Author Topic: Nathan Broad [merged]  (Read 94600 times)

Online amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Nathan Broad [merged]
« Reply #435 on: May 31, 2023, 04:57:25 PM »
Great news.   :clapping

I listened to an interview with Broady about two months ago where he was asked about his future as there had been a bit of speculation about a return to WA and he said then he was hoping to re-sign as long as the club wanted him.  Sorry can't remember what the podcast was called so not able to link.

Here is a link to today's interview with Andy & Gazey.  https://www.sen.com.au/programs/the-run-home-with-andy-and-gazey/

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #436 on: May 31, 2023, 09:01:51 PM »
Really happy he stayed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Broad's surprising revelation on Hardwick's departure (SEN)
« Reply #437 on: June 01, 2023, 01:12:27 PM »
BROAD’S SURPRISING REVELATION ON HARDWICK’S DEPARTURE

Seb Mottram
SEN
1 June 2023

Richmond defender Nathan Broad was last week a guest on Fox Footy’s On the Couch at the time news broke of Damien Hardwick’s impending exit from Punt Road.

Despite preaching the Tigers’ flag window was still wide open, Broad has now spectacularly admitted he knew of Hardwick’s decision and had to play a “po-ker face” throughout the interview.

The stunning report broken by SEN’s Tom Morris blindsided the footy community with the three-time premiership coach departing Tigerland mid-season.

Reports indicated only a few senior players knew prior to the news being broken and Broad – who signed a fresh contract on Wednesday – revealed he was one.

“If I didn’t sign this two-year contract deal I was thinking about becoming a professional po-ker player,” Broad laughed on SEN’s The Run Home.

“I did know, I found out probably 15 minutes before going live on air. I obviously wasn’t going to spill the beans, it wasn’t my job to do that, it was on Dimma’s time.

“So it was a few porky pies…”

But that doesn’t take away from Broad’s surprise, with the 30-year-old having no suspicions prior to the decision.

“Yeah, obviously I was as shocked as everyone else was, I did not see it coming whatsoever,” he explained.

“There was absolutely no indication from Dimma, even with his body language. Dimma, as we know, all the way up to the very last game and the last day (was invested), so hats off to that, putting on a brave face.

“But the way this business is and the way the world works, you’ve got to move on and move on pretty quickly.

“(Andrew) McQualter’s stepped in and he’s been around for a few years now, an absolute legend, really good game knowledge and game sense and the boys have the utmost respect for him too.

“As harsh as it was, we had to move on and get on to Port Adelaide. We weren’t able to get the chocolates, but it’s been a pretty good week, an exciting week and we’re looking forward to what the future holds.”

Hardwick left Richmond despite his side gathering form in the lead-up to the exit. However, speaking at his final press conference, Hardwick admitted he’d become burnt out by the job and was no longer convinced he could commit as the role requires.

The 50-year-old wasn’t at the MCG as Richmond went down narrowly to Port Adelaide on Sunday, instead posting on Twitter a photo of himself enjoying the game from home.

It was an image that captured Hardwick’s essence in his Richmond kit and famous grin, but there was one aspect Broad wasn’t as enthused by.

“I loved all of it, the only bit I couldn’t have was he and his Stone and Woods, they’re a shocking drink but he loves them!” he laughed.

“It’s good to see him kick back and relax. He’s been an absolute legend for our footy club, the way he brought us back from 2016 and into the granny in 2017, it’s all on the back of him and his leadership and the individual growth he did.

“He owes nothing to us, we owe everything to him. It’s just amazing what he’s done for our footy club and we wish him all the best.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/31/broads-surprising-revelation-on-hardwicks-departure/

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: June 02, 2023, 07:05:51 AM »
I think this is really significant. 2 reasons

1. Richmond is worth staying and playing for post Hardwick
2. There is a sense of belief of us being successful soon and not needing to throw the list out for a entire rebuild.

There are holes to be worked on and I'm really wrapped abroad will be here for 2 more years, think he's out best defender.

I’m happy he stayed. He has been very reliable this year. Not many bad games that I can even remember from him.

Define soon mate? I’m being serious and not being a smart arse but everyone has a different view  on this? I look at the list and I don’t see a flag in it. I see other teams with hunger speed who attack the contrast. Something of which I have rarely seen in 2 years now. The quicker we accept it the better.

