Author Topic: Pass or Fail? Richmond 2015 report card (Herald-Sun)  (Read 14863 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Pass or Fail? Richmond 2015 report card (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »
I think we were good enough to win the flag
As Hardwick said on SEN
Our biggest hurdle was North and we failed
Not scared of any other team

0/3 final wins in 3 years. Not gonna win 4 finals in 1 year against determined teams of similar motivation.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 09:54:35 AM »
We were good enough to win the flag,  it's as simple as that. Sitting here flossing my teeth as I watch the gAme  , I'm thinking we beat these sides, e a s I l y . It should be us out there,  :shh
Easily.....Pffft Rubbish! 
I watched the prelim tonight and there's is no way our bunch of pansy leaders would've helped beat any of them.
Finals is completely different beast to home & away matches, you've got to be tough and ruthless. There's no room for substandard efforts or going missing for large chunks of the match. You've got to be on and alert ready to attack every contest like it's your last ever contest. You've got to be aggressively competative as if your life depends on it, and you don't ever, ever, let a little spit beat you.  Rance, Miles, Jack aren't in the leadership group but played this way.
Cotchin, Chaplin, Lids & Maric played like they had their rags and they will NOT live this down until they can repay this club in finals.
  You must have won every norm smith medal everytime you played in AFL grand finals. Please tell us about how you were so good in so many finals , with your do or die attitude and aggressiveness. Did you even play AFL ? Did you or do you even play footy? The way you talk it seems to me ,that you are one of those blokes you find in the pub who tells anyone who'll listen , "I coulda made AFL". Or worse still lies about having played AFL , there's plenty of those duds around. If you had played footy to any level at all you wouldn't post like you do and you would certainly understand how things don't always go according to plan in finals, even with the greatest effort.  :wallywink

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 11:46:02 AM »
Fail for the club they haven't met the KPI's they set for themselves.
 Personally we finished around where i thought we would, mid table. Unless we address some obvious problems, understand we dont have a list capable of winning a flag, A list lacking the right structure, enough quality, and genuine depth we will remain around mid table until some of the younger sides start going past us. We will then become a bottom dweller.

So what do we need to keep clubs at bay???? and become a better side?????. That has been the questions for the last three yrs. They  remains the questions because they have never been addressed.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 11:46:20 AM »
FAIL

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 02:06:37 PM »
We were good enough to win the flag,  it's as simple as that. Sitting here flossing my teeth as I watch the gAme  , I'm thinking we beat these sides, e a s I l y . It should be us out there,  :shh
Easily.....Pffft Rubbish! 
I watched the prelim tonight and there's is no way our bunch of pansy leaders would've helped beat any of them.
Finals is completely different beast to home & away matches, you've got to be tough and ruthless. There's no room for substandard efforts or going missing for large chunks of the match. You've got to be on and alert ready to attack every contest like it's your last ever contest. You've got to be aggressively competative as if your life depends on it, and you don't ever, ever, let a little spit beat you.  Rance, Miles, Jack aren't in the leadership group but played this way.
Cotchin, Chaplin, Lids & Maric played like they had their rags and they will NOT live this down until they can repay this club in finals.
  You must have won every norm smith medal everytime you played in AFL grand finals. Please tell us about how you were so good in so many finals , with your do or die attitude and aggressiveness. Did you even play AFL ? Did you or do you even play footy? The way you talk it seems to me ,that you are one of those blokes you find in the pub who tells anyone who'll listen , "I coulda made AFL". Or worse still lies about having played AFL , there's plenty of those duds around. If you had played footy to any level at all you wouldn't post like you do and you would certainly understand how things don't always go according to plan in finals, even with the greatest effort.  :wallywink

lol. ive had my run ins with tigitis but he is pretty much on the money here.
we are no longer the worse than fitzroy team rebuilding. The time is now and sides that just accept that sometimes things go wrong in final dont win premierships.

but just for the sake of it, why dont you point out where and why he is wrong rather than slag off at him?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »
So it is fine for him to slag off at our players but not okay for me to question as to what gives him so much knowledge of the game to do so. I maintain that a true supporter does not personally attack one or more players from their team on a public forum, why denigrate them if you supposedly support them, that's just immaturity.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2015, 02:42:12 PM »
Mature supporters support the club and are able to seperate it from it's employees.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2015, 02:56:40 PM »
So it is fine for him to slag off at our players but not okay for me to question as to what gives him so much knowledge of the game to do so. I maintain that a true supporter does not personally attack one or more players from their team on a public forum, why denigrate them if you supposedly support them, that's just immaturity.

That doesn't answer the question. Where was he wrong?

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 03:39:43 PM »
For one as much as we might think that our players are going to war ,they are not ,it is a game ,suggesting that the players put their life on the line for a game is stupidity. And before you say he/she didn't say this, what does attack each contest like it is your last mean? All AFL footballers are some of the bravest sportsman in the world and all are trying their very best, again I say if you have played much football you would understand that sometimes things just don't go your way. To many people buy into the media groupthink about a loss in a final, or even three finals. If you listen to the commentators you would think that they never ever played a poor game.
Getting back to tigeritis, I have every right to question what knowledge/experience he/she has to personally denigrate our players. If you have never played the game at afl level it is very hard to understand how hard it is. You can have an opinion but I don't think abusing players is fair to them. 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »
your going on about the way in which he said it. and it was pretty tame really.

what about what he said?

can you see through to that?

and although none of us may have played the game at the highest level, we have seen enough to compare what those who win premierships do and what those that dont.

Attitude and desire to succeed has nothing to do with ability.
leaders need to stand up when it counts, regardless of what level they play at, that is why they are leaders.

you dont need to be blessed with elite sporting ability to see and understand that.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 04:19:53 PM »
For one as much as we might think that our players are going to war ,they are not ,it is a game ,suggesting that the players put their life on the line for a game is stupidity. And before you say he/she didn't say this, what does attack each contest like it is your last mean? All AFL footballers are some of the bravest sportsman in the world and all are trying their very best, again I say if you have played much football you would understand that sometimes things just don't go your way. To many people buy into the media groupthink about a loss in a final, or even three finals. If you listen to the commentators you would think that they never ever played a poor game.
Getting back to tigeritis, I have every right to question what knowledge/experience he/she has to personally denigrate our players. If you have never played the game at afl level it is very hard to understand how hard it is. You can have an opinion but I don't think abusing players is fair to them.

Have you played at the elite level?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »

what about what he said?

and although none of us may have played the game at the highest level, we have seen enough to compare what those who win premierships do and what those that dont.

leaders need to stand up when it counts, regardless of what level they play at, that is why they are leaders.

you dont need to be blessed with elite sporting ability to see and understand that.
Absolutely agree with that.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 04:48:05 PM »

what about what he said?

everyone can have an opinion, it's the personal recriminations that I struggle with, I just don't get that.

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 04:54:39 PM »

Have you played at the elite level?
It doesn't matter whether I have or not ,I,m not the one attacking the players and insulting them.

But as a matter of fact I have played at the elite level.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »
well good for you, you must be know what your talking about then.

give it up son
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.