Author Topic: Hardwick says Richmond’s list is ‘enormously talented’ .... (Herald-Sun)  (Read 983 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick says Richmond’s list is ‘enormously talented’

Sam Edmund
Herald-Sun
May 1, 2015

ASKED if he’s feeling the pressure, Damien Hardwick’s face breaks into a wry grin.

“As an AFL coach, when don’t you think I feel pressure?” Hardwick said on Thursday.

“That’s the industry we’re in. From our point of view we just go about our business. The reality is, as we’ve seen this week with the (Alastair) Clarkson incident, it’s a high pressure job with high pressure stakes. Every day there’s pressure.”

Hardwick, in his sixth season as Tigers coach, has watched his side fall at the first hurdle in their past two finals campaigns. He has this year been frustrated by losses to Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs.

It’s a form line that prompted chief executive Brendon Gale to this week tell the Herald Sun Hardwick was the “the right man for the job” after only four rounds.

At 2-2, Richmond faces Geelong at the MCG on Saturday. The Tigers haven’t beaten the Cats since Round 9, 2006, but Hardwick remained defiant, describing his side as “enormously talented”.

“There must be some poor coaches below me. I’m ninth on the ladder,” he said.

“Listen, we’re strongly united here. We know exactly where we’re at and what we’ve got to do. Brendon, to his credit, has said the same thing all along — it’s a methodical build and it takes time to make a good footy club. We’re well on the way to that.

“We’ve got winnable games and as far as I’m concerned every game is winnable. What we’ve got to do is make sure we take stock and deliver. We didn’t deliver last week, we were disappointed with our performance and we’ve got to get better.

“I think we’re enormously talented, we’ve just got to harness that talent and get the best out of them. That’s my job and my coaching staff’s job.”

Hardwick said the fickle nature of the game led to wildly fluctuating opinion.

“The Bulldogs have been outstanding. We have you guys pumping up Adelaide as premiership favourites, next thing you know they’re getting beaten by the Bulldogs and they’re premiership favourites.

“Look, all we worry about is the four-week block in front of us. We’ve finished the first block and we’re 2-2; we’d love to be more but unfortunately we aren’t. Consistency is a great measure of success. We’re nowhere near as consistent as we need to be.

“The one thing about this group, they’re as disappointed about this performance (against Melbourne) as I was. They’re a proud group and we’re better than that, but we’ve got an opportunity to show it this week.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/damien-hardwick-says-richmonds-list-is-enormously-talented/story-fndv8t7m-1227327984449

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Of course they are...
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Spin Spin  :banghead

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
The better question would be why he hasn't learnt how to beat a simple defensive flood....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
The jokes on us  :thumbsdown

Stuff off Hardwick
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Warehouse chockablock full of talent and guess what , everyone wants a piece of it  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
“I think we’re enormously talented, we’ve just got to harness that talent and get the best out of them. That’s my job and my coaching staff’s job.”

clearly they are not doing their job then...............
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Oh look we're a bloody good side.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

Where is Atlantis?

Where is MH370?

Warehouse chockablock full of talent and guess what , everyone wants a piece of it  :shh

Where are Richmond Premierships since 1980?

Solve these mysteries. There's one close to your home.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
We just need an enormously talented coaching panel now.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
 :pillowfight :dancing :dogdance

Enormously so.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Where is Atlantis?

Where is MH370?

Where are Richmond Premierships since 1980?

Solve these mysteries. There's one close to your home.
I'm not referring to the warehouse circa 1983 , I'm talkin in the present  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
This bloke must be smoking some serious pot if he thinks that

On a side note isn't it refreshing to finally hear journos call the RFC out for that ridiculous idea to try and recruit that spud trengrove last year. Embarrassing when you really think about that the best we are going for is this bloke.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.