Author Topic: Trade and PSD offerings  (Read 16526 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade and PSD offerings
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2005, 09:48:47 AM »
If you did one for the past 10 seasons, there is a bit of material there, but we've got nothing on Freo!

Even though he made a couple of mistakes in that clip, he left out mentions of Clement, McPhee and Ottens (We traded Bond and Pick 21 for the 2nd draft pick, which was him).

Freo could of had a really good team years ago, but they stuffed it up by going for the quick fix's instead of a proper building up of the teams list!

Even now they don't have a very balanced list.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2005, 11:31:31 AM »
He ended up making a MUCH better an d funnier one bagging their drafting and recruiting, it got so popular that it caused his site to run out of bandwitch and got mentions on WA radio, apparently.

Here's the link:

http://www.matera.com.au/historyofdockers/

OH DEAR indeed

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Thnxs Razor ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiges undecided on PSD pick-up (The Age)
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2005, 06:21:16 AM »
From the Age:
By Jake Niall
November 27, 2005

Consider that at least half-a-dozen clubs — Geelong, Melbourne, West Coast, Fremantle, the Bulldogs and Sydney — will not participate in the pre-season draft and that others have already committed their December lifelines to players who did not nominate yesterday.

Carlton has Dylan McLaren lined up, Hawthorn will select Brent Guerra, the Roos have guaranteed a spot on the list for Geelong's Cameron Thurley. Essendon has done the same for Chris Heffernan, and hopes to for Scott Camporeale.

Collingwood, St Kilda, Port, the Brisbane Lions and the Crows have retained picks and the Kangas have a second slot for some lucky soul. Richmond is undecided, although Greg Miller, uncharacteristically dormant during the trading period, will find it hard to resist grabbing someone.

It's not inconceivable either that a couple of the clubs will use their pre-season spot to draft the best untried youngster still standing, particularly if they sense that they might be gazumped in the rookie draft.

...[Ed. delisted players] are victims of the downsizing of club lists and the fact that clubs are now required to keep players on the senior list for a minimum of two seasons. If you pick a previously listed player, it costs the club more than $50,000, whereas the virgin draftee comes at under $40,000; so, as Don Corleone would say, it's nothing personal, only business.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/11/26/1132966006822.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Woewodin
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2005, 02:39:13 AM »
SHANE Woewodin could know within 48 hours whether, as seems likely, his decorated career is over.

As the situation stood for Woewodin after Saturday's national draft, in which the prospect of being reunited with Melbourne was snuffed out when the Demons drafted Tasmanian Heath Neville with their last pick, his chances rest with either St Kilda, Richmond or Port Adelaide.

But the Tigers are yet to decide whether they will fill the last vacancy on their list.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/11/27/1133026346592.html

:-X
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2005, 09:12:43 AM »
There is almost no talent in this years PSD pool, pass on the PSD and save the money for another rookie or two

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
yeah but is there someone out there who is uncontracted at the moment, and his club is trying to keep it quiet. Remember Bartel was supposedly signed up 6 weeks ago...in reality signed 2 weeks ago.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2005, 01:10:30 PM »
Unlikely, but i guess possible.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2005, 01:12:57 PM »
yeah but is there someone out there who is uncontracted at the moment, and his club is trying to keep it quiet. Remember Bartel was supposedly signed up 6 weeks ago...in reality signed 2 weeks ago.

You're right RT regarding the delay in signing blokes - a number of teams this year have been saying "we've finalised all our signings" and then a few weeks later your hear that Player X has re-signed. I am pretty sure there was one like that at North the other week when they said they weren't offering Stevens a new deal.

I am thinking that perhaps we seriously need to look at someone like Sam Hunt (ex Bomber) who is a tall (190+ com) readymade footballer size wise (weight about 90+kgs) in the PSD, give him 1 year ONLY and if doesn't work say see you later at the end of the season. It seems to me we just seem so small down back going into 2006.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2005, 01:33:45 PM »
It makes perfect sense to make a mature defender in the PSD, players like Hunt and Baird fit the bill.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2005, 06:58:28 PM »
The third and final list lodgement is this Friday at 2pm. So I assume that's when Camporeale or any surprise out-of-contract guys at other clubs need to be sorted out.   

Friday 2nd December – 2pm
Third List Lodgement and Total Player Payment estimates
International Rookies Lodged

The PSD is again light on :-\ although with the Blues (McLaren), Hawks (Guerra) and Bombers (Camporeale, Heffernan) already making up their minds apparently, it's only the Pies in front of us in terms of picking up anyone else.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd