Author Topic: Trade and PSD offerings  (Read 16523 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade and PSD offerings
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 04:36:23 PM »
I have heard whispers about Alvey too -  :banghead :banghead :banghead

No no no  >:(

They'll both be delisted anyhow so we could get Hunt with a late pick (i.e. for practically nothing) if we really wanted to. If this goes through Sheeds will be quietly chuckling to himself over pulling another swifty.

Why would you bother trading for them if there is a massive chance they'll be delisted. Gotta say that doesn't make sense to me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Luke Power leaving Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 11:13:28 PM »
Aker spilled the beans on Before The Game that Luke Power is leaving the Lions as there's a conflict between Power and Matthews and he wants to come back to Victoria.

The club of course he's linked to is Collingwood  ::) because he's best mates with Caracella. It wouldn't be the pre-trade period without a big name being linked to the Pies and then them failing to get him when it matters ;D.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 11:24:16 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 11:30:07 PM »
Brissy will trade no matter what, methinks Pick 5 gets put on the table no matter what, plus something else.

Maybe he will be involved in a much larger trade, personally i see a ridiculously huge and complicated trade going down this year involving a LOT of clubs!

................or we could trade for him, but what with?

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 11:31:27 PM »
Don't fear MT, i will create another Crazy Trade idea thread involving us getting Power, just let me think (smoke crack  :shh) and come up with something realistic that involves up getting him!  :rollin :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 05:47:18 AM »
Salopek is off the market.

North want Hay and the Swans are chasing Everitt to replace Jason Ball. The Hawks are asking for a wooden spoon next year if they trade Everitt away. North under Laidley still remind me of us prior to 2004 in giving away early draft picks for a quick fix.

In the paper they also had Polak saying he wants to stay in WA even though there's talk that he may be heading east.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 06:10:55 PM »
Sheedy has said today he may trade the Bombers first pick for a very good midfielder.

Anyone told him about Tivs. If Cole's worth a first rounder then so is Tivs ;D.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 07:43:30 PM »
Sheedy has said today he may trade the Bombers first pick for a very good midfielder.

Anyone told him about Tivs. If Cole's worth a first rounder then so is Tivs ;D.

I was thinking Tiv and Ray Hall for pick 7 ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 03:00:55 AM »
Not a big fan of Razor WP ;D.

Any interest here in any of these young out of contract Lions who might be squeezed out due to Brisbane's tight salary cap - Troy Selwood, Daniel Merrett, Dylan McLaren, Joel Macdonald and Michael Rischitelli ?   

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 05:20:43 AM »

Any interest here in any of these young out of contract Lions who might be squeezed out due to Brisbane's tight salary cap - Troy Selwood, Daniel Merrett, Dylan McLaren, Joel Macdonald and Michael Rischitelli ?   

The young Lions come from a fantastic football culture but as we know that doesn't make you a good player.

Selwood - For me no he is limited as a player will only ever be a third string onballer, Merrett - Yes, BIG young could be anything. The Lions won't let him go. McLaren - NO hack, McDonald - Maybe has had some good games 2005, Rischitelli - No very limited.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 01:06:10 PM »
Troy Selwood - Don't know much about him, however we don't need anymore 187cm+ midfielders.
Daniel Merrett - I like him, big, tall, athletic, the fact that his originally from QLD worries me, and Brisbane would ask for more then his worth to get him.
Dylan McLaren - Don't need another ruckmen, and he sucks anyway.
Joel Macdonald - Another tallish midfielder, from QLD, don't know a lot about him though.
Michael Rischitelli - Originally from Melbourne, wing player, would be interested, but depends on what Brisbane ask for.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 01:07:33 PM »

Actually I've become a bit of fan MT having been one of his harshest critics. I only put his name up because he is one player on our list that actually has reasonable amount of  trade value now because of his improvement in 2005.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 05:14:21 PM »
Actually I've become a bit of fan MT having been one of his harshest critics. I only put his name up because he is one player on our list that actually has reasonable amount of  trade value now because of his improvement in 2005.

Yeah he does have good trade value but unless we could immediately replace him at CHB via a trade or PSD then we'd have to rely on a aging Gas and Chubba plus possibly Schulz to do all the key defending roles. One injury and we'd be stuffed. With Graham retired, losing two tall (average) defenders in one hit would be a massive loss unless we're prepared to hit bottom again and draft a few young key backmen.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2005, 05:23:14 PM »

Yeah he does have good trade value but unless we could immediately replace him at CHB via a trade or PSD then we'd have to rely on a aging Gas and Chubba plus possibly Schulz to do all the key defending roles. One injury and we'd be stuffed. With Graham retired, losing two tall (average) defenders in one hit would be a massive loss unless we're prepared to hit bottom again and draft a few young key backmen.

I'd be keen to trade Hall.

Two questions I'm asking myself...

1. Is Ray Hall ever going to be a premiership centre half back? Almost certainly not.
2. Is Ray Hall's market value going to get any higher than it is now? Quite possibly not.

I reckon we should definitely test the water.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »

I'd be keen to trade Hall.

Two questions I'm asking myself...

1. Is Ray Hall ever going to be a premiership centre half back? Almost certainly not.
2. Is Ray Hall's market value going to get any higher than it is now? Quite possibly not.

I reckon we should definitely test the water.

Agree with you there Jake.

I was just saying on offloading Hall that unless we recruit a ready-made tall replacement or get a dream run in terms of no injuries to Gas, Chubba or Schulz then Tigers supporters should have low expectations for 2006 and even 2007. The positive side from such a deal is two top 10 picks which we can use to draft two quality young KPPs this year plus another couple in the potentially far stronger 2006 draft if we as a result of having a makeshift backline finish bottom 4 next year.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2005, 06:52:36 PM »
ray hall has played a couple of handy games but seriously he is a very overrated bafoon and clutz who always runs with blinkers on