I’m sure many of us including me said that in 2016, but we had some match winning talent in jack cotch and dusty the great. Which match winners will we have after next year. Lynch will be over 30 and is too injury prone. Shai is a talent but can we rely on him like those 3 for all those years?

We have to cut deals to get into the top 10, and we will have money on the books with cotch and jack gone. It’s the only way IMO because as far as I can see not we can’t rely on our recruiters as they too haven’t plucked many of late.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2023, 10:01:10 PM »
"Keep an eye on what Nathan Broad is doing...he's such a significant magnet for Richmond."

- Daniel Hoyne

https://twitter.com/SENSportsday/status/1671070177658802177

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: June 20, 2023, 10:35:21 PM »
That 4 week block he missed was very costly, went 0-4. I wonder how many we would have snagged if he had been available.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #441 on: June 22, 2023, 07:46:49 PM »
Who should be getting more credit? 🤔

Listen to AFL Daily now: https://www.afl.com.au/news/953856

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1671438187070394369

Broady still underrated despite being a 3-time premiership player.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #442 on: July 12, 2023, 06:51:29 PM »
“He Had A Few Choice Words!” Nathan Broad Reveals What Happened In His Clash With Lance Franklin

Nathan Broad came into the studio to join Abbey Holmes on Footy Talk on Wednesday, fresh off a win against Sydney the previous week.

Where he’d had a little run-in with at half time with Buddy.

The cameras picked up the two having a few things to say to each other as they parted ways – so Broady told us what went down.

LISTEN HERE: https://listnr.com/podcasts/footy-talk-daily-australian-rules-podcast/episodes/wednesday-jul-12-buddys-words-with-broady-why-tige

https://articles.listnr.com/sport/afl/he-had-a-few-choice-words-nathan-broads-clash-with-lance-franklin/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #443 on: July 13, 2023, 01:01:06 PM »
“He’s going to flatten me”: Tiger Nathan Broad tells of trading barbs with Lance Franklin

“He had a few choice words for me on the weekend.”

Annie Ireland
zerohanger.com
13 July 2023

Three-time Richmond premiership defender Nathan Broad has revealed a tongue-in-cheek face-to-face with Sydney Swans champion Lance Franklin.

The defender and forward went toe-to-toe last Thursday night during the Tigers' 13-point comeback victory over the Swans at the MCG, keeping Richmond's finals hopes afloat.

The fixture likely represented Franklin's final MCG appearance in his decorated career.

Speaking with Abbey Holmes on Footy Talk, Broad started full of praise for the Swans icon, noting teammate Tylar Young's awe of playing against 'Buddy'.

"To be able to say you played alongside Lance Franklin and be in his presence is pretty special," Broad said.

"Tylar Young on the weekend came out and said to be able to say that he played on Lance Franklin and that is like, it's amazing. [He's a] real once-in-a-generation player."

Franklin's achievements in the AFL include two flag triumphs at Hawthorn, the seventh-placed mantle on the VFL/AFL all-time goals list, and eight All-Australian blazers.

However, Broad revealed the pair traded a few barbs last Thursday, with Franklin apparently advising Broad on where he should and shouldn't stand on the ground.

"He had a few choice words for me on the weekend," Broad said.

"Oh, we were just getting into each other a bit and it happens every week you know, the heat of the battle and that, and he just let me know if I stand in the wrong spot he's probably going to flatten me."

https://www.zerohanger.com/hes-going-to-flatten-me-tiger-nathan-broad-tells-of-trading-barbs-with-lance-franklin-139782/

Online amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2023, 05:26:58 PM »
Congratulations to Nathan and Tayla Broad on the arrival of their baby girl Samara Margot

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv1adOcv_CD/?img_index=1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #445 on: August 13, 2023, 01:23:53 AM »
Samara Margot Broad

Congratulations, Tayla & Nathan!

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1690256357025546240

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #446 on: August 13, 2023, 03:39:20 PM »
Playing like he’s still in new baby mode.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #447 on: August 13, 2023, 06:56:56 PM »
Playing like he’s still in new baby mode.

Improved as the game went on

Was in our best half dozen by the end of the game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: August 13, 2023, 07:31:20 PM »
Love this guy but his last two weeks have been as poor as i have seen from him. He cost us the first two goals by being bullied off the ball. Like Vlastuin improved as the game went but a really poor performance.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #449 on: September 30, 2023, 05:55:41 AM »