Author Topic: Hardwick's press conference - May 28 / Dimma slams rival clubs for Rance talk  (Read 2469 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's presser today ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-28/hardwick-press-conference-may-28th

-----------------------------------------------------

Hardwick slams rival clubs for Rance talk, walks out on media

Peter Ryan 
afl.com.au
May 28, 2015

FRUSTRATED Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has demanded the AFL ban clubs from talking about their rivals' out-of-contract players until the free agency period opens.

He said the constant speculation around players coming out of contract had an impact on football clubs, but Hardwick refused to be drawn into a discussion about the exact nature of the impact.

Instead he slammed the current situation that allowed the Brisbane Lions to discuss the prospect of Richmond defender Alex Rance joining their club. Hardwick then cut the media conference short.

"Other clubs shouldn't be talking about Eddie Betts, Alex Rance, Patrick Dangerfield [or] Rory Sloane. It's inappropriate as far as I'm concerned," Hardwick said.

"From our point of view there is a trade period and a free agency period at the end of the year and this is where all this should be taken care of.

"It's just ridiculous we're talking about contracted players. We shouldn't be talking about wanting to have players come to our footy club."

Hardwick said the Tigers weren't surprised other clubs would be interested in Rance but as coach he was happy that the 25-year-old was still playing great football.

"Why wouldn't you offer him big money? He's an important player. He's a great player [in] All-Australian form once again this year," Hardwick said.

"We're very confident on getting that resolved. We haven't put a timeline on it. He's playing some great footy, that is all we can ask of Alex at this stage."

In the USA, the NFL Anti-Tampering has rules designed to protect the employer-employee relationship between player and club. The rules ban meetings and public comment between players and opposition clubs apart from the free agency and trade window.

Already in 2015 there has been speculation linking Rance to the Brisbane Lions, Sloane to St Kilda, Dangerfield to Geelong and James Aish to Carlton and Collingwood.

AFL.com.au understands club football managers raised with the AFL the prospect of introducing similar rules earlier this year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-28/hardwick-slams-rival-clubs-for-rance-talk

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick storms out of press conference amid Alex Rance rumour frustrations

Eliza Sewell
Herald-Sun
May 28, 2015

A FRUSTRATED Damien Hardwick has walked out on Thursday morning’s weekly press conference after becoming agitated over persistent questioning.

Hardwick grew tired after a reporter questioned the Richmond coach as to how ongoing speculation over the future of contracted players impacted clubs - and particularly the Tigers.

Earlier, a fed-up Hardwick expressed his displeasure at recent media talk regarding contracted stars, calling on the AFL to ban clubs from talking about contracted players.

His call comes as the future of his star defender Alex Rance continues to be a hot topic.

Hardwick claimed talk by rival clubs about contracted players was “tampering” and he insisted the speculation needed stop after the latest report that Brisbane is preparing to make a big offer to Rance, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

“The NFL have a very good anti-tampering rule, we shouldn’t be here sitting talking about it at this stage,” Hardwick said.

“Other clubs shouldn’t be talking about Eddie Betts, Patrick Dangerfield, Rory Sloane. It’s inappropriate. It’s something the AFL needs to act on because it creates an industry where it creates an easy media article to write.

“From our point of view there’s a trade period and a free agency period at the end of the year and that’s where all this should be taken care of.

“It’s just ridiculous. We’re talking about contracted players. We shouldn’t be able to make comment about wanting players to come to our footy club, it’s a tampering.”

When asked what way it impacted on the club Hardwick said “next question”. Channel 9 reporter Tony Jones continued to ask several times more before Hardwick ended the press conference saying “come on mate, give me a spell”.

AFL club footy managers have discussed the idea and it’s believed the AFL is considering the change.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/damien-hardwick-storms-out-of-press-conference-amid-alex-rance-rumour-frustrations/story-fndv8t7m-1227372437331

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Tony Collingwood Jones. Pee off mate
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Just saw some vision (yes one gets afl news in Wagga) and I wouldn't call it "storming" out

And BTW TOny Jones from Ch9 is a tool
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
soft dimma, soft

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Pity he didn't snot Tony Jones.
These reporters think they are the stars of the game.
Bloody hacks.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Guys, have some respect.  They call him 'TJ'. He is as relevant to now as the 90s are.

He also drinks Diamond Draught,  Crystal Pepsi and stop. Hammer time.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tony "tossbag" Jones.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
one of the few times that a reporter actually presses a coach to answer a question and it is an irrelevant sensationalist line of questioning.

Tossers are too dumb to do this with a line of questioning about things that happen on the field that the coach can and should be held accountable for
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
And yet Dimma happily stated he would stay just a few weeks ago. As Benny did. And Dan Richardson and a number of his team mates.
In fact everyone at the club was prepared to talk about Alex Rance signing up except the man himself.it has subsequently gone quiet - maybe he had a word to the club about not wanting others to speak on his behalf?
Now Dimma doesn't want to talk about it?
I reckon it's a fair question, Dimma changing goal posts means something has potentially changed behind the scenes in the past few weeks perhaps?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
It's ok for us to bring up Motlop though ... LOL

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
If Rance walks it will mainlybe because of Hardwicka coaching ability.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I don't believe Benny Gale brought up his name.  The question was asked if we were into him and Benny didn't deny it and said we'd look at all available players.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
I don't believe Benny Gale brought up his name.  The question was asked if we were into him and Benny didn't deny it and said we'd look at all available players.

Did Gale storm out of the interview?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018