rankings-tom-hawkins-interview-afl-360-champion-data-index/news-story/75f641b649434c510976e2b07e3ffc30
This data from the same mob that says Finlayson is an elite forward?  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #663 on: May 14, 2022, 06:29:32 PM »
I’m not sure why we didn’t make a play for Stengle in last years draft it’s not like he was unfamiliar with our club and not only that we have 8 aboriginal players in our team that could help him keep on the straight and narrow.

……and we still have Castagna.  :help :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #664 on: May 14, 2022, 07:25:17 PM »
Please, Please, Please drop this guy. Surly even one of our draft picks would be better.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #665 on: May 14, 2022, 11:08:13 PM »
Agreed, but its not going to happen. Did nothing today yet still got a shout out in the presser from Dimma. But FMD how is he holding his spot ATM? No pressure, no possessions, no goals. No good.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #666 on: May 15, 2022, 09:12:52 AM »
Agreed, but its not going to happen. Did nothing today yet still got a shout out in the presser from Dimma. But FMD how is he holding his spot ATM? No pressure, no possessions, no goals. No good.

Think the "shout out" in the presser by Dimma actually told us why he keeps getting games.

I get people hate the term, shake their head about it but it comes back to his role in the team. He mentioned KMac too, they have their roles, they play them , he picks them

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #667 on: May 15, 2022, 10:20:50 AM »
We may have lost this game back for George's excellent triple effort at the end.

Smother, kick for goal but pushed off balance, recovered and kicked the goal.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #668 on: May 15, 2022, 10:56:51 AM »
We may have lost this game back for George's excellent triple effort at the end.

👍🏿

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #669 on: May 15, 2022, 03:17:25 PM »

Mentioned this in the match day thread

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: May 16, 2022, 09:52:54 AM »

We may not have been in that situation if we weren't playing one man down for most of the game.

Since when does one good act constitute a good game.

While we all get the the so called role excuse they make up for him surely the expectation is for more. If not the bar is plainly set way too low.Same goes for McIntosh unlike Ed Langdon when was the last time a team put a player on McIntosh trying to curb his influence.It has never happened. And people should not kid themselves Langdon works hard both ways as most good mids do.

I reckon its easy to deflect criticism simply by saying he performs his role while they never ever set a criteria for the role they never ever mention what they expect.Its just nonsense and it is so annoying that so many supporters just lap it up.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #671 on: May 16, 2022, 10:37:56 AM »

And where did anyone say he had a good game?

While we all get the the so called role excuse they make up for him surely the expectation is for more. If not the bar is plainly set way too low.Same goes for McIntosh unlike Ed Langdon when was the last time a team put a player on McIntosh trying to curb his influence.It has never happened. And people should not kid themselves Langdon works hard both ways as most good mids do.

I reckon its easy to deflect criticism simply by saying he performs his role while they never ever set a criteria for the role they never ever mention what they expect.Its just nonsense and it is so annoying that so many supporters just lap it up.

Just because no one has told you personally what roles EVERY player has doesn't mean there isn't one or they don't exist.

However, I do accept it very much suits your narrative to suggest that there is no criteria in place and it clearly doesn't matter what anyone says even the Coach you want accept it. Because in your world you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I will admit that I'm in the fortunate position with the membership I hold thatcwe get regular pre-match briefings from the coaches. In those meetings it is explained what roles individuals have. I take it in and then watch if those players do what they've been instructed to do. Process then becomes simple, they do what they've been asked they've played a good game. They don't do it, then they've been very poor.

Now I get in your world it is your way or the highway and clearly the coaches have no clue but after 3 flags in 5 years I'll put my trust in the coaches and accept what they tell me.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: May 16, 2022, 11:10:07 AM »

We may not have been in that situation if we weren't playing one man down for most of the game.

Didn't say he had a good game.

In fact I've actually opted to drop him in the changes thread.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: May 16, 2022, 05:32:36 PM »
As i said they make up excuses and supporters lap it up.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: May 16, 2022, 06:16:37 PM »
Third time this season he hasn't laid a tackle. Yet they laud him for his defensive game. two other games he has laid just one tackle

He is always chasing because he can't get near the ball  and when he does he butchers it.Yep lauded for chasing lmfao.

Ffs it is not rocket science his role is not hard, so find someone who is capable of playing a much more rounded role if you like someone who afl level small man skills for starters.