Author Topic: Tivs and Razor offered up for trade  (Read 2220 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tivs and Razor offered up for trade
« on: October 04, 2005, 01:04:57 AM »
Richmond offered Greg Tivendale and key position tall Ray Hall as potential trades yesterday.

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/heard-the-latest-trade-whispers/2005/10/03/1128191659967.html

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tivs and Razor offered up for trade
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 01:17:47 AM »
Ray Hall up for trade =  :o

- 25 years of age, comming into his prime
 - Very good size: 196cm/97kg, finally put abit od meat on
 - Had an very solid year in the back line, able to pince hit ruck/forward
 - Top 10 in B&F 2004

Pretty decent footballer IMO. Underrated.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:31:32 AM »

- Top 10 in B&F 2004

No way is he underrated, if anything he will be overrated on the trade table!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 02:20:05 AM »
I think Ray Hall is in his prime and even so he is nothing more than an average player. Definitely won't be the end of the world if he goes. All the same wouldn't mind if he stayed.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 06:20:08 AM »

- Top 10 in B&F 2004

he is clumsey and a clutz, wears blinkers when he runs with the ball, and really only played 3 good games this yr.

i say if we can off load tiv and hall for anything half decent we will win that deal!

bte, essendon offered bolton and richards for pick 8 !!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin  idiots, miller told them no way no chance :thumbsup

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 10:45:42 AM »
We have to be more ruthless here - Razor has come on a little bit this season, but he is still nowhere near a Cornes or Maguire, both of whom are considerably younger.

We waited too long with Bourke, perhaps we were a bit emotional about Francis' son becoming a player his father could be proud of. We waited too long with Ben Holland - there was a time when common perception was that Holland was a very good CHB. I think he rarely lived up to this on the field and we could have pinched a couple of good kids for him if we let him go a couple of seasons earlier. I think if Razor can be used such that we pick up a promising kid or as makeweight in a deal for a potential matchwinner (Fevola) we should push ahead.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 11:44:09 AM »
We have to be more ruthless here - Razor has come on a little bit this season, but he is still nowhere near a Cornes or Maguire, both of whom are considerably younger.

We waited too long with Bourke, perhaps we were a bit emotional about Francis' son becoming a player his father could be proud of. We waited too long with Ben Holland - there was a time when common perception was that Holland was a very good CHB. I think he rarely lived up to this on the field and we could have pinched a couple of good kids for him if we let him go a couple of seasons earlier. I think if Razor can be used such that we pick up a promising kid or as makeweight in a deal for a potential matchwinner (Fevola) we should push ahead.

well said

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 12:50:30 PM »
We could get value for Hall, but my concern is ending up with a horrible defensive line, especially if Gas or AK get injured!

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 12:57:48 PM »
Schultz must be our CHB.

Hall is 24. Chad Cornes  25.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 01:00:37 PM »
We could get value for Hall, but my concern is ending up with a horrible defensive line, especially if Gas or AK get injured!

You can go planning your side in case of injuries to your key players, you just can't cover them.

If Schultz can mature into a solid/promsing CHB we have a pretty solid back 6 and with the likes of Thursfeilds comming along some deapth.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 01:03:30 PM »
Big if!

I used to despise him until this year when IMO he really kicked on, i tend to wonder if he can improve again or if it was just a case of "playing under an actual coach for a year syndrome", which Tuck, Pettifer, Brown and other players seemed to have catched this season!  :rollin

I'd shop him, definetly, but i'd want suitable compensation due to our questionable defense!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 01:08:58 PM »
Schultz must be our CHB.

Hall is 24. Chad Cornes  25.

Stand corrected. I had thought Hall was 25 and Cornes 23.

Agree re. Schulz. Its actually a chance to find out 12 - 18 months earlier what Jay is really capable off - its not as if he should or needs to be in cotton wool any longer.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2005, 01:23:21 PM »

I reckon you've hit the nail on the head here Jake. Although I am not that keen on Fevola  ;)

As I said on another thread - Hall has value this season. The harsh reality is that I don't think there is that much on our list that we'd be prepared to part with that would attract a great deal of interest. Maybe it is time we did bite the bullet and trade someone of value rather than "umming & arghing" about it and losing an opportunity to improve our position in the draft as we have done so many times in the past
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 02:31:16 AM »

I reckon you've hit the nail on the head here Jake. Although I am not that keen on Fevola ;)

As I said on another thread - Hall has value this season. The harsh reality is that I don't think there is that much on our list that we'd be prepared to part with that would attract a great deal of interest. Maybe it is time we did bite the bullet and trade someone of value rather than "umming & arghing" about it and losing an opportunity to improve our position in the draft as we have done so many times in the past

Agree, Razor has had his best season in terms of consistency this year and has probably maxed out his currency.  Would be pushing to get an early 3rd round trade for Ray.

Fev is certainly not the answer if RFC are to achieve regular Top 4 and have a genuine chance for a Premiership.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 02:42:23 AM »

I reckon you've hit the nail on the head here Jake. Although I am not that keen on Fevola ;)

Agree, Razor has had his best season in terms of consistency this year and has probably maxed out his currency.  Would be pushing to get an early 3rd round trade for Ray.

Fev is certainly not the answer if RFC are to achieve regular Top 4 and have a genuine chance for a Premiership.

Hall for 3rd rounder? Swanies offered us a 2nd round 12/24 months ago, did they not? He has had a ripped year (for Ray Hall standards) and at 25 is on the verge of his best 3 season. 195cm+, 25 yoa, comming up to his pime = mid 2nd rounder, at least.

i reckon Fev could be the answer to getting Richmond top 4 whilst our older core of players are still around.