Author Topic: Richmond vying for a licence to have a team in the national women's league (Age)  (Read 6504 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: AFL Women's League
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 06:48:08 AM »
Tambling has a couple of each I think.....

He has one of each
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »

How about a new kicking coach?

:lol

What's funny. Why are you laughing?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
And she got smart Id shirtfront the idiot
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »
TV networks want more sporting content and so all footy codes are offering more in their next TV rights deal. The NRL has added an additional FTA game and Thursday nights to their internationals (a World Cup), SOO, League and State league cup; Soccer's added the FFA Cup and wants another FTA game on Saturday night for the A-league; AFL adding Thursday nights and a Women's League (2017) to Men's League & State footy.

Most weekends on Ch 7 post-2017:
Thur night: AFL
Fri night:     AFL
Sat arvo:  VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL
Sat night:  AFL
Sun arvo: Women's AFL
Monday night: Talking Footy (Brownlow GF week)

All remaining AFL content on Foxtel.

The only change to that if TEN pops up to claim a FTA off their controllers at Fox.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 12:26:54 AM »
Any Father/Daughters we should be on the look out for?

Good point.
If Richmond F.C. established a female Richmond Tigers team is there a ruling to determine Mother - Son recruitment just like the Father - son rule?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Clubs fight for foundation status as AFL paves way for women's league
Caroline Wilson
The Age
10 December 2015

The AFL Commission will next week pave the way for creation of the national women's league, with the first season to start in March 2017, consisting of at least six clubs and the potential for a national draft to establish the historic year one.

With most Victorian AFL clubs furiously jockeying for just four women's licences, and teams from Western Australia and Queensland, the commission faces the dilemma of whether or not it can afford to establish a national competition without a team from South Australia.

With Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs long considered certain foundation clubs, strong challenges have emerged from Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Geelong, St Kilda and Collingwood.

The Magpies are understood to have put forward a strong submission to the AFL, and will hold talks with league officials this week regarding the logistics of a Collingwood women's team.

As part of next week's AFL report to the commission Fairfax Media understands:

* The women's AFL in 2017 will certainly consist of four clubs from Victoria, a Brisbane Lions team and one from Western Australia, with both the Eagles and the Dockers fighting to gain the first women's WA licence;

* The AFL is expected to cover the establishment cost of the foundation teams, estimated at $500,000 per club, incrementally reducing that funding each year;

* The women's AFL competition will start with a televised national league in March 2017 and finish in May to allow minimum interference with local competitions;

* The AFL is considering a national draft to spread talent, but faces the problem of relocating the cream of the country's women players in the early years, given the expected low player payments;

* Next week's commission talks will pave the way for clubs to officially tender for women's licences early next year.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/clubs-fight-for-foundation-status-as-afl-paves-way-for-womens-league-20151209-gljoja.html

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Dusty can be the water boy and orange peeler and boot studder.

That should cover him for punishment
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:00:23 PM by Damo »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
I officially crossed over to NRL today

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
What if our players get done for striking an opponent, are involved in a mellee, or lay a nasty tackle - will they be suspended for violence against women?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
I'm waiting for one of the moles to getpissed and stuff up at a bar.

I'll call her over to my table and tell her to STFU.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Dusty can be the water boy and orange people and boot studder.

That should cover him for punishment
I see what you did there !

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Clubs fight for foundation status as AFL paves way for women's league
Caroline Wilson
The Age
10 December 2015

The AFL Commission will next week pave the way for creation of the national women's league, with the first season to start in March 2017, consisting of at least six clubs and the potential for a national draft to establish the historic year one.

With most Victorian AFL clubs furiously jockeying for just four women's licences, and teams from Western Australia and Queensland, the commission faces the dilemma of whether or not it can afford to establish a national competition without a team from South Australia.

With Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs long considered certain foundation clubs, strong challenges have emerged from Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Geelong, St Kilda and Collingwood.

The Magpies are understood to have put forward a strong submission to the AFL, and will hold talks with league officials this week regarding the logistics of a Collingwood women's team.

As part of next week's AFL report to the commission Fairfax Media understands:

* The women's AFL in 2017 will certainly consist of four clubs from Victoria, a Brisbane Lions team and one from Western Australia, with both the Eagles and the Dockers fighting to gain the first women's WA licence;

* The AFL is expected to cover the establishment cost of the foundation teams, estimated at $500,000 per club, incrementally reducing that funding each year;

* The women's AFL competition will start with a televised national league in March 2017 and finish in May to allow minimum interference with local competitions;

* The AFL is considering a national draft to spread talent, but faces the problem of relocating the cream of the country's women players in the early years, given the expected low player payments;

* Next week's commission talks will pave the way for clubs to officially tender for women's licences early next year.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/clubs-fight-for-foundation-status-as-afl-paves-way-for-womens-league-20151209-gljoja.html

:sleep
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Aren't we already playing in the national women's league otherwise known as the AFL?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Aren't we already playing in the national women's league otherwise known as the AFL?
I see what you did there  8)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Heard we're after Jack Watts to captain the side :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do