Author Topic: Elimination Final - Richmond vs North Melbourne @ the M.C.G. - Sunday, Sept. 13  (Read 27393 times)

dwaino

I'd take Johnson for a season for no other reason to stand up and show the way in a big final.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
I really think it's simple. Too many players can't handle
Pressure and expectations. I think jack can. Rance can. Maybe miles and that's about it.
I think we have the players to be a top 4 side and push for a flag but the mental weaknesses are stuffed. And what peees me off most is we have heard the same pooe 3 years in a row about how this loss will burn in their stomach and they can't wait to prove themselves next year. Less talk and more walk

Spot on talent is there no doubt but to many players go to water when the pressure is on and a mentally weake it showed Cotchin,Lids,Martin,Ellis,Edwards all our topline midfield went missing.

No More

Well l'm gutted.  :banghead

well I went to sleep early last night and just woke up its 1.47am and I am still feeling like poo  :thumbsdown

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Jack should be in the leadership group.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Pressure and expectations. I think jack can. Rance can. Maybe miles and that's about it.
I think we have the players to be a top 4 side and push for a flag but the mental weaknesses are stuffed. And what peees me off most is we have heard the same pooe 3 years in a row about how this loss will burn in their stomach and they can't wait to prove themselves next year. Less talk and more walk

Spot on talent is there no doubt but to many players go to water when the pressure is on and a mentally weake it showed Cotchin,Lids,Martin,Ellis,Edwards all our topline midfield went missing.
:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Well l'm gutted.  :banghead

well I went to sleep early last night and just woke up its 1.47am and I am still feeling like poo  :thumbsdown
Careful there Ramps. Not good for your health. Just think to yourself that it is just a game. That's the way I handle it.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
With all their bromances, coifed hair cuts, fancy Tatts...still played like under 12s and crapped themselves when the pressure was applied.

Are these blokes pandered to, seriously no guts and determination was shown yesterday.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond reflections

richmondfc.com.au
September 18, 2015

In the wake of Richmond’s elimination final loss to North Melbourne last Sunday, ‘Roar Vision’ recorded the views of several Tiger players (Grimes, Miles, Ellis, Houli, Vlastuin, Grigg, Conca & Rance) on that disappointing defeat, and the team’s 2016 prospects.

Dylan Grimes
“To finish the way that we did, the third year in-a-row, is really disappointing.  We had some players that were down . . . They’ll be the first to admit that as well, but at the end of the day, we’re a team and we rely on every player, as much as any other player.  We didn’t bring our best game and North did . . . that was pretty much it.  Our (2016) season starts now.  Individually, we get better, as a group we get better,  our game plan gets stronger, we mature, and we go further.”

Alex Rance
“You always have to put it in perspective . . . it’s a game at the end of the day.  It means a lot to a lot of people, but there are worse things that happen in the world.  We have achieved a lot this year, we have improved, so there’s that to be looked at as well.  But you can’t get too happy with the season when you get bailed out in the final again.  There’s no doubt that we’re on the upward trend, and we’ve got a lot of talent in our team that can go the right way.  But every team’s talented.  It’s a matter of the mental side of the game . . . that you can cope with pressure and respond.  We’ve never lost faith in the whole time that ‘Dimma’ (coach Damien Hardwick) has been here that we’d be a consistent finals side, and to play three finals in-a-row is a good effort in itself.  But we want more.  You don’t get prizes just for making the finals – you’ve got to win them.”

Read more: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-09-18/richmond-reflections-

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

The carlton elim final loss was the best - Gibbs is a fukn cat still makes me chuckle

Hellenic Tiger

They're all funny.

We are just pathetic.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

IMO this is where we keep going wrong. I dont believe for a second that the talent is there.I think this has been shown.
Like all sides we have some talent enough to be around the middle of the table, The question has to be Do we have enough?? Imo  clearly not.
We have had players for years now who at their best pass muster but when at any level below their best they just drop away too much. We get sucked into wanting to keep them because they have played some good footy.

A few examples out of many to show what im saying.
Rance has become one of the better defenders in the comp and always performs at a consistent level. The next best tall defender we have is Chaplin and when things are going well he is okay.  Too often like in an elimination final when put under pressure  he falls to pieces. Take Rance away from the list and the backline is very ordinary and lacking talent.There is just too much reliance on Rance.

Riewoldt up forward. Then who??  Vickery!!!!!! the drop off is enormous.
 Yep we have some talent in those areas  as is evidenced by both Rance and Riewoldt but we just dont have enough.

We have our share of very good mids at the top end,  but we drop away. some  mids at their best are good enough but when beaten the drop off is too much. I think type of mids is just as much a part of the problem.

Look at big Ivan. A servicable player who always gives his all. Then what Hampson or Vickery it is laughable.

We have too many players who do perform to a decent level when everything is going well but it has been shown far too often when you really need them to stand up the most they will invariably let you down.

This caper is harsh but we need to make some hard calls on players if we want to go further.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish

IMO this is where we keep going wrong. I dont believe for a second that the talent is there.I think this has been shown.
Like all sides we have some talent enough to be around the middle of the table, The question has to be Do we have enough?? Imo  clearly not.
We have had players for years now who at their best pass muster but when at any level below their best they just drop away too much. We get sucked into wanting to keep them because they have played some good footy.

Back:  Rance, Deledio, Vlastuin, Grimes, Ellis, Ellis, Elton

Mid:  Miles, Cotchin, Maric, Edwards, Martin, Lambert, Menadue

Fwd: Reiwoldt, McBean, Lennon, Vickery, Griffiths,

there is enough talent - IMHO

if you look at the turn around in Port [last year[, Saint +  Dogs [recently], WCE [now] most teams can get pretty close, fast, if you tweak things correctly

Do you think a Clarkson or Horse would fail at Richmond, with the current group? or a couple additions and the current list. i doubt it

The next best tall defender we have is Chaplin and when things are going well he is okay.  Too often like in an elimination final when put under pressure  he falls to pieces. Take Rance away from the list and the backline is very ordinary and lacking talent.There is just too much reliance on Rance.

Yep Chaplin is a like a drunk homeless man

Deledio needs to be played back as Richmond is not good enough to have him in the middle/forward unfortunately, Vlastuin and Grimes are top shelf back they need a chop out

This caper is harsh but we need to make some hard calls on players if we want to go further.

Yep
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Need to move on people, this game is over now...go see your Doctors and get your lives back on track.. :snidegrin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"