Author Topic: Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast / Tigers get End of Round 2 compo pick [official]  (Read 97205 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Mabior Chol [merged]
« Reply #405 on: July 02, 2021, 10:06:37 AM »
Mabs had the most hitouts (25) on the ground last night but we got smacked in centre clearances 4 - 12  :P.

This doesn't surprise me

The number of times he hit it forward towards our forward half and our mids were running the other way and the Suns kept at least one back defensive side of the circle was staggering

Is that Chol's fault or is that the fault of stoppage/clearance set up and our mids and by default the midfield coach?

Serious question BTW

Back to his actual game...

Mabs didn't play well because he lacks the one thing that Nank has by the truckload and that's aggression but it is clear he is a reasonable tap ruckman. Just think his performance was made to look even worse but the ineptitude of centre square set up and the mids

This is spot on WP
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #406 on: July 12, 2021, 04:15:28 AM »
Mabior Chol (rolled ankle) played out the game but could be added to an injury list.

Source: AFL, Fox & Age websites.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2021, 03:57:06 PM »
How many do we need and who goes
Nankervis 27, Soldo 26, Chol 25, CCJ 22, Collina 22 Ryan 20.
Soldo back from his knee and Another preseason behind CC-J and Chol really is superfluous to needs. Ryan looks promising as well.
Could really trade Chol and a pick and target a higher pick or a list need.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #408 on: July 12, 2021, 04:11:08 PM »
Chol's a free agent, clubs don't need to trade for him... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2021, 04:23:58 PM »
Chol has shouldered the ruck which is a tough task considering he hasn’t had the conditioning and fitness to play sole Ruckman. I think he has done well considering he is undersized and has been knocked around.
He will be better player for the experience and we will not even get a compensation pick if he walks so I’m not that keen to push him out the door 

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #410 on: July 12, 2021, 07:14:08 PM »

Why let the truth get in the way of a fanciful list strategy...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #411 on: July 12, 2021, 09:14:40 PM »
Free agent thats not quite right he was originally rookied in 2016 and would not qualify for restricted free agency and thats despite him being re rookied in 2019.

He will become a delisted free agent if we delist him or if his contract has expired. If a club is intersted in him a deal is usually the way clubs go.

Still doesnt address the pertinant questions, How many ruckmen do we need? and who should g?.I count 6 ruckmen and i reckon 4 is sufficient normally.

Why let the truth get in the way of a fanciful list strategy...
Hmm a bitter butt hurt poster in all its glory.

Chol has shouldered the ruck which is a tough task considering he hasn’t had the conditioning and fitness to play sole Ruckman. I think he has done well considering he is undersized and has been knocked around.
He will be better player for the experience and we will not even get a compensation pick if he walks so I’m not that keen to push him out the door 

Hmm he hasnt had the conditioning and fitness now that is some excuse. Fmd he has been basically the sole ruck in the magoos and his fitness is not the issue but his ticker. FMD HES BEEN HERE SINCE 2016 and hes not fit sheesh. Excuses are never ending.

The bottom line is he will never ever be the #1 ruck and is not a key position player. Both Ryan and CCJ have shown more potential and are a chance to become #1 ruckmen.

Honestly weather we can trade him or if he walks he has to go we dont need six ruckmen on the list.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2021, 10:51:22 PM »
Ryan’s not up to it this year, based on his last outing, how many Fit Ruckman have we got.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: July 13, 2021, 02:38:59 PM »
Gez guys our recognised ruckman been out long spells even CCJ  now.Chol is no number one ruck and he is being asked to play there because of our injuries.Might be out with his rolled ankle.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #414 on: July 14, 2021, 03:49:13 PM »
Dimma today talking about Mabs:

* Chol is alright. He thought it was a bit of a carry on so he took some cement to harden up. So hopefully he'll be fine as well. It's a job well done as we thought we were in trouble when he went down in the first 5-6 minutes of the game. So for him to get through the game was incredibly important especially when it was off his jump leg. So he'll be better for the rest.

Source: RFC website

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: July 14, 2021, 10:04:46 PM »
People here just missing the bleeding obvious.

Most are saying hes a second ruck and that is the point. He is nothing more than a second ruck and he definately can not on the body of work to date play KPP. You have your reasons why he should not be kept an at best okay ruckman and an okay fwd but nothing good at either.

6 ruckmen on the list and at 25 with obvious deficiencies that make you question him and the one who has to go is not hard to pick.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #416 on: July 14, 2021, 10:18:43 PM »
Maybe he should be gone already. That way we could be playing a real ruckman like Pickett or Dave Astbury
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: July 16, 2021, 05:16:19 PM »
Maybe he should be gone already. That way we could be playing a real ruckman like Pickett or Dave Astbury

Okay smart arse how many ruckmen do you think we need on the list Six not enough for you?. Thats whats being discussed. How many and who should go.

Chol at no time has shown he can hold down the #1 ruck role we even cut him from the list, and stupidly re rookied him. yet here we are 6 or 7 seasons after first drafting him and he still  doesnt look like making it as a #1 ruckman or Kpp. A second stringer who gets belted most weeks is okay for you eh.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #418 on: July 16, 2021, 06:13:56 PM »

Okay smart arse how many ruckmen do you think we need on the list Six not enough for you?. Thats whats being discussed. How many and who should go.

Chol at no time has shown he can hold down the #1 ruck role we even cut him from the list, and stupidly re rookied him. yet here we are 6 or 7 seasons after first drafting him and he still  doesnt look like making it as a #1 ruckman or Kpp. A second stringer who gets belted most weeks is okay for you eh.

Steady on Claw, we all know we are in trouble with rucks. A tongue in cheek comment saw you take the bait.

What I find strange is that Hardwick was the possibility of the AFL, allowing teams to offer one of their rucks to other teams so they could get experience/game time earlier this year.

Which one of our rucks was he talking about? We got nothing.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #419 on: July 16, 2021, 10:56:49 PM »
Was good tonight.

Excellent kicking for goal and actually took some good grabs.

Building trade value IMO.