Author Topic: Trade and PSD offerings  (Read 16529 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trade and PSD offerings
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 03:42:13 AM »
SEN last night were doing a run down of trade talk at each club. They ran out of time so will be doing the Tiges tonight.

Shannon Grant and Bartel look like staying at their clubs. The Blues want to keep Whitnall but are happy for Fevola to go. Everitt is now the latest big name linked to the Pies ::). The only other names mentioned were Ryan Lonie, Cole, Cupido, Heffernan and Ben Holland... Pass!  Sounds like another poor PSD is on the cards  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 08:22:30 AM »
Reported in the Herald Sun today that Essendon are interested in trading Andrew Welsh for Tivendale.

I would take that in a flash, Welsh could provide the tough back pocket player we need and allow Newman to develop into a run with midfielder.

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2005, 08:45:39 AM »

Yeah he does have good trade value but unless we could immediately replace him at CHB via a trade or PSD then we'd have to rely on a aging Gas and Chubba plus possibly Schulz to do all the key defending roles. One injury and we'd be stuffed. With Graham retired, losing two tall (average) defenders in one hit would be a massive loss unless we're prepared to hit bottom again and draft a few young key backmen.

I'd be keen to trade Hall.

Two questions I'm asking myself...

1. Is Ray Hall ever going to be a premiership centre half back? Almost certainly not.
2. Is Ray Hall's market value going to get any higher than it is now? Quite possibly not.

I reckon we should definitely test the water.

Answer to 1: not unless he moves to a non-Victorian team;
Answer to 2: yes it can, by having another good year, though if he did you probably wouldn't trade him

I would tend to hang on to him. But I would understand if he wants to go to a club that has a prospect of winning a premiership - and there's only six of those.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2005, 11:05:00 AM »
Reported in the Herald Sun today that Essendon are interested in trading Andrew Welsh for Tivendale.

I would take that in a flash, Welsh could provide the tough back pocket player we need and allow Newman to develop into a run with midfielder.

that would be fantastic! sis they just re-sign welsh and 4 how much! app sheedy is a big wrap 4 tiv, not sure why but he can have him

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2005, 04:03:07 PM »

that would be fantastic! sis they just re-sign welsh and 4 how much! app sheedy is a big wrap 4 tiv, not sure why but he can have him

I'm with you guys. Where do we sign?! lol.

Welsh has just re-signed as X mentioned so it's probably all crap. 

Sheedy might be a big wrap for Tivs but the bomber fans are doing their nut on the bomberblitz forum over him :rollin.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21933

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2005, 04:09:44 PM »
LOL @ Pick 8 for Welsh!  :lol :lol :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2005, 04:30:44 PM »
LOL @ Pick 8 for Welsh!  :lol :lol :lol

Yeah I saw that too. Or they what Tambling  :lol

Dream on Dons  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2005, 04:49:31 PM »
In the EOTT section of the RFC website there is article by Greg Miller about trade week and the upcoming draft - interesting reading.

From that article and this caught me eye:

We’ll upgrade our two rookies (Nathan Foley and Will Thursfield), which will leave us with 3-4 choices in the National Draft.

Glad to see Foley and Thursty get a gig on the senior list :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2005, 04:59:59 PM »
Glad to see Foley and Thursty get a gig on the senior list :thumbsup

;)

Foley and Thursty replace Cambo and Graham. Rory, Morrison and Archibald's delistings brings our senior list down to 35. So that means 3 choices in the National draft and no PSD. We would need to trade for a pick, delist another player or push Richo onto the Veterans' list to have 4 choices or 3 choices + 1 PSD pick. Sounds like we may pass on the PSD.   

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2005, 05:05:10 PM »
Foley and Thursty replace Cambo and Graham. Rory, Morrison and Archibald's delistings brings our senior list down to 35. So that means 3 choices in the National draft and no PSD. We would need to trade for a pick, delist another player or push Richo onto the Veterans' list to have 4 choices or 3 choices + 1 PSD pick. Sounds like we may pass on the PSD.   

In the same article Greg Miller says 3-4 pics in the national draft but also mentions that we have a spare spot on our list for a 5th choice - though I must admit I couldn't work that one out

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2005, 05:09:10 PM »

In the same article Greg Miller says 3-4 pics in the national draft but also mentions that we have a spare spot on our list for a 5th choice - though I must admit I couldn't work that one out

Would that be Gas onto the Vet list as well as Richo ???

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2005, 07:21:23 PM »

Would that be Gas onto the Vet list as well as Richo ???

Hmmm I forgot Gas is eligible for the veterans next year....

Interesting times ahead next week I reckon

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »
We went into this season with a spare spot on the senior list, so thats 1.

Campbell and Graham retiring makes 3.

Hilton, Archi and Morro delisted makes 6.

Will and Foley promoted makes 4.

So we will have 4 draft picks, and for the time being not a single rookie.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2005, 08:58:52 PM »
SEN's trade talk tonight don't expect us to anything next week. They say only Tivs has been mentioned and is linked to a few clubs but we're fairly keen to keep him :-\.

In other news Fiora might be off again to a new club possibly in SA as part of a Fergus Watts exchange.

Ryley Dunn at Freo who was the 10th pick in the 2003 draft may want to do a Fergus Watts and return to Victoria. He's twice broken his collarbone in 2004 though.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 09:03:44 PM by mightytiges »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2005, 09:21:54 PM »
We went into this season with a spare spot on the senior list, so thats 1.

To my knowledge I don't think we had a spare spot as such (it's compulsory now to fill all 38 senior list spots) but if we had put Cambo as a veteran off the senior list and onto the veterans' list then we would have had to pick up another player last year. So in that sense we had a spare spot available.

This year Richo and Gas are eligible for veteran status so depending on our finances and our TPP (staying above the minimum 92.5%) we could have up to 40 players (senior list + veterans list) + up to 4 rookies if we wanted to.

I'd rather we do the same as 2005 and stick with 38 including Richo and Gas on the senior list with one as a veteran and try to pick up 3 rookies at least given it's a weak draft. Picking up more kids with late picks in the National draft in 2 months time on 2-year contracts at approx. $125k would limit our choices in the 2006 draft which is meant to be a blinder. Rookies are cheaper at $35k per year and don't take up senior list spots.